"Profound" statements - which one do you hate?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-02-2014, 11:50 AM
RE: "Profound" statements - which one do you hate?
(10-02-2014 11:25 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I also hate when people tell me they found something in the last place they looked. Well, I am glad you had the sense to stop looking once you found it!

I'm totally going to tell someone that the next time I hear someone say that!!!

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Cathym112's post
10-02-2014, 11:51 AM
(10-02-2014 11:49 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(10-02-2014 11:39 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  "That's a whole 'nuther thing."
Weeping

I hate it when people in a bad mood say :
"Life's a bitch and then you die" ... as though it contained some sort of profound revelation.

"Life's a bitch and then you die, so fuck the world and let's get high"

Absolute most popular thing people said when I was in middle school. At the end of the day people are going to say this crap even though it's annoying. It is what it is though. I try to take it one annoying cliché at a time. Everything everything happens for a reason you know, even the annoying stuff.

Weeping please stop

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
[+] 1 user Likes Monster_Riffs's post
10-02-2014, 11:53 AM
(10-02-2014 11:46 AM)War Horse Wrote:  "Keep your chin up"

Just a great way to have somebody get a clear shot at it... idiots. Angry

Oh and the stupid sticks and stones thing they tell little kids.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
10-02-2014, 11:57 AM
(10-02-2014 11:16 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  A pet peeve of mine is when people use sayings that are meant to sound profound, but really aren't.

My most hated statement is, "I'm just taking it one day at a time."

Yeah, you wanna know who else is taking it one day at a time? Everyone. Because thats how time works.

or, "it is what it is" Of course it is! Because if it isn't what it is, than it wouldn't be what it is!!! Arg!!!

What phrase do you use or what phrase do you hate when others use?

Haha, one day at a time is my favourite! One day at a time means to me that one should not worry about the future when they're overwhelmed, and to just take it one moment at a time. As someone who has dealt with anxiety, this advice is golden.

I also like the 'It is what it is' as well. Someone once gave me good advice when I was dealing with something challenging, 'you can't call a pigeon an eagle'. Same kind of thing, it helped me view my issue differently.

Good thing we don't work in an office together or something. Tongue

(10-02-2014 11:36 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Everything happens for a reason.

This is one I can't STAND! Sooo many people say this, too.
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
10-02-2014, 12:06 PM
God works in mysterious ways ... I'm doing it to myself now!
It's a game of two halves...
It's 6 of one and half a dozen of the other...
You only live once...
What's the worst that can happen? ...
Turn that frown upside down ...
What's the matter, it's not like anyone died ...
There are plenty more fish in the sea ...
Stranger things have happened at sea ...

It won't stop! Hahaha Smile

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
[+] 3 users Like Monster_Riffs's post
10-02-2014, 12:07 PM
(10-02-2014 11:57 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(10-02-2014 11:16 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  A pet peeve of mine is when people use sayings that are meant to sound profound, but really aren't.

My most hated statement is, "I'm just taking it one day at a time."

Yeah, you wanna know who else is taking it one day at a time? Everyone. Because thats how time works.

or, "it is what it is" Of course it is! Because if it isn't what it is, than it wouldn't be what it is!!! Arg!!!

What phrase do you use or what phrase do you hate when others use?

Haha, one day at a time is my favourite! One day at a time means to me that one should not worry about the future when they're overwhelmed, and to just take it one moment at a time. As someone who has dealt with anxiety, this advice is golden.

I also like the 'It is what it is' as well. Someone once gave me good advice when I was dealing with something challenging, 'you can't call a pigeon an eagle'. Same kind of thing, it helped me view my issue differently.

Good thing we don't work in an office together or something. Tongue

I get the meanings and I like the idea but I hate the sayings. I just don't like clichés regardless of their meaning lol.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
10-02-2014, 12:10 PM
(10-02-2014 11:49 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(10-02-2014 11:39 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  "That's a whole 'nuther thing."
Weeping

I hate it when people in a bad mood say :
"Life's a bitch and then you die" ... as though it contained some sort of profound revelation.

"Life's a bitch and then you die, so fuck the world and let's get high"

Absolute most popular thing people said when I was in middle school. At the end of the day people are going to say this crap even though it's annoying. It is what it is though. I try to take it one annoying cliché at a time. Everything everything happens for a reason you know, even the annoying stuff.

There is an alternate Catholic kiddies learn .. I know one, who once said to a priest :
"Life's a bitch and then we die. Go to hell, and there we fry", or something like that. He replied : "Well yes, some of us will". Heh heh.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
10-02-2014, 12:12 PM
Gotta learn to crawl before you learn to walk.

No shit?

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
[+] 1 user Likes Cathym112's post
10-02-2014, 12:14 PM
Or how about, "I'll keep you in my thoughts."

I always want to say, "With that other bullshit inside your head? no! Cuz I hear the things you *talk* about and thats half as bad as what you think about, keep me OUT of your thoughts."

10-02-2014, 12:14 PM
And now, the most annoying "profound" shit people say ever conceived:

*drumrolls*

#YOLO

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 7 users Like nach_in's post