Problem of evil....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-11-2016, 08:59 PM
Problem of evil....
When talkiing about the problem of evil....people use different excuses to explain why God allows suffering.....especially natural disasters.....isnt that bad/twisted/horrible logic or what???
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-11-2016, 09:18 PM
RE: Problem of evil....
Yes--it's twisted. I remember all of God's "reasons" for from my religious days.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
30-11-2016, 03:54 PM
RE: Problem of evil....
Yes, the bible offers a few different explanations for evil/suffering, all of them terrible, that's why it's a "problem".

In Genesis- it's our fault, in fact it doesn't even matter that YOU had nothing to do with the apple incident, everyone will suffer because of the act of two people. Facepalm

In Job- There is no reason for suffering, you don't question god, and if you do, he won't tell you the real reason anyway. (Bet with Lucifer) Facepalm

In the books in the bible after the Babylonian exile- it's because we sin that's why you, and the entire nation suffer, it's still your/everyone's fault. This is why luminaries such as Pat Robertson says hurricanes are god's punishment for gays, abortion, etc. Facepalm

In the New Testament- God sends Jesus to fix it all! Except you still die, people still suffer, diseases and hunger ravage the population. Oh but, salvation is only given to those that accept it, but Christians still die, still suffer, so you'll only get evidence of any of this after you die. Facepalm

I was just watching a Bart Ehrman discussion on this very subject:

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition