Problem Solving Problems

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-05-2015, 07:39 AM
Problem Solving Problems
I'm sure I'll be called cynical for this - but I prefer realistic....

I suppose it's social conditioning --- or maybe it's too much TV -- but I find it rather childish the attitude I see in some people - that "Every problem has a solution"....

I disagree.

Suppose you fall off a 50 story building.

You need a plan.

You come up with a plan, and implement it.

You sail past the 25th floor and say to yourself -- "Hey -- I'm still OK -- my plan must be working"....... "Stay the course".... (only a Bush could come up with a braindead pronouncement like that).

Sometimes - regardless of all your efforts --- shit just isn't going to work out.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-05-2015, 09:22 AM
RE: Problem Solving Problems
Every problem does have a solution. But not every solution is feasible, cost effective or adequately timely. Often a solution will only be possible in the future, after new technologies and new knowledge draw it into feasibility.

But the biggest problem with solutions is that most of the time the solution does indeed rectify the problem, but in so doing causes two new problems. Sometimes three. The only way to solve that problem is to find a way to live with the first one. Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Airportkid's post