Pro Wrestling thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-06-2017, 09:23 AM
RE: Pro Wrestling thread
(08-06-2017 09:04 AM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  
(08-06-2017 03:04 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Fair enough REF, a fair few fans dropped off post "wars" which is sad really. I got into it as a kid in the 90's, just when the wars were ramping up. It got real popular in my school for like a month, then dropped off and I was one of few people still watching lol. At nearly 30, I'm still on board, as I just like following whats going on.

I was a big WCW guy, watching Nitro/Thunder (they both played on a friday night, back to back, over here in the UK). I didn't have the channels to watch RAW, but could catch Smackdown Metal, Jakked, Superstars on some of the lesser channels. I was in shock when WCW shut down, but just transitioned into WWE. Still watch today, and get together with friends who still watch as well to have little view partys for the PPVs...plus we make a whole weekend out of Wrestlemania Laugh out load

Should you fancy it, Pro Wrestling Guerrilla, Ring of Honor and New Japan Pro Wrestling are high on my list of things to watch. Dragon Gate Pro Wrestling from Japan is also pretty awesome Smile All of those are mainly just solid wrestling from lesser known guys, and they have some quality matches as well Smile

I probably would get back into it pretty easily if I started watching Raw again. I really have nothing against it or anything, just one of those things that slipped away.

Of course I do pay attention when wrestlers die, and sadly more and more of the guys I grew up watching are passing. Also for a laugh I visit WrestleCrap every month or so.

If you don't watch it already, Botchamania on youtube is well worth a watch. tends to be monthly highlights of all the crap from wrestling, plus clips from all sorts of companies messing things up as well Smile

"Whatever you say, Stone Cold Steve Austin." - Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-06-2017, 10:04 AM
(08-06-2017 09:23 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  
(08-06-2017 09:04 AM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  I probably would get back into it pretty easily if I started watching Raw again. I really have nothing against it or anything, just one of those things that slipped away.

Of course I do pay attention when wrestlers die, and sadly more and more of the guys I grew up watching are passing. Also for a laugh I visit WrestleCrap every month or so.

If you don't watch it already, Botchamania on youtube is well worth a watch. tends to be monthly highlights of all the crap from wrestling, plus clips from all sorts of companies messing things up as well Smile

I can also recommend WhatCultureWrestling on Youtube. They do pretty concise recaps on their show Ups and Downs and for a more comical WTF Moments which shows the botches and silly stuff. They tend to mostly cover WWE but they do have a show on Fridays that covers everything in Prowrestling called The Fastcount. If that sounds at all interesting give them a go.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
09-06-2017, 12:53 AM
(08-06-2017 04:44 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  
(08-06-2017 04:15 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  It is not a sport, it is acting with physical contact. Real wrestling takes place in colleges and the Olympics.

I wish humans would put as much enthusiasm into academics as they do popular culture.
As mentioned in the OP, I'm well aware it's not a legit sport. It openly classes it's self as "Sports-Entertainment", which is a glorified way of saying it's a very physical soap opera at best. In saying that, you have to be in insane shape to be good at it, and the way in which matches are worked out is also very hard.

Amatuer/Greco-Roman wrestling is also something I've had a go at in my time, and is crazy ridiculous to get good at. An old training fried of mine was on the British Wrestling Team at one point, not sure if he ever made it to the Olympics

Thread was created for "fans" of the fake wrestling Laugh out load

Right. Films are just people pretending to be other people. What's the point of that? Tongue

By the way, I'm super impressed by your pic with AJ! Did he pull a Clash on you right after?

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
09-06-2017, 12:58 AM

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
09-06-2017, 02:44 AM
(09-06-2017 12:53 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  
(08-06-2017 04:44 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  As mentioned in the OP, I'm well aware it's not a legit sport. It openly classes it's self as "Sports-Entertainment", which is a glorified way of saying it's a very physical soap opera at best. In saying that, you have to be in insane shape to be good at it, and the way in which matches are worked out is also very hard.

Amatuer/Greco-Roman wrestling is also something I've had a go at in my time, and is crazy ridiculous to get good at. An old training fried of mine was on the British Wrestling Team at one point, not sure if he ever made it to the Olympics

Thread was created for "fans" of the fake wrestling Laugh out load

Right. Films are just people pretending to be other people. What's the point of that? Tongue

By the way, I'm super impressed by your pic with AJ! Did he pull a Clash on you right after?

LOL, no he did not. It was a show I attended a few years back that he was on, and afterwards did pictures with the fans. He also had the IWGP title with him, which is super prestigious, and he put it on my shoulder...and I nearly melted with excitement lol.

"Whatever you say, Stone Cold Steve Austin." - Rick
26-08-2017, 02:33 AM (This post was last modified: 26-08-2017 02:37 AM by ELK12695.)
Oh. Somebody made this. I guess I don't have a choice now.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
26-08-2017, 11:33 AM
(26-08-2017 02:33 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Oh. Somebody made this. I guess I don't have a choice now.

This is where you should post all those Kevin Nash vids. Tongue

26-08-2017, 11:24 PM
Entrance music rules!

27-08-2017, 02:06 AM
(26-08-2017 11:33 AM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(26-08-2017 02:33 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Oh. Somebody made this. I guess I don't have a choice now.

This is where you should post all those Kevin Nash vids. Tongue

A classic then

[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
27-08-2017, 07:05 AM