Probing Men's Rights

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-08-2014, 12:43 PM
RE: Probing Men's Rights
(17-08-2014 12:04 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  I tend to shy away from the feminist label, simply because I believe that there is a better title to be used 'Humanist.'

Feminism describes only one aspect of your social-political beliefs. Its my personal opinion that Humanist describes more.

(17-08-2014 12:32 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(17-08-2014 12:04 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  I tend to shy away from the feminist label, simply because I believe that there is a better title to be used 'Humanist.'

Feminism describes only one aspect of your social-political beliefs. Its my personal opinion that Humanist describes more.

[Image: DSPXZ7T.jpg]

One can easily be both.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
17-08-2014, 12:52 PM
You refuse to see anything other than a dichotomy of feminist and sexist. Equality has been achieved. What MRAs and feminists are complaining about are manufactured controversies that exist only because the movement needs an excuse to continue existing. Sexual objectification, women in video games; none of these are real issues. They really have no effect on anything. Feminists just need to feed their ideology with issues. This isn't to say that there are no women's issues, there are many, but not in the Western world.

Feminists also ignore Islamic misogyny, which is highly misogynistic and hypocritical.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
17-08-2014, 12:56 PM
(17-08-2014 12:52 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  You refuse to see anything other than a dichotomy of feminist and sexist. Equality has been achieved. What MRAs and feminists are complaining about are manufactured controversies that exist only because the movement needs an excuse to continue existing. Sexual objectification, women in video games; none of these are real issues. They really have no effect on anything. Feminists just need to feed their ideology with issues. This isn't to say that there are no women's issues, there are many, but not in the Western world.

Feminists also ignore Islamic misogyny, which is highly misogynistic and hypocritical.

In the wikipedia article feminism and Iran are explicitly mentioned. Why are you continuing to parrot bullshit when you've already been pointed to a reasonable source as a starting point for understanding what feminism actually is?

Second, see bolded, who made you the judge of whether or not these issues are real?

0/10 bad troll.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
17-08-2014, 01:04 PM
(17-08-2014 12:56 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(17-08-2014 12:52 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  You refuse to see anything other than a dichotomy of feminist and sexist. Equality has been achieved. What MRAs and feminists are complaining about are manufactured controversies that exist only because the movement needs an excuse to continue existing. Sexual objectification, women in video games; none of these are real issues. They really have no effect on anything. Feminists just need to feed their ideology with issues. This isn't to say that there are no women's issues, there are many, but not in the Western world.

In the wikipedia article feminism and Iran are explicitly mentioned. Why are you continuing to parrot bullshit when you've already been pointed to a reasonable source as a starting point for understanding what feminism actually is?

Second, see bolded, who made you the judge of whether or not these issues are real?

0/10 bad troll.

If Western feminists were all about freeing Iranian women I would have some sympathy for them, but Western feminists don't care. I'm not interested in the theoretical definition of feminism. I'm talking about the feminism that is being practiced here in the Western world.

And I'm allowed to have an opinion about which issues matter. I don't know, I guess I think rape gangs and honor killing are more dangerous to women than the bikini girl form GTAV. Just my opinion I guess.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
17-08-2014, 01:24 PM
(17-08-2014 12:52 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  Equality has been achieved.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tag/women-...-than-men/
The fuck it has.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 5 users Like Bucky Ball's post
17-08-2014, 01:34 PM
(17-08-2014 01:04 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  
(17-08-2014 12:56 PM)morondog Wrote:  In the wikipedia article feminism and Iran are explicitly mentioned. Why are you continuing to parrot bullshit when you've already been pointed to a reasonable source as a starting point for understanding what feminism actually is?

0/10 bad troll.

If Western feminists were all about freeing Iranian women I would have some sympathy for them, but Western feminists don't care. I'm not interested in the theoretical definition of feminism. I'm talking about the feminism that is being practiced here in the Western world.

And I'm allowed to have an opinion about which issues matter. I don't know, I guess I think rape gangs and honor killing are more dangerous to women than the bikini girl form GTAV. Just my opinion I guess.

Yawn. Ya know, just carry on frothing Jim. You don't fucking *know* what Western feminism (edit: or any other feminism) is about 'cos you haven't bothered to find out. You dare to call the MRA crowd a bunch of idiots, but you're on exactly the same wavelength when it comes to justifying your bullshit.

Idiot calling other idiots idiots... Consider It does have a pleasing symmetry...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
17-08-2014, 01:34 PM
(17-08-2014 01:24 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(17-08-2014 12:52 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  Equality has been achieved.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tag/women-...-than-men/
The fuck it has.

And let's not even get into healthcare.

Hate the belief, love the believer.
[+] 2 users Like Elder Cunningham's post
17-08-2014, 01:51 PM
(17-08-2014 12:43 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

(17-08-2014 12:32 PM)Vosur Wrote:  [Image: DSPXZ7T.jpg]

One can easily be both.

That's true, but Humanist covers pretty much all my beliefs about equality, so the word feminist isn't really needed.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 2 users Like Atothetheist's post
17-08-2014, 01:53 PM
Read this and tell me women have equality:

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/201...e-bear-her

Hate the belief, love the believer.
[+] 2 users Like Elder Cunningham's post
17-08-2014, 09:55 PM
(17-08-2014 12:32 PM)Vosur Wrote:  

[Image: DSPXZ7T.jpg]

Vosur, feminism is sexual equality. So why aren't the bands representing men, gays, straight, bisexual, and transgender people on the arm representing feminism? Because that image is a poor caricature and misrepresentation of what feminism is, although it is an accurate portrayal of how feminism is marginalized.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 5 users Like EvolutionKills's post