Professional Chess

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-09-2013, 03:24 PM
Professional Chess
Are any of you followers of professional chess? I happen to really love it and was wondering if any of you do too. If you do, I'd appreciate if you posted so maybe we could chat a little about it, because there are not many people around me that even know who Kasparov is.

[Image: kramnik1993.jpg]

Can you answer who this is?

[Image: g-HitchensThinkSelf.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes elegant_atheist's post
01-09-2013, 03:46 PM
RE: Professional Chess
I know! I know!

its a proffesional chess player

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
[+] 2 users Like Lightvader's post
01-09-2013, 06:18 PM
It's Vladimir Kramnik the former world chess champion.
A really old photo of him too.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
02-09-2013, 05:20 AM
Love chess in all it's forms (apart from when playing with Earmuffs!) and will happily talk about it forever.

Kramnik's an amazing player, one of the few who beat Kasparov. He can't seem to crack Carlson or Anand now though.

Carlson's probably the most intimidating player on the circuit right now, but my favourite current player is probably Nakamura, just cuz he seems to hate drawn positions and rarely plays for a draw...unlike Anand who might as well offer a draw every time he plays with black.

Historically I like both Reti and Botvinnik...I dream of being able to do what those guys could do with 16 chess pieces....just amazing.

What about you, elegant_atheist, fav players alive or dead?

"Christianity is like a diet where you eat lots of chocolate cake all week, and then on Sunday you mentally scold yourself and "try again" only to repeat the cycle." - Buddy Christ
03-09-2013, 01:53 AM
After an extensive conversation with Rev and TS on the topic of Bobby Fischer, and his top rivals, I would have to say Bobby, just for his sheer lunacy, paranoia, and extreme hated of America and Jews. All for comedic affect of course. Here is some info about, and quotes from Bobby that you likely never heard before...

He openly denied the Holocaust, and called the United States "a farce controlled by dirty, hook-nosed, circumcised Jew bastards."

Fischer's library contained anti-semitic and white supremacist literature such as Mein Kampf, The Protocols of the Elders of Zion, and The White Man's Bible and Nature's Eternal Religion by Ben Klassen, founder of the Church of the Creator. A notebook written by Fischer is filled with sentiments such as "8/24/99 Death to the Jews. Just kill the Motherfuckers!" and "12/13/99 It's time to start randomly killing Jews."

Shortly after midnight on September 12, 2001, Philippines local time (approximately four hours after the September 11, 2001 attacks in the U.S.), Fischer was interviewed live by Pablo Mercado on the Baguio City station of the Bombo Radyo network. Fischer stated that he was happy that the airliner attacks had happened, while expressing his view on U.S. and Israeli foreign policy, saying "I applaud the act. Look, nobody gets...no one...that the U.S. and Israel have been slaughtering the Palestinians for years". He also said "All the crimes the U.S. is committing all over the world ... This just shows, what goes around, that comes around even to the United States." Fischer also referenced the movie Seven Days in May and said he hoped for a military coup d'état in the U.S., "[I hope] the country will be taken over by the military, they'll close down all the synagogues, arrest all the Jews, execute hundreds of thousands of Jewish ringleaders."

Fischer drafted a letter to Osama bin Laden, which began:

Dear Mr. Osama bin Laden allow me to introduce myself. I am Bobby Fischer, the World Chess Champion. First of all you should know that I share your hatred of the murderous bandit state of "Israel" and its chief backer the Jew-controlled U.S.A. also know [sic] as the "Jewnited States" or "Israel West." We also have something else in common: We are both fugitives from the U.S. "justice" system.

Fischer was among the best chess players to have ever played. He was also a bigoted nutjob who rank right up there with Hitler, whom he deeply admired.

03-09-2013, 07:59 AM
Quote:(apart from when playing with Earmuffs!)

Yet you keep sending game invites.
The very definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Tongue

03-09-2013, 12:13 PM
(03-09-2013 07:59 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:(apart from when playing with Earmuffs!)

Yet you keep sending game invites.
The very definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Tongue

earmuffs, you pussy.

03-09-2013, 11:14 PM
(03-09-2013 12:13 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(03-09-2013 07:59 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Yet you keep sending game invites.

earmuffs, you pussy.

Bitch please, I already gave you a good spanking.

03-09-2013, 11:55 PM
(03-09-2013 11:14 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(03-09-2013 12:13 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  earmuffs, you pussy.

Bitch please, I already gave you a good spanking.

Let's leave our personal lives personal.

I want a game. Bring it.

04-09-2013, 12:58 AM
[Image: muffschess_zpsc429c90c.png]

I even let you be white this time.

If you dare. Drinking Beverage