Procrastination

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-06-2017, 02:28 PM
RE: Procrastination
(23-06-2017 01:27 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  It's even worse when your indecisive AND a procrastinator. Then you can't decide which thing you want to put off doing.

What happens to me is probably odd. I don't plan on doing stuff I just start on some small item and then one thing leads to another and it has a snow ball effect.

For 15 years I've wanted to remove the popcorn ceiling from the dining area (hate that stuff) so about a month ago I was fixing the bottom part of the cabinet under the sink where we pull the garbage can in and out. The bottom ridge is all worn down from the bottom of the garbage can hitting it. Anyway, I finally fixed it! Then I looked up at that ceiling and for some reason I knew then and there that I was going to tackle that popcorn. So I did that too. Then I looked at the crappy cabinets and fixed them too. I sanded them and painted them and put on new hinges. I'm still in the fixing mood. I don't know what's next but whatever it is it's getting fixed. Angry

Yep, that's what happens once you are on a roll.

I am a master procrastinator, some things I procrastinated decades ago long became obsolete. Smile

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-06-2017, 02:45 PM
(23-06-2017 11:05 AM)ImFred Wrote:  Wash my clothes. Shave. Get a haircut. Clip my nails.

Are you the Dude ?

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Sturm's post
23-06-2017, 02:50 PM
I wish.
23-06-2017, 04:58 PM
(23-06-2017 01:27 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  For 15 years I've wanted to remove the popcorn ceiling from the dining area (hate that stuff) so about a month ago I was fixing the bottom part of the cabinet under the sink where we pull the garbage can in and out. The bottom ridge is all worn down from the bottom of the garbage can hitting it. Anyway, I finally fixed it! Then I looked up at that ceiling and for some reason I knew then and there that I was going to tackle that popcorn. So I did that too. Then I looked at the crappy cabinets and fixed them too. I sanded them and painted them and put on new hinges. I'm still in the fixing mood. I don't know what's next but whatever it is it's getting fixed. Angry

I'm revoking your procrastinator's license... soon.

Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off indefinitely.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
23-06-2017, 05:19 PM
I was going to read this thread but I'm procrastinating Wink Tongue
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
23-06-2017, 05:20 PM
[Image: image.png]

[+] 3 users Like TheGulegon's post
23-06-2017, 05:26 PM
[Image: da88b0e226a78e0e781a916f5c490db7.jpg]

[Image: scarlet-ohara.jpg?w=870&h=516]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
23-06-2017, 05:47 PM
(23-06-2017 11:05 AM)ImFred Wrote:  There's other shit I should be doing right now but instead I'm distracting myself by making this thread. Change the oil. Go shopping. Do the dishes. Look for a new job (I have one but hate it). Brush my teeth. Pay my bills. Put air in the tires. Fix the sprayer on my sink. Change a light bulb. Change the AC filter. Put another screw in the door hinge so the door doesn't stick. Put wiper fluid in the damn thing. Wash my clothes. Shave. Get a haircut. Clip my nails. Call my mom. The only things I don't put off are reading, listening to music and podcasts, and taking naps. Next thing I know another decade snuck up and passed me by. It adds up. I'm not sure if I even fucking care though. I know people who stay busy and a lot of them are miserable. But boy are their fridges clean. I don't think I've ever cleaned a fridge.

Well like my mother always said if you have a lot to do today best get the nap out of the way first!
[+] 1 user Likes Born Again Pagan's post
23-06-2017, 08:11 PM
Okay, I found something to procrastinate on. Walked right over a bunch of old tiles in the hallway that need to be taken off to make way for new flooring, went "Meh," and decided instead to spend some quality time with some tennis balls, trying to figure out how juggling works. Also successfully avoided wiping down the stove or planting the envelope of parsley seeds that's been lurking in the kitchen for a couple of months.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post