Pro-Lifers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-10-2011, 07:25 PM
Pro-Lifers
So, I made the mistake today of confronting some "Pro-Lifers" on the street today. First let me state that just the name is deceiving isn't it? As if to say that anyone pro choice is actually only pro death.
Anyhow normally I wouldn't bother to get involved when I have my kid with me, because it's not her problem yet and she shouldn't have to see daddy go insane, but I had to. I was telling myself as we were approaching them, not to say anything, to just be cool. But they were yelling at people with their stupid signs and they had kids with them... My mind was red with rage. But I kept saying be cool, be cool, be cool, they have the right to be douche bags if they want....

There was a lady holding a sign that poked me just hard enough to force me off the cliff into the boiling sea of regret.

The sign said "abortion hurts women" I'd never seen that one before. It made me loopy. In what way does it hurt women vague sign? Be more specific, because I can tell you that physically it doesn't hurt at all, the woman is very heavily drugged up. Psychologically it will, just as having the child of a rapist who assaulted them in the park one day will hurt them. But I digress, it bothered me simply because I was overcome with irony.

I almost made it past them, but my mouth opened and I suddenly had no control of myself I was meta me. The words, oh the words. I turned and blurted out "You know what hurts women? Religion" Immediately I was swarmed by christians shouting and being overtly abrasive. The woman started shouting "it's the truth boy it's the truth" I got lots of cuss words shouted at me including fag, which was funny considering I was with my kid. If I wasn't I am sure I would have knocked out this one guy who was calling me names.
"If you want proof of the misogyny within your bible ,try reading the damned thing from one side to another. You'll be surprised at all the horrid life lessons it's full of."
I said while attempting to make a hasty getaway. I ambled through the crowd stroller in front of me. My daughter turns and looks at me, and says "what's that sign say?" as she has been so prone to do these days. "It says a whole bunch of bullshit that only stupid adults believe" I replied (not being one who refrains from cussing in front of my kid, I tried that and it only made her fixate on the swear words I let slip by accident, now she never copies them... kids are funny little creatures) She said "that's funny, can you get me a treat?" So due to her blatantly ignoring daddies little foible I did indeed get her a treat. It was yummy.
But as we were crossing the street away from the mad dogs I being one who learns slowly and painfully shouted back with a smile etched across my face "If there's a hell, I'll bet you my last buck you guys are there right beside me". They didn't find it that funny, but no one chased after me. I was surprised to see I had a few people join me in my anti pro life demonstration. Mostly young women too.
Anyways, I'm not pro life as you may have guessed by now. And more importantly I'm not pro pro lifers. They are dicks. Oh and I also blurted out "Just think that if all of your parents had aborted how much room I'd have on this sidewalk right now." which was just mean, and yet, it was like I meant it.

You pro life or not? I will probably think less of you if you are. But I won't hate you unless you're one of the pro lifers who feels like it's their duty to shove their point of view into everyone's faces especially when they may already be going through some tough shit. Then I probably will.

Just tell me why.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
02-10-2011, 07:36 PM
RE: Pro-Lifers
I'm pro-choice too but I can kinda see where they coming from. I don't agree with them in any way but I just don't have the same level of dislike for them. I see them as trying to do what they think is right, they think that abortion is child murder and they want to protect the children which I can respect.

I think the real problem here is religion. It's their faith that makes them think that an aborted foetus is a fully formed child even though science shows otherwise. Religion is the cause, pro-lifers are just guilty of being too stupid to understand reason and too ignorant to consider that they may not be right.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
02-10-2011, 09:17 PM
It's willful ignorance though and that means I hate them.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
03-10-2011, 01:04 AM
(02-10-2011 07:25 PM)lucradis Wrote:  So, I made the mistake today of confronting some "Pro-Lifers" on the street today. First let me state that just the name is deceiving isn't it? As if to say that anyone pro choice is actually only pro death.
Anyhow normally I wouldn't bother to get involved when I have my kid with me, because it's not her problem yet and she shouldn't have to see daddy go insane, but I had to. I was telling myself as we were approaching them, not to say anything, to just be cool. But they were yelling at people with their stupid signs and they had kids with them... My mind was red with rage. But I kept saying be cool, be cool, be cool, they have the right to be douche bags if they want....

There was a lady holding a sign that poked me just hard enough to force me off the cliff into the boiling sea of regret.

The sign said "abortion hurts women" I'd never seen that one before. It made me loopy. In what way does it hurt women vague sign? Be more specific, because I can tell you that physically it doesn't hurt at all, the woman is very heavily drugged up. Psychologically it will, just as having the child of a rapist who assaulted them in the park one day will hurt them. But I digress, it bothered me simply because I was overcome with irony.

I almost made it past them, but my mouth opened and I suddenly had no control of myself I was meta me. The words, oh the words. I turned and blurted out "You know what hurts women? Religion" Immediately I was swarmed by christians shouting and being overtly abrasive. The woman started shouting "it's the truth boy it's the truth" I got lots of cuss words shouted at me including fag, which was funny considering I was with my kid. If I wasn't I am sure I would have knocked out this one guy who was calling me names.
"If you want proof of the misogyny within your bible ,try reading the damned thing from one side to another. You'll be surprised at all the horrid life lessons it's full of."
I said while attempting to make a hasty getaway. I ambled through the crowd stroller in front of me. My daughter turns and looks at me, and says "what's that sign say?" as she has been so prone to do these days. "It says a whole bunch of bullshit that only stupid adults believe" I replied (not being one who refrains from cussing in front of my kid, I tried that and it only made her fixate on the swear words I let slip by accident, now she never copies them... kids are funny little creatures) She said "that's funny, can you get me a treat?" So due to her blatantly ignoring daddies little foible I did indeed get her a treat. It was yummy.
But as we were crossing the street away from the mad dogs I being one who learns slowly and painfully shouted back with a smile etched across my face "If there's a hell, I'll bet you my last buck you guys are there right beside me". They didn't find it that funny, but no one chased after me. I was surprised to see I had a few people join me in my anti pro life demonstration. Mostly young women too.
Anyways, I'm not pro life as you may have guessed by now. And more importantly I'm not pro pro lifers. They are dicks. Oh and I also blurted out "Just think that if all of your parents had aborted how much room I'd have on this sidewalk right now." which was just mean, and yet, it was like I meant it.

You pro life or not? I will probably think less of you if you are. But I won't hate you unless you're one of the pro lifers who feels like it's their duty to shove their point of view into everyone's faces especially when they may already be going through some tough shit. Then I probably will.

Just tell me why.
I think it strange that Christian types should be overly concerned about abortion. Surely a loving God would not take out his wrath on foetuses.

As for abortion per se, I think that society needs to be responsible re contraception, education, options etc --and reduce the need for these measures as much as possible.
03-10-2011, 03:39 AM
(02-10-2011 07:36 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I see them as trying to do what they think is right, they think that abortion is child murder and they want to protect the children which I can respect.

The terrorists on the 9/11 planes thought they were doing whats right too, doesn't make what they did right, and it doesn't make screaming and hitting people with your picket signs right either. (To clarify, no I am not asserting you said doing what they think is right makes it right.)

Personally I think abortion centers should have higher security and these people shouldn't be allowed to harass passersby in front of them.

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"
03-10-2011, 12:34 PM
Pro-abortion. I just believe a fetus is parasite. I was more of a parasite when I came out, didn't stop drinking mommy's milk till I was three. Actually whenever my mum used sleep facing away from me, I just dragged one of her breast and drink. YUM!! (I turned out to be weird kid...oh the long time effects) Lol! =D

[Image: boston-terrier-gets-scared.gif]
03-10-2011, 01:11 PM
Ok Tazmin you get the award for most fucked up answer lol.

Though technically I think the fetus could be described as a parasite, it still sounds nuts wacko lol.

03-10-2011, 02:13 PM
(03-10-2011 01:11 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Ok Tazmin you get the award for most fucked up answer lol.

Though technically I think the fetus could be described as a parasite, it still sounds nuts wacko lol.

ThanksBig Grin

I think so too! But I need more evidence but the description of a parasite fits in with a fetus.Oh well!Sleepy

[Image: boston-terrier-gets-scared.gif]
03-10-2011, 04:56 PM
I am pro-life because I believe a person's right to decide the use of her own body is more important even than the life of another. If a child was dying somewhere and I was the only matching donor of, say, a kidney, wouldI like it if the law forced me to donate the kidney whether I wanted it or not? How about somebody is dying of blood loss and I am a good match, should I be strapped down against my will so they can take my blood? Hey, I can live without some blood right? Well I happen to believe my right to decide what to do with my blood trumps that of the dying individual. Same with pregnancy.

English is not my first language. If you think I am being mean, ask me. It could be just a wording problem.
03-10-2011, 05:03 PM
(03-10-2011 04:56 PM)sy2502 Wrote:  I am pro-life because I believe a person's right to decide the use of her own body is more important even than the life of another. If a child was dying somewhere and I was the only matching donor of, say, a kidney, wouldI like it if the law forced me to donate the kidney whether I wanted it or not? How about somebody is dying of blood loss and I am a good match, should I be strapped down against my will so they can take my blood? Hey, I can live without some blood right? Well I happen to believe my right to decide what to do with my blood trumps that of the dying individual. Same with pregnancy.

So wouldn't you be pro-choice? because you believe a person has every right to what goes with their body.

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"