Problem with my room and my mom

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-07-2017, 04:13 AM
Problem with my room and my mom
Hi again as I said in other thread my mom believe in a saint and she say that this saint protects our family and especially me (for some uknown reason) and she content in my room images of this saint. I want to reject those images of my room because they don't express me anymore and I don't like to see images in my room. I said to my mom that I want to reject those images of my room and she said that she don't wnt to reject them because I love her and this saint protects me. My sister's room and her room didn't content in with so many images only mine. What should I do? What did you do if you were in my position?

Sorry about my English I am Greek
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes no_reason's post
10-07-2017, 04:36 AM
RE: Problem with my room and my mom
A few solutions spring to mind ... but most would end up in confrontation / a battle of wills with your mother.

Given that she is OK with worshiping idols (so much for the 2nd Commandment) perhaps you could ask to choose your own idols.

Maybe, Saint Bernard or Saint Jerome...

[Image: wonkette-bernie-sanders-bernie-of-assisi.png]

[Image: 4144118]

Other than that, I think you might have to learn to live with it while she is keeping a roof over your head. I mean, it's technically her room after all.

Hug

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
10-07-2017, 04:45 AM
You take these images, put them in a box, and then set them on fire.

Tell her if she wants her images, to keep them to herself, as it's pissing you off.

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
10-07-2017, 05:09 AM
G'day Michael...

As a 24-year-old, you (obviously) should be considered an adult by your mum, and treated as such. She should be respecting your opinions, and trusting that at your age you have your own set of philosophies, ethics and morals, and life beliefs. I know that—as a "believer"—she's pre-conditioned to impress her religious views upon a son she loves dearly, in the (mistaken) belief that she's doing the right thing.

I do understand that as you're someone living under her roof, she has the inherent "right" to expect you to comply with her house rules. Personally, I tend to disagree with this sort of reasoning, as it can sometimes result in emotional blackmail—which may be occurring in your case?

I'm also not sure why your mum apparently spends so much time in your bedroom? After all, she needs to acknowledge, and respect, that it is your personal space, and you should be able to treat it as that—within reason of course. What posters you choose to hang on your walls should ideally be yours, and yours alone.

—And by the way, your English is far, far better than my Greek!

με εκτίμηση Smile

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
10-07-2017, 06:43 AM
Get a felt marker, and put little Hitler moustaches on the idols...

When mom complains, claim it's a ' stash stigmata,........

That's no goofier than any other religious nonsense....

Tongue

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
10-07-2017, 06:54 AM
If I was in your situation, I would do my best to work hard, get an education, and get myself out of there and into my own apartment. Your mom may feel that she can do what she wants (even if you are 24) as you are living under her roof.

The only other thing I should suggest is to talk to her about it--and ask if you could get rid of them. I don't think she's going to go for that though because religious beliefs run deep. So, unfortunately, if you're going to be living at home, I think you're going to have to deal with it. You could also say you had a dream about the saint and he told you he'd be happier living in a drawer Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
10-07-2017, 07:12 AM
Work on moving out....

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
10-07-2017, 07:16 AM
Yes but my mom unfortunately is overprotected and she see me as a child and she don't let me to reject them she also has depression and other issues and if I reject the images I am afraid that she will become worse
10-07-2017, 08:06 AM
Sometimes you need to let other peoples problems be their problems and not allow them to weigh you down.
12-07-2017, 03:05 AM
(10-07-2017 07:16 AM)no_reason Wrote:  Yes but my mom unfortunately is overprotected and she see me as a child and she don't let me to reject them she also has depression and other issues and if I reject the images I am afraid that she will become worse

I am with Ohio on this one. What I would recommend is sitting down with her and telling her as politely as possible that she needs to stop treating you like a child. She's your mom you love her (I assume) you will always be her offspring, but you are not a child and she needs to respect that. She may disagree with you just as you may disagree with her, but there needs to be respect on both sides if there is going to be any kind of relationship.

If you don't feel like you can sit down and talk to her (or even if you do) you may want to start by writing it all out in a letter and having someone look it over. The goal is to say what you need to say while letting her know you love and respect her (again I am making an assumption) and that you need her to do the same by letting you be you even if she disagrees. You don't want it to come across as an attack. Maybe start the conversation by reading the letter out loud to her so you are presenting coherent organized thoughts.
[+] 1 user Likes BlkFnx's post