Professor Says Students Must Get Naked to Pass Class

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-05-2015, 08:56 AM
Professor Says Students Must Get Naked to Pass Class
http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/an...-1.2217602

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-05-2015, 09:05 AM
RE: Professor Says Students Must Get Naked to Pass Class
(28-05-2015 08:56 AM)jennybee Wrote:  http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/an...-1.2217602

But the professor doesn't say that.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
28-05-2015, 09:07 AM
(28-05-2015 08:56 AM)jennybee Wrote:  http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/an...-1.2217602

The mom is freaked out, but we never hear what the daughter thinks.
It's an elective class he's been teaching for eleven years.
Prof. says everyone knows up-front about the final.
Mom should shaddup.
[+] 5 users Like pablo's post
28-05-2015, 09:18 AM
(28-05-2015 09:05 AM)Chas Wrote:  

But the professor doesn't say that.

No, I was quoting this part: "A mother of a student in the class claims that her daughter was forced to perform nude for her final in the class, or risk getting a failing grade." She said her daughter wasn't aware that students and teacher would be taking their clothes off in the class. Maybe I should have made that clearer in title? Sorry no coffee yet Tongue The professor did say that there are other ways to pass the course without getting totally nekkid. Maybe the daughter felt pressure to take off clothes if everyone else was and didn't want to--who knows?

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
28-05-2015, 09:20 AM
(28-05-2015 09:07 AM)pablo Wrote:  

The mom is freaked out, but we never hear what the daughter thinks.
It's an elective class he's been teaching for eleven years.
Prof. says everyone knows up-front about the final.
Mom should shaddup.

I agree...but I think the mom just felt it was kind of creepy--with the candlelight and the professor and all or most students disrobing. But it is a visual arts class and I would say nudity (maybe not of self but of models) would be expected?

28-05-2015, 09:24 AM
A quote from one of the students:

Quote:“We had a choice between being nude or doing something emotionally ‘naked’ and every student but one chose to do the nude performance,” one commenter said. “It was uncomfortable for some of us but we were adults and knew what we were getting ourselves into from day one of the class.”

It's a non-story really, caused by the outrage of one ill informed mother.

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too"? - Douglas Adams Bechased
[+] 7 users Like LostLegend's post
28-05-2015, 09:24 AM
I read an article on this a few weeks ago, it said the course has a reputation on campus- 'everyone' knows about the final and its quite popular.

also said that the first week of class he talks about it multiple times so that everyone is aware and then brings it up many more times at the end of the semester.

i think the daughter is brave enough to take her clothes off in front of classmates but isnt brave enough to stand up to her mother.

its the mom complaining, not the student.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 3 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
28-05-2015, 09:25 AM
Reading the aritcle, I thought this was hte best line, “That ‘Professor’ sounds like an undercover chester the molester ... using his profession to fulfill his pervert needs,”

Until I saw them add in that Glenn Beck mentioned having railed against the guy in the past because of an app he was making.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
28-05-2015, 09:27 AM
That mom needs to get over herself. I'd love to take a course like that - sounds interesting.

It irritates me when the naked form is described as perverse. Our bodies are beautiful and should be celebrated.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 8 users Like Nurse's post
28-05-2015, 09:28 AM
(28-05-2015 09:24 AM)LostLegend Wrote:  A quote from one of the students:

Quote:“We had a choice between being nude or doing something emotionally ‘naked’ and every student but one chose to do the nude performance,” one commenter said. “It was uncomfortable for some of us but we were adults and knew what we were getting ourselves into from day one of the class.”

It's a non-story really, caused by the outrage of one ill informed and sexually-repressed mother.

fixt. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post