Probing Men's Rights

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-08-2014, 08:48 AM
Probing Men's Rights
So many of you seem to think I am an MRA, or hat I should go the reddit and interact with MRAs. So I thought I would take another look at men's rights, maybe they aren't so crazy after all, at least they oppose feminism.

So lets take a look. The third thread is "Boko Haram kidnaps at least 97 boys, Obama silent. Where is the "bring back our boys" campaign?". So I read the title and I'm thinking WTF, your complaining about people not wanting girls barely into puberty married off the Islamist rapists? I click on comments and all it is is whining about privilege. I might as well have just gone to tumblr. Surely this is just an extremist, not all MRA issues are this batshit insane.

Her is another one; "I am a Life-Long Liberal & University Instructor Who Has Finally Had It with Feminism in Higher Education". I don't dispute that feminism is being indoctrinated into people in higher education, this looks good. Oh wait, whats this; "Strange that as a life-long liberal I would turn to George Will for comfort", and then a link to an article calling rape victims privileged. Well at least the rest of what he says is pretty good, except for that festering, gaping bedsore where he agrees that rape victims are lucky. That sort of killed all credibility he might have had.

So what else can I find? I'm not even going to bother. It seems pretty clear that MRA is just SJW for men. So I actually find myself agreeing with feminists on something; MRA is bullshit.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-08-2014, 08:59 AM
RE: Probing Men's Rights
You have seemingly accepted the point that merely having a strong opinion and stating it loudly is not sufficient to establish the truth of the said opinion, so since you're willing to inform yourself about the so called mens' rights movement, have the courtesy to do the same for the womens' rights movement before shooting your mouth off about it.

For example, read the wikipedia article on feminism, inform yourself about what it actually is, and then state your disagreements with it, as you have now done for the MRA crowd. We can then have a reasonable discussion.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
17-08-2014, 09:05 AM
(17-08-2014 08:59 AM)morondog Wrote:  You have seemingly accepted the point that merely having a strong opinion and stating it loudly is not sufficient to establish the truth of the said opinion, so since you're willing to inform yourself about the so called mens' rights movement, have the courtesy to do the same for the womens' rights movement before shooting your mouth off about it.

For example, read the wikipedia article on feminism, inform yourself about what it actually is, and then state your disagreements with it, as you have now done for the MRA crowd. We can then have a reasonable discussion.

In theory I have no problem with feminism. Equal rights for women is something I think everyone should support. I think that what feminists did with suffrage and what they did with getting women out of the kitchen in the 60's was great. But I oppose modern feminism because I see it as an unnecessary movement in the Western world. It is a lot of whining and bullshit and I don't see anything good coming of it.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
17-08-2014, 09:12 AM
(17-08-2014 09:05 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  
(17-08-2014 08:59 AM)morondog Wrote:  You have seemingly accepted the point that merely having a strong opinion and stating it loudly is not sufficient to establish the truth of the said opinion, so since you're willing to inform yourself about the so called mens' rights movement, have the courtesy to do the same for the womens' rights movement before shooting your mouth off about it.

In theory I have no problem with feminism. Equal rights for women is something I think everyone should support. I think that what feminists did with suffrage and what they did with getting women out of the kitchen in the 60's was great. But I oppose modern feminism because I see it as an unnecessary movement in the Western world. It is a lot of whining and bullshit and I don't see anything good coming of it.

OK. Back up this statement. Why do you believe this? Also I literally just said this:
Quote:You have seemingly accepted the point that merely having a strong opinion and stating it loudly is not sufficient to establish the truth of the said opinion.

If you're willing to trawl the depths of MRA sites and forums, surely you can muster the will to read a wikipedia article?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
17-08-2014, 09:18 AM (This post was last modified: 17-08-2014 09:23 AM by EvolutionKills.)
feminist
[fem-uh-nist]
adjective
1. advocating social, political, legal, and economic rights for women equal to those of men.
noun
2. an advocate of such rights.

Feminism = Equality of the Sexes

Anti-Feminism = Sexual Discrimination (Sexism)

If you think that people should not be discriminated against by their gender, that makes you a feminist. If you think it's a-okay, or would encourage sexual discrimination; that's makes you an anti-feminist and a sexist.

So are modern woman still discriminated against because of their sex? All evidence seems to indicate a noticeable and quite statistically measurable disparity that still exists, thus feminism is still needed, because we haven't yet achieved sexual equality.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 7 users Like EvolutionKills's post
17-08-2014, 09:33 AM
(17-08-2014 08:48 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  at least they oppose feminism.

Why do you oppose equality?

Hate the belief, love the believer.
[+] 2 users Like Elder Cunningham's post
17-08-2014, 11:02 AM
Men's rights activist is the social equivalent of the KKK. They are counter to feminism in everything, and take part in such wholesome activities as blaming the victims of sexual assault, telling women if they don't' want unwanted attention they should dress like a nun or be accompanied by a man, and push for men to have greater control over a woman's body during pregnancy. They are also really big on being able to hit woman "if they ask for it", which means provoking a man physically or verbally. Everything I have read from them has been completely repugnant.

But hey, that might be your crowd.
17-08-2014, 11:49 AM
The title of this thread isn't even slightly homoerotic, is it? Probing men right up to what? The nuts?

Hate the belief, love the believer.
[+] 1 user Likes Elder Cunningham's post
17-08-2014, 12:04 PM
I tend to shy away from the feminist label, simply because I believe that there is a better title to be used 'Humanist.'

Feminism describes only one aspect of your social-political beliefs. Its my personal opinion that Humanist describes more.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 2 users Like Atothetheist's post
17-08-2014, 12:32 PM
(17-08-2014 12:04 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  I tend to shy away from the feminist label, simply because I believe that there is a better title to be used 'Humanist.'

Feminism describes only one aspect of your social-political beliefs. Its my personal opinion that Humanist describes more.

[Image: DSPXZ7T.jpg]

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 7 users Like Vosur's post