Prodigal

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-04-2013, 04:17 PM
Prodigal
I have a problem with kidney stones. The doctors have recommended a diet and they have prescribed percocet for the pain. Someone keeps stealing my percocet. I'm pretty sure I know who.

I can get the percocet prescription refilled but that will give my doctor the idea that I'm having an attack per month when I have not had an attack in over a year. If I tell her the truth then she will have to tell the cops and I don't want that. My other option is to just endure the pain if and when I have another attack. These attacks hurt like hell, even with the percocet, so the thought of that is not pleasant.

I keep the percocet in a safe. Today I noticed that the bottle is near empty. By my records 38 tablets are missing. The safe has a key. Somehow he got the key. I'm told that around here the street value of percocet is $20/tablet. I'm pretty sure he's selling them, not taking them himself.

There are three possible culprits, but most of the evidence points to my grandson, whom I love dearly.

My grandson is chronically unemployed. He can't seem to hold down a job. He doesn't seem to have what it takes for college. If it were not for me he would be on the streets. In fact, we have kicked him out, told him that we could not abide his theft. But that only lasted until the cold weather hit, then I went and got him off the streets and killed the fatted calf.

He seems to have reformed. He's earning his keep by doing odd jobs for us. But money has been tight this last month and when he came to me with his hand out I told him I had no money (the truth). That may have motivated his theft. I have not told his grandmother because she will kick him out and I don't want that. I'm at my wit's end.

Even if God and Jesus existed and I could live forever just by believing in them, I'm not so sure that eternal hellfire would be worse than having the omnipotent psychopath and his bastard kid looking over me for all eternity.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-04-2013, 05:30 PM
RE: Prodigal
(21-04-2013 04:17 PM)f stop Wrote:  I have a problem with kidney stones. The doctors have recommended a diet and they have prescribed percocet for the pain. Someone keeps stealing my percocet. I'm pretty sure I know who.

I can get the percocet prescription refilled but that will give my doctor the idea that I'm having an attack per month when I have not had an attack in over a year. If I tell her the truth then she will have to tell the cops and I don't want that. My other option is to just endure the pain if and when I have another attack. These attacks hurt like hell, even with the percocet, so the thought of that is not pleasant.

I keep the percocet in a safe. Today I noticed that the bottle is near empty. By my records 38 tablets are missing. The safe has a key. Somehow he got the key. I'm told that around here the street value of percocet is $20/tablet. I'm pretty sure he's selling them, not taking them himself.

There are three possible culprits, but most of the evidence points to my grandson, whom I love dearly.

My grandson is chronically unemployed. He can't seem to hold down a job. He doesn't seem to have what it takes for college. If it were not for me he would be on the streets. In fact, we have kicked him out, told him that we could not abide his theft. But that only lasted until the cold weather hit, then I went and got him off the streets and killed the fatted calf.

He seems to have reformed. He's earning his keep by doing odd jobs for us. But money has been tight this last month and when he came to me with his hand out I told him I had no money (the truth). That may have motivated his theft. I have not told his grandmother because she will kick him out and I don't want that. I'm at my wit's end.

Hate to say it but you're just enabling his problem. You probably will have to kick him out again or this will just continue and probably intensify.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense

[Image: Hitchhikersguide_zps7678fbae.jpg]
21-04-2013, 05:37 PM
If you are dealing with kidney stones and a family member is stealing your pain meds, that family member is showing NO concern for you at all. Why should you suffer (and I know how kidney stones are...I get them myself) while he is being allowed to get away with your meds. If you aren't going to do anything that may get him into trouble, I suggest you find another hiding place and put a note in the safe letting the thief know that if it ever happens again you will report it.

If he isn't using the meds, he is selling them. Either way those are yours not his.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
21-04-2013, 07:20 PM (This post was last modified: 21-04-2013 07:33 PM by GirlyMan.)
(21-04-2013 04:17 PM)f stop Wrote:  I'm told that around here the street value of percocet is $20/tablet. I'm pretty sure he's selling them, not taking them himself.

Percocet ain't shit around these parts, lucky to get $5 a tablet depending on the amount of oxycodone in it. ... So max price 'round here for 38 tabs is a few hundred bucks. That shit don't make nobody no money, but that shit will get people arrested. You don't want no part of that shit, Dewey.

(21-04-2013 04:17 PM)f stop Wrote:  I have a problem with kidney stones. The doctors have recommended a diet and they have prescribed percocet for the pain. Someone keeps stealing my percocet. I'm pretty sure I know who.

Confront each of their asses individually. "Look one of you fuckers've been stealing my stash and Grampa actually fucking needs his stash for his pain. So quit stealing my stash. If you need $20, ask me for $20, or take $20 out of my wallet, but don't steal my fucking stash!", and see what plays out.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
21-04-2013, 09:07 PM
Have to agree with girly. If you're going to go above and beyond for someone, they need to respect that fact and not shit where they sleep.

If he truly needs the shelter more than the quick cash, he'll understand and cut the shit.

Also, get another safe.

"It's a most distressing affliction to have a sentimental heart and a skeptical mind.”
― نجيب محفوظ, Sugar Street