Proceating Evil

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-02-2014, 11:56 AM
Proceating Evil
Hell everyone! Loooove these conversations. I have a question.

How can loving atheists unhypocritically bring children into an evil world?

Ive heard it said that an omniscient loving god wouldnt allow for evil. yet these same people reproduce kids knowing theyll experience evil, eg die.

Thank you for any input.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-02-2014, 12:00 PM
RE: Proceating Evil
(15-02-2014 11:56 AM)pairunoyd Wrote:  Hell everyone! Loooove these conversations. I have a question.

Ive heard it said that an omniscient loving god wouldnt allow for evil. yet these same people reproduce kids knowing theyll experience evil, eg die.

Thank you for any input.

The world is not evil. It is merely indifferent. I can flip the question and ask how someone that believes in a despotic malevolent God who would cast their children into a pit of fire and suffering for all eternity could bring a child into such a world as they immagine.

When you remove a Prime mover from the equation you don't need to assign motivation to things like weather patterns. Add to that the simple fact that procreation is the single greatest drive in evolution and your inane question becomes even dumber.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
15-02-2014, 12:04 PM
Who says the world itself is evil? There is evil in the world, but the world itself isn't evil.
15-02-2014, 12:06 PM (This post was last modified: 15-02-2014 12:11 PM by donotwant.)
Because my children will do much better job at making world a better place then children of religious cunts who will keep making children without my permission. We have to exist make world better so that people(and they will be born without our permission) will not suffer and be happy. There I said.
15-02-2014, 12:19 PM
(15-02-2014 11:56 AM)pairunoyd Wrote:  Hell everyone! Loooove these conversations. I have a question.

Thank you for any input.

How can loving THEISTS bring children into a fallen, sinful, and evil world full of disease, hate, and suffering?

Your questions strike me as just stupid - just sayin.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
15-02-2014, 12:20 PM
(15-02-2014 12:19 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  

Thank you for any input.

How can loving THEISTS bring children into a fallen, sinful, and evil world full of disease, hate, and suffering?

Your questions strike me as just stupid - just sayin.

Don't forget that atheists bring children into the world where they will ultimately die while theists bring children into the world who can then get tortured AFTER they die for ETERNITY. How fucked up is that?
15-02-2014, 12:22 PM
(15-02-2014 12:00 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  The world is not evil. It is merely indifferent. I can flip the question and ask how someone that believes in a despotic malevolent God who would cast their children into a pit of fire and suffering for all eternity could bring a child into such a world as they immagine.

When you remove a Prime mover from the equation you don't need to assign motivation to things like weather patterns. Add to that the simple fact that procreation is the single greatest drive in evolution and your inane question becomes even dumber.

Are you indifferent? how could there be an indifferent evolutionary drive to reproduce for an indifferent world? Are you assigning motives to indifference? What do you mean by indifferent?
15-02-2014, 12:34 PM
You can question whether or not their god is good, but if they think that he is good and he says to procreate then it would make sense for them to do so. Its consistent.

But many atheists that proclaim that the world is too evil for a good god to exist nonetheless procreate children that they claim to love.

As an aside, i dont believe in eternal torture, but i cant defend that because i dont know enough on the topic. Ive read some debates on it and im persuaded to believe it doesnt exist. Im just considering this specific, as i see it, inconsistency by some atheists.
15-02-2014, 12:35 PM
(15-02-2014 12:22 PM)pairunoyd Wrote:  
(15-02-2014 12:00 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  The world is not evil. It is merely indifferent. I can flip the question and ask how someone that believes in a despotic malevolent God who would cast their children into a pit of fire and suffering for all eternity could bring a child into such a world as they immagine.

Are you indifferent? how could there be an indifferent evolutionary drive to reproduce for an indifferent world? Are you assigning motives to indifference? What do you mean by indifferent?

I mean nature/the universe/reality does not single us out one way or the other. It is indifferent to us we have adapted to fit it not the other way round.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
15-02-2014, 12:38 PM (This post was last modified: 15-02-2014 12:41 PM by donotwant.)
My position is perfectly consistent. It's a fact that happy lives exist. It's a fact that world can be improved.
And world will be worse and people will suffer more if there is nobody to improve it.
So basically world with me and my children in it is better then the world without me and my children in it.
And I will do my best to give my children best life I can give.