Pro tip: When colonizing a country, don't give the natives a treaty.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-09-2012, 08:33 PM
RE: Pro tip: When colonizing a country, don't give the natives a treaty.
(06-09-2012 08:27 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:And tone down with the racist remarks muff! it looks bad on you

Since when did I ever care about looking good or bad?

Yeah, I didn't want to sound moralist or anything, sorry if that wasn't clear enough.
I didn't mean to call you a racist, I don't think you are, I understand you refer to that particualr group, I just thought the REMARKS you made didn't help on making your point.

And about the looking bad or not, I don't know if you care or not, I guess you don't for what you just said, but I tried to mean that it wasn't helping to prove your case... and obviously failed at that attempt Tongue

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2012, 09:06 PM
(06-09-2012 08:27 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Everything always has a price anyway. Man hours for example.

On a technical point, Muffsy, you are confusing "price" with "cost".

There is a "cost" (labour hours, facilities, technology etc.) to service provision but the service provider can charge a "price" relative to their financial model (their status as a cost centre)
e.g. account only (like a government department), cost-recovery (break even) or profit centre (commercial).

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
06-09-2012, 11:46 PM
(06-09-2012 08:27 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:Apparently you think it would have been better if the Maori had been treated by the English the way Native Americans were treated in North America.

Did I say that?
Nope.

Take a look at how you titled your thread. Sure sounds like you're unhappy the Maori were treated better than the Native Americans, with a treaty and all that.

Quote:
Quote:In NZ the Maori are a part of mainstream culture.

Yes they are.
BUT.
They sure as fuck aint equal.
What I mean by that is simply look at schooling right, schoolarships 99% are for Maori. Maori get extra tuition, they get courses paid for them, living costs paid for them, extra help with classes, this that and the other. Basically they get it all handed to them and yet all they seem to do is want more and more and more.

First of all, could we have a source for your 99% statistic? I'd like to see it. Fourteen percent of the population getting 99% of the scholarships sounds just a tad exaggerated. It's not in the Wikipedia article on the Maori that you yourself linked to in your OP. What is there is this:

Quote:Socioeconomic challenges
Māori on average have fewer assets than the rest of the population, and run greater risks of many negative economic and social outcomes. Over 50% of Māori live in areas in the three highest deprivation deciles, compared with 24% of the rest of the population. Although Māori make up only 14% of the population, they make up almost 50% of the prison population.

Māori have higher unemployment-rates than other cultures resident in New Zealand Māori have higher numbers of suicides than non-Māori. "Only 47% of Māori school-leavers finish school with qualifications higher than NCEA Level One; compared to 74% European; 87% Asian."

Māori suffer more health problems, including higher levels of alcohol and drug abuse, smoking and obesity. Less frequent use of healthcare services mean that late diagnosis and treatment intervention lead to higher levels of morbidity and mortality in many manageable conditions, such as cervical cancer, diabetes per head of population than non-Māori. Māori also have considerably lower life-expectancies compared to New Zealanders of European ancestry: Māori males 69.0 years vs. non-Māori males 77.2 years; Māori females 73.2 yrs vs. non-Māori females 81.9 years. Also, a recent study by the New Zealand Family Violence Clearinghouse showed that Māori women and children are more likely to experience domestic violence than any other ethnic group.

In other words, you have a minority population who were there first and are not doing as well as the white majority. So the Maori need more help than the Pakeha. So your government is giving them more help--because they fucking need it more than you do. That basic idea seems pretty sound.

Quote:
Quote:And tone down with the racist remarks muff! it looks bad on you
Quote:You lost me with your total racist shit. No wonder the so called brown bastards put it to you. Muff would fit right in at a local KKK meeting.

Racist?

Did you even read my post or just saw that god forbid I said "sweet potato eating fucks" and started to throw around the racist card?

Because I'm pretty sure there is a bit in there where I said that it's not all Maori, just the Iwi leaders and most of the politicians.

Regarding the racist and anti-Semitic expressions in your OP, you obviously don't understand what those terms mean. You claim your "you Jewish prick" remark was "taken out of context"? Give me a break. If you say that to someone, even if you agree with him, yeah, you're an anti-Semite. And if you refer to a minority group as "those brown bastards" but then say, "Hey, I wasn't talking about all of them, just the bad ones," you're still a damn racist.

If you had at least owned up to your mistakes and apologized instead of lamely trying to defend your bad behavior, you would have earned yourself a little more respect. As it is, I'll stick with my original assessment.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 4 users Like cufflink's post
07-09-2012, 02:15 AM
Quote:Take a look at how you titled your thread. Sure sounds like you're unhappy the Maori were treated better than the Native Americans, with a treaty and all that.

Just answer the question, did I say that?

Quote:First of all, could we have a source for your 99% statistic? I'd like to see it. Fourteen percent of the population getting 99% of the scholarships sounds just a tad exaggerated. It's not in the Wikipedia article on the Maori that you yourself linked to in your OP. What is there is this:

Obviously it's not 99% exactly, there are some out there for females. But it is the majority and as a white male I an entitled to literally zero scholarships. I'd have to be in the top 0.5% academically to qualify for any scholarships. Maori scholarships only requirement is that you're Maori.

Quote:In other words, you have a minority population who were there first and are not doing as well as the white majority. So the Maori need more help than the Pakeha. So your government is giving them more help--because they fucking need it more than you do. That basic idea seems pretty sound.

Need it more then I do?
orly?

Do you know my situation? Do you know my parents situation?
No I didn't think so, so stfu.

Pfft, need it more then I do.. They have fucking Iwi getting huge fucking settlements because of water rights and THEY need it more then I do?
Where's my settlements? Where's my families right to anything? Huh?! Where? You tell me, please point on a map the large area of land or strategic resource that my family owns?!?
Because I can tell you now that if my father owned water rights at least I would be able to afford to go to university, I wouldn't even need to get a job. Iwi take this land, yet Maori like you say make up the majority of criminals, they make up the majoriy of beneficiaries. There's huge amounts of Maori living in South Auckland (the poor part). This is what I mean, who is the water rights benefiting? Because it sure as fuck aint the people that belong to those Iwi. I wouldn't have a problem if this was directly effecting Maori because I know a lot of them are poor, but it doesn't. That's what I'm saying, that's why I am so fucking pissed off by this because it's done by those select powerful few (whom I was talking about in my post if you got off your moral high horse as well and bothered to actually understand what the post was about rather then going down the "don't be racist" route) that are using the Maori culture, the treaty and other Maori things as an excuse to line their own fucking pockets, money that is coming out ours (the NZ tax payers) pockets, including Maori pockets.

So excuse me if I call them brown sweet potato eating cunts but that is exactly what these Iwi leaders are, manipulative pieces of shit whom need to be shot in the fucking head. While they're shooting people they can line up that cunt face from the Mana party and what's his face Peters from NZ first.

Quote:Regarding the racist and anti-Semitic expressions in your OP, you obviously don't understand what those terms mean. You claim your "you Jewish prick" remark was "taken out of context"? Give me a break.

God damn, it was taken out of context in the sense that I like the guy. Like how you'd joke with a friend. "Oh that crazy Jew", doesn't mean you hate jews.
Fucking hell...

Quote:And if you refer to a minority group as "those brown bastards" but then say, "Hey, I wasn't talking about all of them, just the bad ones," you're still a damn racist.

How does that work?
They're brown, they're bastards. Hence, brown bastards.
If they were white they'd be white bastards.

Quote:If you had at least owned up to your mistakes and apologized instead of lamely trying to defend your bad behavior, you would have earned yourself a little more respect.

I haven't made any mistakes, not my fault you're butt-hurt because you think I said this that or the other.
Oh and like I said to Nach, I seriously don't care about looking good or bad. I'm saying it how it is and how I view it, don't like then the doors that way ----->

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
07-09-2012, 03:14 AM
Must be a cultural difference, then. Where I come from, you call people "brown bastards," that's racist. And calling someone, even someone you like, a "Jewish prick," when you bring up "Jewish" totally gratuitously, is a no go. It's not cute, it's not endearing, it's just boorish.

The one thing I shouldn't have said is that the Maori need scholarships more than you do. You're right--I didn't know anything about you or your family, and it was wrong of me to make assumptions about your situation. For that I apologize.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 2 users Like cufflink's post
07-09-2012, 08:13 AM
As much as ears post might sound racist, I kinda appreciate when people say what they mean. You can't always hide behind moral and never say anything that might sound racist, just because it is not OK. Then you are a hypocrite and a real asshole. Yes, people sometimes have something against certain groups of people. You say it is all racism, I say it is a difference in views. Perception people, perception. I read this post, I found some racist statements, but I do not characterize them as racist, I characterize them as angry and normal. It is time for people to start using this "freedom of speech" shit...

As for the rain in UK, I said I was not sure where that was. I am only sure that the story did happen, because I did read about it. Hmmm... Well, the article did happen, as for the story, it probably did as well. Sounds legit.

As for the shitty country you live in ears... You have no idea HOW retarded a country can be. NO IDEA! AT ALL!! Also, there is always a possibility for you to leave that country and never see a Maori in your life. ever again. You can't expect the Maori to leave, right, your people were the once that colonized that shitty island, so now you live with the consequences. And it IS as simple as that. Fuck it, now you are the fucked up party. Someone has to be the fucked up party, this time it's the white man. In some other country it the not-white man.

Peace.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
07-09-2012, 08:36 AM
(06-09-2012 08:27 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Everything always has a price anyway. Man hours for example.
At the very least death is free. Angel

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
07-09-2012, 08:57 AM
(07-09-2012 02:15 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:Take a look at how you titled your thread. Sure sounds like you're unhappy the Maori were treated better than the Native Americans, with a treaty and all that.

Just answer the question, did I say that?

Quote:First of all, could we have a source for your 99% statistic? I'd like to see it. Fourteen percent of the population getting 99% of the scholarships sounds just a tad exaggerated. It's not in the Wikipedia article on the Maori that you yourself linked to in your OP. What is there is this:

Obviously it's not 99% exactly, there are some out there for females. But it is the majority and as a white male I an entitled to literally zero scholarships. I'd have to be in the top 0.5% academically to qualify for any scholarships. Maori scholarships only requirement is that you're Maori.

Quote:In other words, you have a minority population who were there first and are not doing as well as the white majority. So the Maori need more help than the Pakeha. So your government is giving them more help--because they fucking need it more than you do. That basic idea seems pretty sound.

Need it more then I do?
orly?

Do you know my situation? Do you know my parents situation?
No I didn't think so, so stfu.

Pfft, need it more then I do.. They have fucking Iwi getting huge fucking settlements because of water rights and THEY need it more then I do?
Where's my settlements? Where's my families right to anything? Huh?! Where? You tell me, please point on a map the large area of land or strategic resource that my family owns?!?
Because I can tell you now that if my father owned water rights at least I would be able to afford to go to university, I wouldn't even need to get a job. Iwi take this land, yet Maori like you say make up the majority of criminals, they make up the majoriy of beneficiaries. There's huge amounts of Maori living in South Auckland (the poor part). This is what I mean, who is the water rights benefiting? Because it sure as fuck aint the people that belong to those Iwi. I wouldn't have a problem if this was directly effecting Maori because I know a lot of them are poor, but it doesn't. That's what I'm saying, that's why I am so fucking pissed off by this because it's done by those select powerful few (whom I was talking about in my post if you got off your moral high horse as well and bothered to actually understand what the post was about rather then going down the "don't be racist" route) that are using the Maori culture, the treaty and other Maori things as an excuse to line their own fucking pockets, money that is coming out ours (the NZ tax payers) pockets, including Maori pockets.

So excuse me if I call them brown sweet potato eating cunts but that is exactly what these Iwi leaders are, manipulative pieces of shit whom need to be shot in the fucking head. While they're shooting people they can line up that cunt face from the Mana party and what's his face Peters from NZ first.

Quote:Regarding the racist and anti-Semitic expressions in your OP, you obviously don't understand what those terms mean. You claim your "you Jewish prick" remark was "taken out of context"? Give me a break.

God damn, it was taken out of context in the sense that I like the guy. Like how you'd joke with a friend. "Oh that crazy Jew", doesn't mean you hate jews.
Fucking hell...

Quote:And if you refer to a minority group as "those brown bastards" but then say, "Hey, I wasn't talking about all of them, just the bad ones," you're still a damn racist.

How does that work?
They're brown, they're bastards. Hence, brown bastards.
If they were white they'd be white bastards.

Quote:If you had at least owned up to your mistakes and apologized instead of lamely trying to defend your bad behavior, you would have earned yourself a little more respect.

I haven't made any mistakes, not my fault you're butt-hurt because you think I said this that or the other.
Oh and like I said to Nach, I seriously don't care about looking good or bad. I'm saying it how it is and how I view it, don't like then the doors that way ----->

BULLSHIT! he's a racist 100%

History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a
free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their
political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their
own purpose. ~ Thomas Jefferson
07-09-2012, 09:21 AM
Muffs, you're a light-skinned, Kiwi faggot. Drinking Beverage

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
07-09-2012, 09:53 AM
(07-09-2012 08:36 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
At the very least death is free. Angel

Dunno 'bout where you're from but death is taxable in SA, Zim and UK afaik.