Problems?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-01-2012, 01:29 PM
Problems?
Has anyone else been having problems when browsing the forum. I was unable to access the forum between 6 to 6.40 today

I have also received a pop up saying "A user name and password are being requested by ht t p : //www(dot)techenclave(dot)com. The site says: "TechEnclave"
When browsing the new rulership for SCOFFING BOURGEOIS ATHEIST PIGLETS! thread. my browser also almost slows to a stop (only in that thread so far)
screen shot of the message

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2012, 01:36 PM
RE: Problems?
(09-01-2012 01:29 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Has anyone else been having problems when browsing the forum. I was unable to access the forum between 6 to 6.40 today

I have also received a pop up saying "A user name and password are being requested by ht t p : //www(dot)techenclave(dot)com. The site says: "TechEnclave"
When browsing the new rulership for SCOFFING BOURGEOIS ATHEIST PIGLETS! thread. my browser also almost slows to a stop (only in that thread so far)
screen shot of the message

I had similar problems from 19:00UTC to 19:20UTC.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-01-2012, 01:37 PM
I think there might have been a DDoS attack. That's my early guess.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
09-01-2012, 01:38 PM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2012 01:38 PM by FSM_scot.)
(09-01-2012 01:36 PM)Chas Wrote:  I had similar problems from 19:00UTC to 19:20UTC.

Have you had any pop ups asking for login details?
(09-01-2012 01:37 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I think there might have been a DDoS attack. That's my early guess.

Thats exactly what i thought when i couldnt get on. Abdelz strikes back Tongue

09-01-2012, 01:59 PM
I've had similar issues this morning though from mobile as I haven't been home all day.
I did have a log in request but that is common when using my mobile browser.
Be wary of any changes made by me I guess.
I've sent a pm to Deep in he hopes that he can tell if it was random Internet bullshit or if it may have been something more serious.
If it is something more serious I think we can all pretty much figure out who was behind it.
It was probably nothing though.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-01-2012, 02:02 PM
I had trouble getting on as well, but it seems to be fine now.

Evolve
09-01-2012, 02:03 PM
(09-01-2012 01:59 PM)lucradis Wrote:  I've had similar issues this morning though from mobile as I haven't been home all day.
I did have a log in request but that is common when using my mobile browser.
Be wary of any changes made by me I guess.
I've sent a pm to Deep in he hopes that he can tell if it was random Internet bullshit or if it may have been something more serious.
If it is something more serious I think we can all pretty much figure out who was behind it.
It was probably nothing though.

Ive been browsing a while since i posted this thread and the new rulership for SCOFFING BOURGEOIS ATHEIST PIGLETS! thread seems to be the only one where i get that pop up. Ive done a virus scan and my end seems to be clear.

If it turns out that we indeed had a DDoS attack, it may be worth checking to see if anything is out of place.

09-01-2012, 02:10 PM
(09-01-2012 01:59 PM)lucradis Wrote:  If it is something more serious I think we can all pretty much figure out who was behind it.
[Image: img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=20192886]

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
[+] 1 user Likes Observer's post
09-01-2012, 02:13 PM
JIHAD!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
10-01-2012, 11:58 PM
(09-01-2012 01:29 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  I have also received a pop up saying "A user name and password are being requested by ht t p : //www(dot)techenclave(dot)com. The site says: "TechEnclave"
It could be that one of the images in that thread are hosted on that server and some of those images are now in a protected directory. (a .htaccess file to require authentication before it downloads.)

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss