Pro Wrestling thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-06-2017, 08:13 AM
Pro Wrestling thread
Ok, so not exactly a 'sport' in the *ahem* 'real competitive' sense, but I'm a huge fan of Pro Wrestling, and have watched it for yeeeeeears, since I was young. Even gave it a go myself from the age of 16 on wards, and was a lot of fun...if very painful haha.

Anyway, I watch WWE (formally WWF) and also watch a ton of other "independent" stuff as well, as well as Japanese promotions and others when I can. If anybody is interested in non-WWE stuff, I can post news updates and snippets from other shows.

Any fans on here?

*Note: For non-fans - I'm well aware it's not 'real' and staged haha. Having given it a go myself, I can confirm it takes a ridiculous level of fitness and hurts a lot. At a base it's a show for others to watch, much like you would watch any other movie/tv show. Feel free to ask questions if you have any Smile *

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
I now sell T-Shirts Here! Please Check it out Thumbsup
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-06-2017, 08:38 AM
RE: Pro Wrestling thread
I watched a fair amount of pro wrestling when I was younger. Knowing full well that it was fake, I still found it entertaining. But I stopped watching it many years ago -- I just found better ways to waste my time.

Big Grin

I actually got to meet an ex-wrestler last November. I wrote about it in one of these threads. I can't remember the guy's name, but he was _____ "the Undead". He's now tending bar in Eau Claire, Wisconsin, which is where I met him. He had a lot of interesting stories to tell. The hour or two that I spent in that bar was priceless.

ETA: He was "Minos the Undead". The other thread is still visible toward the bottom of this forum's page.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
06-06-2017, 08:43 AM
If you get chance, search for PWG or Pro Wrestling Guerrilla on youtube, they have trailers for the shows they do....and it's INSANE. Highly suggest checking that out.

And yep, I wrestled for a few years until I blew my knee out. I traveled to Germany at one point to train over there, to try and get back into it in later years. I did have an in-ring come back last year, although it was short lived as I'm nearly 30 and somebody's father lol. If anything it was to prove to myself I could still "go" which I can/could at the time, so I'm ok now lol. A lot of my dearest/oldest friends still wrestle, with the odd one or two doing very well for themselves as well, plus I got to meet a fair few "big names" over the years too Smile

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
06-06-2017, 09:04 AM
Yeah I've watched it for ages. My favourite time was the attitude era with The Rock. I eventually got tired of WWF/E and moved onto others like TNA, which sadly seems to have shut down now.

My all-round favourite wrestler is probably AJ Styles, although I love too many other to name. I enjoy lots of action and cool moves.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-06-2017, 09:11 AM
(06-06-2017 09:04 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  Yeah I've watched it for ages. My favourite time was the attitude era with The Rock. I eventually got tired of WWF/E and moved onto others like TNA, which sadly seems to have shut down now.

My all-round favourite wrestler is probably AJ Styles, although I love too many other to name. I enjoy lots of action and cool moves.

TNA is still around, it goes by "impact Wrestling" now though, for various reasons I won't go into haha. Would highly recommend "Ring of Honor" for an alternative to WWE, they have a TV show you can watch online and via the FITE app, for free I think plus they have PPV's and stuff Smile

And do you mean THIS AJ Styles?
[Image: nsBljso.jpg]
[Me, a few years back, with then IWGP champion AJ styles Smile ]
Edit: I also look a complete goon, as I was insanely happy to be there. I think my eyes are slightly crossed as well because I was just zoned out from being so happy Laugh out load

[+] 3 users Like OakTree500's post
06-06-2017, 09:15 AM
Abdullah the Butcher: The Madman from Sudan

FTW!!!
[+] 1 user Likes I'mFred's post
06-06-2017, 10:21 AM
(06-06-2017 08:38 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I watched a fair amount of pro wrestling when I was younger. Knowing full well that it was fake, I still found it entertaining.

Now you can just watch superhero movies.
06-06-2017, 10:33 AM
Scripted or not, it wasn't any fun getting smothered in Abdullah's hep c infected blood. That shit wasn't no catsup corn syrup mix neither.
06-06-2017, 12:33 PM
(06-06-2017 10:33 AM)ImFred Wrote:  Scripted or not, it wasn't any fun getting smothered in Abdullah's hep c infected blood. That shit wasn't no catsup corn syrup mix neither.

Fun fact for non fans: Non on the blood in wrestling is fake. All real daddy. Any time a wrestler is bleeding from the head, they have intentionally cut themselves open.

06-06-2017, 01:52 PM
(06-06-2017 12:33 PM)OakTree500 Wrote:  
(06-06-2017 10:33 AM)ImFred Wrote:  Scripted or not, it wasn't any fun getting smothered in Abdullah's hep c infected blood. That shit wasn't no catsup corn syrup mix neither.

Fun fact for non fans: Non on the blood in wrestling is fake. All real daddy. Any time a wrestler is bleeding from the head, they have intentionally cut themselves open.

Therefore making it the greatest sport since the colosseum stopped feeding lions.