Pro Wrestling thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-08-2017, 01:29 PM
RE: Pro Wrestling thread
The reformation of DX in 2006-2007 was a lot of hit and miss. So you'd think a match with them vs the McMahons plus the lumbering Paul Wight/Big Show in the Hell In a Cell format would be complete ass. But it somehow wasn't:

Also one of Vince's very last matches.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
29-08-2017, 02:10 AM
Harking back to a previous post, have you watched any of the Botchamania videos? They are amazingly funny.

Anything involving Shane has been very good.

The Helpful Atheist - An Information Blog
Last updated: 08/11/2017 - Want to contribute, drop me a PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
29-08-2017, 04:15 AM
All Time Favorites -
Shawn Michaels
Eddie Guerrero
Mick Foley
The Undertaker
CM Punk
Active Favorites -
Seth Rollins (Been a fan since he was Tyler Black in ROH)
Samoa Joe (Followed him since ROH as well)
AJ Styles
Sasha Banks
Cesaro
Nakamura is quickly rising to the top as well tho.
[+] 2 users Like MuntyJay's post
29-08-2017, 08:06 PM
I've never been a wrestling fan. But I have a story for you. I was 18 and working at a gas station and back then people had to actually speak to each other and money had to exchange hands---no cards at the pump type stuff. So I had the "back room gang" of rednecks that hung out illegally drinking beer, but honestly it made me feel less vulnerable than being there by myself so...

Anyway. These two guys pull up in an expensive convertible. They approach to pay for the gas and the driver comes on to me with a rather blunt, disgusting line. Feeling protected and empowered by the back room gang, I said angelically "I'm sorry but I don't date guys who comb their hair with buttered toast." The passenger positively howled with laughter and the driver slinked (slunk?) back to his car.

You could hear a pin drop behind me. "WHAT?" I said to the rednecks with their mouths all hanging open and their eyes wide with disbelief. "Do you know who that was?" one finally stammered. "Uh. no. Who?" "That was Blackjack Mulligan." Yeah, even as "not a fan," I still had heard of Blackjack Mulligan.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 5 users Like outtathereligioncloset's post
30-08-2017, 02:14 AM
As a fan, that is AMAZING lol.

[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
30-08-2017, 05:39 AM
I had to click it to see if it was literally about pro wresting or about politics which is another activity where actors take to the stage or ring and one or the other plays the villain so a crowd of morons can get all riled up over a total fiction.

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
11-09-2017, 05:47 AM
OK, so I may have mentioned earlier in the thread, but I used to do a bit of pro-wrestling myself a fair while back. Even came out of "retirement" to do a few last year, although it was only really a 1 time deal.

I'm heavily considering whipping myself back into shape and getting back out on the wrestling scene, mainly as the UK has really grown over the years, and the quality of talent is pretty good. PLUS I know a few guys who have gone onto bigger/better things now, who might be able to put a good word in for me haha.

The only downside is I'm 29 now, so whilst I'm not "old" by any stretch, but hitting 30+, wrestling tends to take a heavy toll on the body, so I'm not sure it's the best idea. I'd have to trim down a little bit, and also pack on a bit of muscle, as well as getting my cardio sorted out...so not an easy task to say the least.

Throwing this out there to see if anybody might have any input/thoughts on this, and if it's a good or very bad idea Laugh out load

17-09-2017, 05:46 PM
R.I.P. Bobby "The Brain" Heenan. 1944-2017.

[Image: DJ9qQJHWsAANyQl.jpg]

One of the all time greatest heel managers and color commentators. A true legend.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
17-09-2017, 06:23 PM
(17-09-2017 05:46 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  R.I.P. Bobby "The Brain" Heenan. 1944-2017.

[Image: DJ9qQJHWsAANyQl.jpg]

One of the all time greatest heel managers and color commentators. A true legend.

Sad news. I never got really into wrestling, but when I did watch as a kid, this was the era I remember. He was good at what he did.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
18-09-2017, 03:47 AM
Heenan was the absolute man for me. Grew up with the guy, and will dearly miss him.

My favourite line of his, as bad guy/heel commentator with Monsoon:

Heenan: "Did you know Hulk Hogans theme song is my second favourite song of all time?"
Monsoon: Really?! What's you favourtire one then?"
Heenan: "...all other songs are tied for first place"
Monsoon: "will you stop!"

Laugh out load

[+] 2 users Like OakTree500's post