Pro tip: When colonizing a country, don't give the natives a treaty.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-09-2012, 04:42 AM
Pro tip: When colonizing a country, don't give the natives a treaty.
Right so the thing that makes we wanna line up a bunch of sweet old grannies and go down the line punching them all in the face.

http://www.3news.co.nz/Treaty-gives-us-t...fault.aspx

Okay allow me to explain this.
A while a go English came to this shit hole country. It was occupied by Maori.

Slowly those pale skinned people with the bad teeth grew in number and shit.
All was jolly.
UNTIL some shit went down, a couple Maori decided that they were not keen on the English and so in a sign of protest chopped down some flagpole.
So the English put up a new one, and again this douche bag put up another.
The cycle continued until shit hit the fan and bullets started flying.

The English, in their infinite wisdom..., was hardly interested in New Zealand (I believe we were actually a state of Australia at this point god forbid.) so decided to make peace. They whipped up a treaty and all the leaders of the Iwi (tribes) signed it in Waitangi, hence 'The Treaty of Waitangi" and hence "Waitangi Day" on the 24th of February.

Anyway, the treaty basically said that the Maori owned their land in the same way English owned land, with property rights and legal forms and all that shit. What this really meant was that Maori could exchange ownership, sell, land. And oh boy did they sell land..! They sold it like their life depended on it. And the English started coming to this shitty island and whatever.

The problem however was in the translation, see the English version says that the English have sovereignty over New Zealand, but the Maori version says the Maori have sovereignty. Or some bullshit like this, I should be better informed it was rammed down our throats at school. So today this mix up in translation (and it was a mix-up, wasn't planned by the English, the English liked the Maori) is causing so much shit and Maori to this day hate English and think all white people should GTFO. Which is why I hate those Maori (not all are like that of course, just the higher-ups, the old, the ones in politics).

So anyway, while this selling shit went on there was also a clause in the treaty that Maori land could be confiscated as compensation for crimes. You can see where this is going. Needless to say a few bad eggs ruined it for all and now today we're finally at the finishing touches of sorting out state owned land that was stolen back in the day being given back to these Iwi whom it was not deserved to be stolen off.

All good and well no problems here, finally at the end of this shit we can finally shred the fucking treaty and school children can perhaps learn some real fucking history rather then NZ bullshit.

But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Just when we thought the end was in sight no more problems...

Maori: "Oh, the treaty says we have ownership of our shit, well we can prove that we have ties to the water and hence we own the water".

... *sigh*

To understand this you need to understand events from last year November.
Last year November was election time. It was the first time I was aloud to vote and boy was it a good interesting election. NZ first getting massive amounts of votes, Greens getting massive amounts of votes and National, OMG, record amount of votes since MMP was introduced at 48% of the party votes. And with ACT (a far right party who only gets like 1 seat) and United Future (central party, pretty much a 1man party who only gets one seat thanks to electoral seats. He's my electorate actually.) they were able to form a government. (Thank god, because a Labor, Green, NZFirst, Mana party coalition would have been HELL. None of those parties agree on anything. At least ACT and UF are pretty much Nationals bitches). And Maori party joined the National coalition.
Just to clarify, Maori party is like central right on economical issues and central left of social issues, they're pretty decent party actually. Mana party is the other Maori party, they're far far left Maori extremest party.
Also, Labor, the other major party, got it's lowest vote percentage in it's 100+ year history at 22%.

Anyway, why was this election s important? Because leading up to this election there was 1 issue and 1 issue only. The partial sale (49%) of the State-Owned power companies (all of them).
Vote Labor and the sales wont go through, vote National and the sales will go ahead.
Now looking at the election results it's pretty clear what the public opinion was.

So anyway. The Maori were up in arms (the extreme Maori, but they are the ones in charge of the Iwi and hence have all the pwoer) about this. They don't want the sale to go through so they put in to the Treaty Tribunal (set up to sort out stolen land claims) that Maori owned the water. In an attempt to stop the sales. (The majority of power comes from hydro).
This in itself made my blood boil. The idea that these sweet potato eating fucks OWNED the water.
Does this mean if my house floods I can send you the bill??
So anyway, surprise surprise, the Maori operated Tribunal declared that Maori do indeed own the water.
What this means is that they can charge power companies for use of the water and so power bills are gonna go up. Plus because of this it is likely that the Government will not receive premium dollar for the shares (they said they're gonna do it anyway. John key (Prime minister) said, "Nobody owns the water" and is still gonna sell the assets. I literally stood up and applauded the TV. That's why you got my vote you Jewish prick.). So basically the Iwi claim they're doing this for the people but they're just limning their own greedy pockets.

So that has recently gotten me up in arms pissed off and hating those brown bastards.
So then the other day I read this...

http://www.3news.co.nz/Treaty-gives-us-t...fault.aspx

Do you see why grannies should be scared right now?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2012, 05:42 AM
RE: Pro tip: When colonizing a country, don't give the natives a treaty.
While reading this I just remembered how a few months back (I think in UK somewhere) one person decided to collect rain and use it for his house. Then the government saw that and they came to his house, told him he has to remove the rain collector and that he has to pay the fine as well. Explanation was: the person was stealing the water from the public water supply. That rain was suppose to go down into earth and eventually end up in public water supply.

As much as this sounds RETARDED AS FUCK (!!!) this only proves that you actually CAN own water. Not just rivers and lakes that go through your land, but the fucking rain as well. RAIN!!

There ears, NZ is not the only country with stupid laws, every country has some shit. For example, Croatia has one of the purest and cleanest waters in the world, we all drink our tap water and it is clean as you can get it. What does my country want to do? They want to privatize the public water supply and sell it to foreigners. Some foreign company. Not only that privatizing WATER will make the prices go way up, but they want to sell it to some huge company that will ruin our water supply for their profit and why should they care about Croatia, when they do not live here? One other thing, water is a STRATEGIC RESOURCE. The most important one, 1000 times more important than oil, electricity or coal.

My opinion is that all strategic resources HAVE to be nationalized, owned and cared for by state. You can not OWN something like water, specially not RAIN. But since we live in a modern economical version of countries, why are you so surprised by this kind of behaviour? I know what I will do if someone tries to take away my clean water from me, the question is what are you gonna do about it?

Evil_monster

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
06-09-2012, 08:02 AM
This is one of the (many) reasons I hate capitalism.

Everything has a price.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 4 users Like bemore's post
06-09-2012, 01:42 PM
(06-09-2012 04:42 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  A while a go English came to this shit hole country . . .

And the English started coming to this shitty island and whatever. . .

This in itself made my blood boil. The idea that these sweet potato eating fucks OWNED the water.

That's why you got my vote you Jewish prick.

So that has recently gotten me up in arms pissed off and hating those brown bastards.

I've been to your "shitty island" quite a few times, and I have close Kiwi friends who live there. It's one of the most beautiful places in the world, with some of the friendliest, warmest people I've ever met. Pity you can't appreciate that.

Apparently you think it would have been better if the Maori had been treated by the English the way Native Americans were treated in North America. Our "Indians" in the U.S. have been decimated, marginalized, and put on reservations. In NZ the Maori are a part of mainstream culture. Sure there will be disagreements--that's what happens in a democracy. A place where there's no political disagreement is called a dictatorship.

I don't know you, but judging solely from this post, you sound like an immature, racist, anti-Semitic jerk.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 5 users Like cufflink's post
06-09-2012, 02:47 PM
Water ownership is always regulated by law in every single country, and a treaty is a treaty, if the English didn't realize they were handing the water to the Maori then that's their fault, now you say the Maori abuse their rights and that possible.

As far as I'm concerned England has a bit of a size complex with their islands and they go around the world claiming things they don't own so I wouldn't be surprised the Maori were right with this one.

And tone down with the racist remarks muff! it looks bad on you Tongue

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 3 users Like nach_in's post
06-09-2012, 03:00 PM
Filox are you sure it was the uk? I've never heard anything like that?
06-09-2012, 03:16 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2012 03:32 PM by N.E.OhioAtheist.)
You lost me with your total racist shit. No wonder the so called brown bastards put it to you. Muff would fit right in at a local KKK meeting.

History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a
free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their
political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their
own purpose. ~ Thomas Jefferson
06-09-2012, 03:37 PM
(06-09-2012 03:00 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Filox are you sure it was the uk? I've never heard anything like that?

Its illegal in some states of the US.... but so far ive not heard anything about prosecutions in the UK..... although water companies do state that when it falls from the sky.... it belongs to them.

They would tax oxygen if they could im sure.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
06-09-2012, 03:57 PM
(06-09-2012 03:37 PM)bemore Wrote:  
(06-09-2012 03:00 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Filox are you sure it was the uk? I've never heard anything like that?

Its illegal in some states of the US.... but so far ive not heard anything about prosecutions in the UK..... although water companies do state that when it falls from the sky.... it belongs to them.

They would tax oxygen if they could im sure.

I've made the comment for years that the only thing people don't have to pay for yet is oxygen..... I plan on some "intelligent" politician changing that--making it a crime not to have money as you'd be stealing the oxygen from the good decent paying people.
06-09-2012, 08:27 PM
Quote:While reading this I just remembered how a few months back (I think in UK somewhere) one person decided to collect rain and use it for his house. Then the government saw that and they came to his house, told him he has to remove the rain collector and that he has to pay the fine as well. Explanation was: the person was stealing the water from the public water supply. That rain was suppose to go down into earth and eventually end up in public water supply.

As much as this sounds RETARDED AS FUCK (!!!) this only proves that you actually CAN own water. Not just rivers and lakes that go through your land, but the fucking rain as well. RAIN!!

There ears, NZ is not the only country with stupid laws, every country has some shit.

Damn that is messed up.

Quote: For example, Croatia has one of the purest and cleanest waters in the world, we all drink our tap water and it is clean as you can get it. What does my country want to do? They want to privatize the public water supply and sell it to foreigners.

Yeah they bottle and sell a lot of water here too. Bet ours is purer then yours. Tongue
The difference however is that bottled water takes away from the water supply so you should be charged for using that water, otherwise it'll disappear.

Hydro damns on the other hand don't, water simply shoots down a pipe, spins a turbine and shoots out the other side.
Like this wind thing, wind simply blows by and spins the wind turbine, doesn't use up the wind, doesn't reduce air supply.

Quote: This is one of the (many) reasons I hate capitalism.

Everything has a price.

Everything always has a price anyway. Man hours for example.

Quote:I've been to your "shitty island" quite a few times, and I have close Kiwi friends who live there. It's one of the most beautiful places in the world, with some of the friendliest, warmest people I've ever met. Pity you can't appreciate that.

Firstly, that jewish one is taken out of context.

And you only visit from time to time. Do you follow NZ politics? Have you been following these treaty claims?
Didn't think so.

Quote:Apparently you think it would have been better if the Maori had been treated by the English the way Native Americans were treated in North America.

Did I say that?
Nope.

Quote:In NZ the Maori are a part of mainstream culture.

Yes they are.
BUT.
They sure as fuck aint equal.
What I mean by that is simply look at schooling right, schoolarships 99% are for Maori. Maori get extra tuition, they get courses paid for them, living costs paid for them, extra help with classes, this that and the other. Basically they get it all handed to them and yet all they seem to do is want more and more and more.

Quote:Sure there will be disagreements--that's what happens in a democracy. A place where there's no political disagreement is called a dictatorship.

48% to 22% is not a disagreement, it's a fucking slaughter.

Quote:I don't know you

No you don't.

Quote:And tone down with the racist remarks muff! it looks bad on you
Quote:You lost me with your total racist shit. No wonder the so called brown bastards put it to you. Muff would fit right in at a local KKK meeting.

Racist?

Did you even read my post or just saw that god forbid I said "sweet potato eating fucks" and started to throw around the racist card?

Because I'm pretty sure there is a bit in there where I said that it's not all Maori, just the Iwi leaders and most of the politicians.
And the white guy sure as fuck aint claiming water so when I say Maori it's a fact that they're claiming the water.

So how about you get off your "moral high horse", read the post for what it is and try posting again.

Quote:And tone down with the racist remarks muff! it looks bad on you

Since when did I ever care about looking good or bad?

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]