Pro Wrestling thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-06-2017, 07:15 PM
RE: Pro Wrestling thread
I go through phases where I'll watch but then don't. I interviewed Ivan Koloff years ago. He figured, screw it, he's not in it. He told me about the pre-arranged outcomes, real backstage fights, and so on. Nothing people don't know, really. He was an awesome guy, and his wife was such a nice lady.

I'm also a fan of Lucha Underground. Got into that a while back. Now I fuck around online with some of the wrestlers, like Brian Cage. They're really good guys.

Long ago I would frequent a local league that unfortunately closed shop. We ended up being the ones who would help get the crowd going, start chants, and started "fights" with the heels. One guy and I always had animosity, just to get the crowd to hate him. Afterwards we'd laugh and let little kids know that it was play.

Good times.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
06-06-2017, 07:41 PM
Andre was Boss! Blush

[Image: man_file_1064282_1andrethegiantfacts.jpg]

Thee BAUSS!! Bowing

[+] 3 users Like TheGulegon's post
06-06-2017, 08:20 PM
Everytime I see this thread......should I stop by and post this silliness or should I keep going to the next thread. Mmmmm, nope. I'm a-gonna stop and post my favorite pro wrestlers. Tee-hee.

[Image: mucha350x187.jpg]

There's an episode where The Flea battles with a toilet seat. My kids used to watch that show and I'd watch it with them. Big Grin

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
06-06-2017, 08:44 PM
(06-06-2017 07:41 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Andre was Boss! Blush

Thee BAUSS!! Bowing

He could drink more beer than any person who ever lived.
06-06-2017, 09:00 PM
(06-06-2017 08:44 PM)ImFred Wrote:  
(06-06-2017 07:41 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Andre was Boss! Blush

Thee BAUSS!! Bowing

He could drink more beer than any person who ever lived.

Yessir Shy

I heard a Doctor asked how much he drank when it was time to give him some anesthesia, cuz he'd never had to put anyone that big under. Friend told him something crazy like "a fifth to get a slight buzz". Shocking

That coulda been just legend/folktale stuff told to me by my dad, but lookin at him, I could believe Andre capable of emptying a hot tub of its alcohol! Laugh out load

06-06-2017, 09:12 PM
[Image: Wrestle-War-1989-Ric-Flair-vs-Ricky-Steamboat.jpg]

Maybe the best feud in the history of Pro Wrestling. Ricky Steamboat vs Ric Flair for the NWA World Heavyweight Title.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
07-06-2017, 02:49 AM
(06-06-2017 07:15 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  I go through phases where I'll watch but then don't. I interviewed Ivan Koloff years ago. He figured, screw it, he's not in it. He told me about the pre-arranged outcomes, real backstage fights, and so on. Nothing people don't know, really. He was an awesome guy, and his wife was such a nice lady.

I'm also a fan of Lucha Underground. Got into that a while back. Now I fuck around online with some of the wrestlers, like Brian Cage. They're really good guys.

Long ago I would frequent a local league that unfortunately closed shop. We ended up being the ones who would help get the crowd going, start chants, and started "fights" with the heels. One guy and I always had animosity, just to get the crowd to hate him. Afterwards we'd laugh and let little kids know that it was play.

Good times.

Thats awesome! Lucha Underground is very good. I only got to the end of the first season, as I don't have loads of time to watch everything lol. But from what I've seen it's very good indeed!

(06-06-2017 08:20 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Everytime I see this thread......should I stop by and post this silliness or should I keep going to the next thread. Mmmmm, nope. I'm a-gonna stop and post my favorite pro wrestlers. Tee-hee.

[Image: mucha350x187.jpg]

There's an episode where The Flea battles with a toilet seat. My kids used to watch that show and I'd watch it with them. Big Grin
Have you ever seen "Ultimate Muscle" ? It's an anime about wreslting, and is just insane. Think Dragon Ball Z...but wrestling Laugh out load

(06-06-2017 09:00 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(06-06-2017 08:44 PM)ImFred Wrote:  He could drink more beer than any person who ever lived.

Yessir Shy

I heard a Doctor asked how much he drank when it was time to give him some anesthesia, cuz he'd never had to put anyone that big under. Friend told him something crazy like "a fifth to get a slight buzz". Shocking

That coulda been just legend/folktale stuff told to me by my dad, but lookin at him, I could believe Andre capable of emptying a hot tub of its alcohol! Laugh out load
There are a lot of tales about Andre, aparently he unofficially holds the world record for drinking, which was something nuts like several barrells of beer and X ammout of wine all in one sitting. Guy was the champ!

(06-06-2017 09:12 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
[Image: Wrestle-War-1989-Ric-Flair-vs-Ricky-Steamboat.jpg]

Maybe the best feud in the history of Pro Wrestling. Ricky Steamboat vs Ric Flair for the NWA World Heavyweight Title.

And Steamboat/Flair put on some right classics back in the day. I'm more of a Sting guy myself, but there is no denying the Steamboat matches!

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
I now sell T-Shirts Here! Please Check it out Thumbsup
[+] 2 users Like OakTree500's post
07-06-2017, 12:31 PM
I loved it as a kid in the 80s. Then I stopped watching it, but picked it back up in the late 90s with the Monday Night Wars. At that time I was really into it and watched every WWF and WCW show that came on. I'd watch both Raw and Nitro, then Smackdown and Thunder on Thursday nights, then all the USA and syndicated shows like Shotgun Saturday Night, Jakked/Metal, Heat, and for WCW I'd watch WCW Saturdy Night and I think it was called Worldwide, which came I remember watching on Sunday afternoons.

After watching WCW die and the WWE royally screw up the WCW invasion, I lost interest. I've barely watched since. I've watched highlights and sort of kept up causually reading results and all, but otherwise I'm not really involved in it anymore.
[+] 1 user Likes ResidentEvilFan's post
08-06-2017, 03:04 AM
(07-06-2017 12:31 PM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  I loved it as a kid in the 80s. Then I stopped watching it, but picked it back up in the late 90s with the Monday Night Wars. At that time I was really into it and watched every WWF and WCW show that came on. I'd watch both Raw and Nitro, then Smackdown and Thunder on Thursday nights, then all the USA and syndicated shows like Shotgun Saturday Night, Jakked/Metal, Heat, and for WCW I'd watch WCW Saturdy Night and I think it was called Worldwide, which came I remember watching on Sunday afternoons.

After watching WCW die and the WWE royally screw up the WCW invasion, I lost interest. I've barely watched since. I've watched highlights and sort of kept up causually reading results and all, but otherwise I'm not really involved in it anymore.
Fair enough REF, a fair few fans dropped off post "wars" which is sad really. I got into it as a kid in the 90's, just when the wars were ramping up. It got real popular in my school for like a month, then dropped off and I was one of few people still watching lol. At nearly 30, I'm still on board, as I just like following whats going on.

I was a big WCW guy, watching Nitro/Thunder (they both played on a friday night, back to back, over here in the UK). I didn't have the channels to watch RAW, but could catch Smackdown Metal, Jakked, Superstars on some of the lesser channels. I was in shock when WCW shut down, but just transitioned into WWE. Still watch today, and get together with friends who still watch as well to have little view partys for the PPVs...plus we make a whole weekend out of Wrestlemania Laugh out load

Should you fancy it, Pro Wrestling Guerrilla, Ring of Honor and New Japan Pro Wrestling are high on my list of things to watch. Dragon Gate Pro Wrestling from Japan is also pretty awesome Smile All of those are mainly just solid wrestling from lesser known guys, and they have some quality matches as well Smile

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
I now sell T-Shirts Here! Please Check it out Thumbsup
08-06-2017, 04:15 AM
It is not a sport, it is acting with physical contact. Real wrestling takes place in colleges and the Olympics.

I wish humans would put as much enthusiasm into academics as they do popular culture.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user