Procrastinationitisphobia

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-01-2014, 03:55 PM
Thumbs Up Procrastinationitisphobia
I have a 6 page term paper due by next Tuesday, and I know that's basically a baby paper compared to college papers, but... I just feel so lazy. This week is the week to turn in the paper for extra credit points. I have the two page intro written, but maaaaan...... my motivation to even touch this thing is just gone.

I don't even think it existed. Sad

To add to it, the week after next I have a power point and essay project to present in my government class on something current, and I haven't an idea of what I'm going to do it on.

I just want to watch Netflix and eat microwavable noodles and hide from the sunlight for the rest of my life. Weeping

why the fuck is the little mac amiibo $500 god damn dollars on Amazon when he is an absolute prick and bottom tier as fuck.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-01-2014, 02:23 PM
RE: Procrastinationitisphobia
My father has a good saying:
"If you don't want to do something, get it done quickly."
26-01-2014, 11:21 PM
Admins, please block his account for a few days so he has one less distraction.

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
[+] 2 users Like Caveman's post
26-01-2014, 11:24 PM
You're an atheist and you can't think of something for your government class power point? For shame. Smile

How about the Satanists in Oklahoma? How about the idiot who wants to ban ALL marriages instead of allowing gay marriage?

Check out my atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
26-01-2014, 11:27 PM
(26-01-2014 11:24 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  You're an atheist and you can't think of something for your government class power point? For shame. Smile

How about the Satanists in Oklahoma? How about the idiot who wants to ban ALL marriages instead of allowing gay marriage?

I like this, do the satanist one! That would be great Evil_monster

Religion is the frozen thought of man out of which they build temples.
~Jiddu Krishnamurti
[+] 3 users Like Im_Ryan's post
27-01-2014, 07:20 AM
My strategy at uni was to do enough of each assignment on the day it is issued to get a good feeling for how lon the thing will take. After that I could have a few days off if I felt like it wasn't that much work to do.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
27-01-2014, 08:59 AM
I failed an important exam recently and still had work to do. So no shit, I installed the StayFocusd extension for Chrome. I use Torch, btw. (thanks to the built-in video downloading capability)

And I must say, it really IS oppressive. Just the right amount of oppression I need. I toned it down a lot, because my study isn't regular, I only use the "Nuclear" option, that is, block the chosen sites for a chosen # of hours ahead - mostly Facebook and TTA.

I suppose my mom destroyed my will to do anything for myself, so I need the software mommy app. Scaring works, but I wonder if there is some kind of personality-reconstructing therapy that makes us self-motivated again after a lifetime of being bullied into work by our parents.

Anyway, wish me luck. I've got to pass that exam. I've got enough credits, but I think there might be some follow-up subject in the next semester that I possibly couldn't take, I'll ask the secretary. I'll be scared anyway so it's better to be scared with evidence... I mean, motivated by evidence.

If you claim there are nuances to principles, there are no nuances to getting arrested or shot for disobeying the power.
The Venus Project
FreeDomain Radio - The greatest philosophy show on the web!
27-01-2014, 09:21 AM
(27-01-2014 08:59 AM)Luminon Wrote:  I failed an important exam recently and still had work to do. So no shit, I installed the StayFocusd extension for Chrome. I use Torch, btw. (thanks to the built-in video downloading capability)

And I must say, it really IS oppressive. Just the right amount of oppression I need. I toned it down a lot, because my study isn't regular, I only use the "Nuclear" option, that is, block the chosen sites for a chosen # of hours ahead - mostly Facebook and TTA.

I suppose my mom destroyed my will to do anything for myself, so I need the software mommy app. Scaring works, but I wonder if there is some kind of personality-reconstructing therapy that makes us self-motivated again after a lifetime of being bullied into work by our parents.

Anyway, wish me luck. I've got to pass that exam. I've got enough credits, but I think there might be some follow-up subject in the next semester that I possibly couldn't take, I'll ask the secretary. I'll be scared anyway so it's better to be scared with evidence... I mean, motivated by evidence.

Software mommy app? Laugh out load Laugh out load Laugh out load

...but seriously though, I need it too Confused

Religion is the frozen thought of man out of which they build temples.
~Jiddu Krishnamurti
27-01-2014, 10:22 AM
(26-01-2014 11:21 PM)Caveman Wrote:  Admins, please block his account for a few days so he has one less distraction.

I know I am not supposed to be here but....psst...Ferdi isn't a he. Tongue

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
27-01-2014, 12:59 PM
(27-01-2014 10:22 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(26-01-2014 11:21 PM)Caveman Wrote:  Admins, please block his account for a few days so he has one less distraction.

I know I am not supposed to be here but....psst...Ferdi isn't a he. Tongue

Lol.

Hey Ferdy, how YOU doin'?

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.