Pro tip: When colonizing a country, don't give the natives a treaty.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-09-2012, 09:31 AM
RE: Pro tip: When colonizing a country, don't give the natives a treaty.
(11-09-2012 04:14 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Fair call nigga.

[Image: 134524237281.jpg]

Wink

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
14-09-2012, 04:26 AM
[Image: be-quiet-shhh-shh-shhhh-silence-please-1.gif]

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
14-09-2012, 02:38 PM
So basically NZ is a shithole at the moment?

(06-09-2012 08:02 AM)bemore Wrote:  This is one of the (many) reasons I hate capitalism.

Everything has a price.

Well it's a 92848294839394 times better than communism. I think you are in the wrong country or something.
14-09-2012, 07:45 PM (This post was last modified: 14-09-2012 11:20 PM by GirlyMan.)
Ah ... so this is the thread which resulted in me losing a friend in N.E.OhioAtheist. No wonder Ohio was offended, he's just another "brown bastard". Just fucking juvenile muffinhead. You shouldn't try to be provocative until you've acquired the necessary skills to do it inoffensively, or alternatively learn to offend everyone equally ala TrainWreck. I just don't know what else to say. Other than I miss Ohio.

(06-09-2012 01:42 PM)cufflink Wrote:  Apparently you think it would have been better if the Maori had been treated by the English the way Native Americans were treated in North America. Our "Indians" in the U.S. have been decimated, marginalized, and put on reservations.

That is what he's suggesting. Most Americans are not proud of that. Let me rephrase that, Americans who understand and appreciate the principles this country was founded on are not proud of that.

Fuck. [Image: a57910b0ce28.gif]

[Image: keyboardrage4ov.gif]

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
15-09-2012, 12:34 AM
(14-09-2012 02:38 PM)Magoo Wrote:  So basically NZ is a shithole

Correct!
For the most part and for what I'm looking for in a country.

If you're an old retiree or looking to start/raise a family and have no interest in interesting current events, don't mind high prices for everything, don't mind giving your arm away to fill up your car, don't mind living in wet moldy housing, don't mind living in India, don't mind the only sport ever mentioned being rugby, don't mind constantly being compared to Australia, don't mind the only thing this country cares about is sports and not offending the minorities/immigrants, don't mind the minorities controlling everything actually for that matter, don't mind a low GDP country with next to no investment opportunities, don't mind the fact that you'll soon come to notice that you should have just moved to Australia, don't mind that what you see in Lord of Rings is actually not on your door step but in a mountain range in the south island completely away from any civilization, don't mind dealing with green hippies 24/7, don't mind retard people on TV (Campbell is pretty good), don't mind both (yes, both, as in there are only two) news programs (6 o'clock news) being very leftist and pretty anti-National party, don't mind inefficient everything, don't mind that this "clean green" image that we portray is a filthy lie, don't mind old people, don't mind the lack of everything, don't mind the crappy weather (either too hot or too cold, no inbetween), don't mind the retarded drivers, don't mind the stupid people then I suppose New Zealand isn't all too bad.

Quote:Ah ... so this is the thread which resulted in me losing a friend in N.E.OhioAtheist. No wonder Ohio was offended, he's just another "brown bastard". Just fucking juvenile muffinhead. You shouldn't try to be provocative until you've acquired the necessary skills to do it inoffensively, or alternatively learn to offend everyone equally ala TrainWreck. I just don't know what else to say. Other than I miss Ohio.

Yea you didn't read on did you...

Quote:That is what he's suggesting.

Oh I'm sorry Girlyman, I wasn't aware that you were me? I wasn't aware that you had the power to know exactly what people are thinking. Huh, who knew, I certainly didn't, but why am I telling you that you already knew I didn't know, didn't you.

Quote:Most Americans are not proud of that. Let me rephrase that, Americans who understand and appreciate the principles this country was founded on are not proud of that.

Fuck. [Image: a57910b0ce28.gif]

Yeah.. I'm not suggesting the Maori should have been treated like the Indians at all..
In fact I was under the assumption Native Americans got a treaty? so...

Stop putting words in my mouth, if you truly could read minds then you wouldn't have posted that post because it's a little far off there good sir.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
15-09-2012, 04:17 PM (This post was last modified: 15-09-2012 04:22 PM by GirlyMan.)
(15-09-2012 12:34 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:Ah ... so this is the thread which resulted in me losing a friend in N.E.OhioAtheist. No wonder Ohio was offended, he's just another "brown bastard". Just fucking juvenile muffinhead. You shouldn't try to be provocative until you've acquired the necessary skills to do it inoffensively, or alternatively learn to offend everyone equally ala TrainWreck. I just don't know what else to say. Other than I miss Ohio.

Yea you didn't read on did you...

Actually, I did. But I can understand why that "brown bastard" from NE Ohio didn't.

(15-09-2012 12:34 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:That is what he's suggesting.

Oh I'm sorry Girlyman, I wasn't aware that you were me? I wasn't aware that you had the power to know exactly what people are thinking.

Got no superpowers to know what fuckers are thinking, got no particular skill at even knowing what I'm thinking for that matter, but I got shitloads of skills at interpreting what fuckturds say, little brother. Wink

(15-09-2012 12:34 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Stop putting words in my mouth, if you truly could read minds then you wouldn't have posted that post because it's a little far off there good sir.

Girly don't want to be anywhere fucking close to your mouth. You'd be well advised to not want it either.

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
18-03-2013, 10:08 AM
Quote: If you're an old retiree or looking to start/raise a family and have no interest in interesting current events, don't mind high prices for everything, don't mind giving your arm away to fill up your car, don't mind living in wet moldy housing, don't mind living in India, don't mind the only sport ever mentioned being rugby, don't mind constantly being compared to Australia, don't mind the only thing this country cares about is sports and not offending the minorities/immigrants, don't mind the minorities controlling everything actually for that matter, don't mind a low GDP country with next to no investment opportunities, don't mind the fact that you'll soon come to notice that you should have just moved to Australia, don't mind that what you see in Lord of Rings is actually not on your door step but in a mountain range in the south island completely away from any civilization, don't mind dealing with green hippies 24/7, don't mind retard people on TV (Campbell is pretty good), don't mind both (yes, both, as in there are only two) news programs (6 o'clock news) being very leftist and pretty anti-National party, don't mind inefficient everything, don't mind that this "clean green" image that we portray is a filthy lie, don't mind old people, don't mind the lack of everything, don't mind the crappy weather (either too hot or too cold, no inbetween), don't mind the retarded drivers, don't mind the stupid people then I suppose New Zealand isn't all too bad.
You paint a seriously depressing picture while providing absolutely no evidence for anything you say which is not really in keeping with the name of this website, but I suppose it takes all kinds. Please provide some evidence for your assertions.

I'm a pakeha who got through university on several scholarships (and 2 jobs)that didn't require me to masquerade as either a Maori, a woman or any other kind of minority and I have 2 white male friends who are doing the same thing right now, so either you didn't look hard enough or you are just spouting drivel.

As for your thread title. Do you seriously think that the treaty was just given to the Maori? Especially given Britain's record of colonisation around the world. Britain tried the brutal route and failed.

You fail to mention that the current state of affairs was precipitated by the National Party's foolish policy of selling off national assets, which had been tried before by the National Party when they sold off the rail network with typically disastrous results including the buy back by a subsequent Labour government for a ridiculously low price matched by an equally ridiculously high price for repairing the damage done by years of neglect.

You also fail to mention that the Iwi leaders that you denigrate so viciously are in fact (for the most part, there are a few bad apples) making sure that the monies go towards increasing the living quality of their people and though that may go overboard sometimes it is absolutely a laudable goal.

As for almost all of the things you mentioned in the quoted paragraph above, they are just laughable. It's either an accident of geography or a conscious decision on your part that is the reason for the LoTR not being filmed near where you are. Despite the fact that large chunks of those movies were indeed filmed, in some cases, right in the centre of several cities.

What exactly do any minorities control? My house isn't wet and mouldly, if yours is there is a plethora of products that are able to rectify this problem. Everything is inefficient? Bold statement, care to back it up? If you have to deal with "green hippies" 24/7 perhaps you should just move to another house. Old people? Ever hear of the "Baby Boom"? Name one Western country that doesn't have the same problem. Hell even Japan and China are suffering from the same problem, albeit for slightly different reasons, the one child policy in China and from what I understand the lack of time married couples actually spend together in Japan

Your comment about leftist and anti-National TV coverage smacks of a religious zealot declaring that there is a "War on Christmas" and also shows that you are pretty much unaware of how centrist all the major political parties in NZ are when compared to many other countries.

Though I will admit that I am thoroughly anti-National myself, to the extent that leaving NZ for a life in China became preferable to living in a country run by John Key. China sounds like a perfect country for you, oppression of minorities is kind of the norm here but so are incredibly stupid drivers compared to which NZ drivers are the epitomy of intelligent. But you'd probably love how the media can only extol the virtues of the government, of which there are many if you believe the media.

I will top a previous posters racist comment, which I heartily agree with by calling this thread a post by a whiny little chlld who is upset that he is not getting something for nothing because he perceives that others are doing just that. Added to which is a healthy dose of ignorance not only about the current state of affairs, but also of the history leading up to said state.