Pro Wrestling thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-04-2018, 04:03 AM
RE: Pro Wrestling thread
Mania:

Overall decent show, the main was a bit of a let down, but I'm not sure what I was expecting really. The result was interesting though. Will see where that goes for sure. Everything else was alright, with Rousay having a surprisingly good showing. It was long, but I was strapped in for the pre-show (watched NXT before that as well) so I didn't mind all that much.

Generally, pretty good. I enjoyed it Smile

I'm training for a 10K run, read about it in my blog :
Lost In Pace - A Running Blog
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-04-2018, 08:38 PM
I am, right now, watching an HBO Documentary on...

Andre The Giant

Big time, y'all! BIG Time!
Size 24 shoes, ladies! Wink

Ultimate Bad Ass of ALL Time!!!

Worship Slaves Worship Slaves

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
10-04-2018, 08:42 PM
(10-04-2018 04:03 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Mania:

Overall decent show, the main was a bit of a let down, but I'm not sure what I was expecting really. The result was interesting though. Will see where that goes for sure. Everything else was alright, with Rousay having a surprisingly good showing. It was long, but I was strapped in for the pre-show (watched NXT before that as well) so I didn't mind all that much.

Rousay does wrestling? I thought she was fer-real mmf badass.

BTW not wrestling but Conner Macgregor wtf? Publicity stunt gone wrong?

11-04-2018, 02:57 AM
(10-04-2018 08:42 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  
(10-04-2018 04:03 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Mania:

Rousay does wrestling? I thought she was fer-real mmf badass.

BTW not wrestling but Conner Macgregor wtf? Publicity stunt gone wrong?
Yeah she stopped doing UFC stuff a little while back, focusing on acting and the such like. She's a big WWE fan in real life, so when they offered her a gig, she happily took it.

And Connor : yeah, he's just being a total ass hat at the moment.

06-06-2018, 05:58 AM
Thought this may be best to post here...

...I've officially decided to give pro wrestling one more shot. For those that don't know, I used to be a pro wrestler around the age of 18, through to my early 20's. I never really did get very far, but I took a few bookings here/there, plus travelled over to Germany for some training. After an injury and years of anxiety/depression issues, I go back into it a few years ago for an anniversary match from my old training school (video is in this thread somewhere) before calling it a day due to my fitness/age and so on.

This year I've been training for a 10K run which is in September, and already I'm noticing the difference in my speed/strength/stamina, I've lost a bit of weight and am only in the starting area's of my training for this. As well as this I've re-started a yoga program I've done in the past, to help me limber up, and in another week or so I'll be starting some more intense stretching, which also working on some light weights/body work outs to boast my muscle mass. All of that and I've been hitting a BJJ class for the past few months to help with fighting cardio/strength and all that jazz.

With all that in mind, I thought "holy shit, I'm in the best shape I've been in for some 10+ years, and it's only really going to improve" so the door opens once more for me to step into a wrestling ring. I have a few odd contacts who I can reach out to, maybe call in a few favours from old friends to start me off, but the ability I have, I'm fairly confident in, so just need to get out there and work on it.

So there it is. It won't be for a few months, until I'm happy with my physical look, and I'll have to buy some new ring gear, but I'm genuinely excited about the idea of this. In the long term, who knows what could happen. I'm 30 this year, which in the current climate of pro wrestling is not that bad an age. If I can get my name out there a little bit, it's not out of the question I could get noticed by people and get more opportunities. I know people working for WWE right now (in the UK tournament) so again it's not out of the question. Plus at very worst, I can give this a try and see how it goes. If I don't get anywhere in 2-5 years, I can pack it up and finally retire knowing I've tried my best.

Anyway, random post. Means not a lot to anybody other than me, I just wanted to put this out there into the void of the world, so I can just vent it out.

I'll update when there are updates Smile

[+] 3 users Like OakTree500's post
06-06-2018, 06:17 AM
(06-06-2018 05:58 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Thought this may be best to post here...

...I've officially decided to give pro wrestling one more shot. For those that don't know, I used to be a pro wrestler around the age of 18, through to my early 20's. I never really did get very far, but I took a few bookings here/there, plus travelled over to Germany for some training. After an injury and years of anxiety/depression issues, I go back into it a few years ago for an anniversary match from my old training school (video is in this thread somewhere) before calling it a day due to my fitness/age and so on.

This year I've been training for a 10K run which is in September, and already I'm noticing the difference in my speed/strength/stamina, I've lost a bit of weight and am only in the starting area's of my training for this. As well as this I've re-started a yoga program I've done in the past, to help me limber up, and in another week or so I'll be starting some more intense stretching, which also working on some light weights/body work outs to boast my muscle mass. All of that and I've been hitting a BJJ class for the past few months to help with fighting cardio/strength and all that jazz.

With all that in mind, I thought "holy shit, I'm in the best shape I've been in for some 10+ years, and it's only really going to improve" so the door opens once more for me to step into a wrestling ring. I have a few odd contacts who I can reach out to, maybe call in a few favours from old friends to start me off, but the ability I have, I'm fairly confident in, so just need to get out there and work on it.

So there it is. It won't be for a few months, until I'm happy with my physical look, and I'll have to buy some new ring gear, but I'm genuinely excited about the idea of this. In the long term, who knows what could happen. I'm 30 this year, which in the current climate of pro wrestling is not that bad an age. If I can get my name out there a little bit, it's not out of the question I could get noticed by people and get more opportunities. I know people working for WWE right now (in the UK tournament) so again it's not out of the question. Plus at very worst, I can give this a try and see how it goes. If I don't get anywhere in 2-5 years, I can pack it up and finally retire knowing I've tried my best.

Anyway, random post. Means not a lot to anybody other than me, I just wanted to put this out there into the void of the world, so I can just vent it out.

I can't wait until you beat the Undertaker at Wrestlemania Tongue

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze

[Image: uj9MSSa.gif]
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
06-06-2018, 07:59 AM
(06-06-2018 06:17 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(06-06-2018 05:58 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Thought this may be best to post here...

I can't wait until you beat the Undertaker at Wrestlemania Tongue

Laugh out load I doubt I'd ever even get to WWE in all honesty, but you never know. My trainer was onced signed to their development system, and I have wrestled guys who either work there now or did work there at one point. And my trainer, with his past experience, would have our warm up be done in the WWE try-out fashion, so should that day arise we'd be ready for it. It's never out of the realm of possibility, but I'd be happy just working a small show in my home town before I die haha.

[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
06-06-2018, 08:05 AM
(06-06-2018 07:59 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  
(06-06-2018 06:17 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  I can't wait until you beat the Undertaker at Wrestlemania Tongue

Laugh out load I doubt I'd ever even get to WWE in all honesty, but you never know. My trainer was onced signed to their development system, and I have wrestled guys who either work there now or did work there at one point. And my trainer, with his past experience, would have our warm up be done in the WWE try-out fashion, so should that day arise we'd be ready for it. It's never out of the realm of possibility, but I'd be happy just working a small show in my home town before I die haha.

In all honesty best of luck man! I hope you make it further than you could have ever dreamed of.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze

20-06-2018, 09:02 AM
In sad news, Big Van Vader has passed away Sad

[Image: JITRlhMnlhyXjfk-1600x900-noPad.jpg?1486156731]

He'd not been all that well recently, having to have heart surgery and sadly passed away last night it seems.

One of the best "big man" wrestlers of all time, he would compete in WWE, WCW, New Japan, All Japan and other companies all around the world. During that time he won the WCW World Championship, the IWGP Heavyweight Championship and All Japans Triple Crown. He was the first non-Asian wrestler to hold the IWGP championship back in the late 80's. Also, for a man of near 500lbs, he could pull off a pretty decent moonsault back in the day, which is insane.

Rest easy big man.

20-06-2018, 09:06 AM
(20-06-2018 09:02 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  In sad news, Big Van Vader has passed away Sad

[Image: JITRlhMnlhyXjfk-1600x900-noPad.jpg?1486156731]

He'd not been all that well recently, having to have heart surgery and sadly passed away last night it seems.

One of the best "big man" wrestlers of all time, he would compete in WWE, WCW, New Japan, All Japan and other companies all around the world. During that time he won the WCW World Championship, the IWGP Heavyweight Championship and All Japans Triple Crown. He was the first non-Asian wrestler to hold the IWGP championship back in the late 80's. Also, for a man of near 500lbs, he could pull off a pretty decent moonsault back in the day, which is insane.

Rest easy big man.

It's time, it's time, it's Vader time!

[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post