Prolife???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-10-2016, 05:51 PM
RE: Prolife???
(06-10-2016 02:04 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  @ShadowProject

But do "pro lifers" really claim that they're interested in well being of children or they merely spew nonsense about sanctity of life when it comrs to fetuses?

In my view being "pro life" is about control, it shows authoritarian tendencies in whoever suscribe to such view. It should be relic of times long past but sadly there are still people who think that they can force their primitive taboos onto others.

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

It is absolutely about control. These are the same men who want their women subservient because BIBLE says.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like ShadowProject's post
07-10-2016, 06:30 PM
Babies develop a sense of self-awareness anywhere from 15-24 months (that's after birth). Isn't that the same as consciousness, that moment when there is a realization of "aha! I am"?
07-10-2016, 09:32 PM
(07-10-2016 06:30 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Babies develop a sense of self-awareness anywhere from 15-24 months (that's after birth). Isn't that the same as consciousness, that moment when there is a realization of "aha! I am"?

Proved by the "Rouge Test", which is a self-recognition test that identifies a human child's ability to recognize a reflection as his or her own. Using rouge makeup, an experimenter surreptitiously places a dot on the nose and/or face of the child, and notes their reaction when confronted with a mirror.

[Image: 10111fig1.jpg]

To claim that a neonatal would have any sense of self-awareness—as many theists do—is nonsensical.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
08-10-2016, 04:51 AM
My stance on abortion has hit something in the middle. If anything abortion should be measured on population of a country. For example, if you have a country with a small population, however this country doesn't need many people living in it, then abortion should be aloud in any context. In a country that has a large population but needs that large population to keep the country going, than abortion can only be aloud to under very little circumstances(i.e if giving birth to the baby will kill the mother, if the woman was raped, and if the family is too poor to take care of even one child).

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
08-10-2016, 05:02 AM
All naturally conceived babies should be aborted and only properly genetically engineered babies should be created in labs based on a predetermined population maintenance plan.

Popcorn

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
08-10-2016, 05:11 AM
(08-10-2016 05:02 AM)yakherder Wrote:  All naturally conceived babies should be aborted and only properly genetically engineered babies should be created in labs based on a predetermined population maintenance plan.

Popcorn

It's never too late for an abortion. Sometimes you just have to give a good old abortion in the back of the head.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
08-10-2016, 05:24 AM
(08-10-2016 04:51 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  My stance on abortion has hit something in the middle. If anything abortion should be measured on population of a country. For example, if you have a country with a small population, however this country doesn't need many people living in it, then abortion should be aloud in any context. In a country that has a large population but needs that large population to keep the country going, than abortion can only be aloud to under very little circumstances(i.e if giving birth to the baby will kill the mother, if the woman was raped, and if the family is too poor to take care of even one child).

I don't think I could disagree with a position any stronger than I do with that one. If an individual wants to take the need of the larger society into account when deciding to abort or not they are perfectly justified in doing so. The society does not have the right to tell an individual that abortion is not allowed because the child is needed by that society. Society's needs do not outweigh the individual's rights.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
08-10-2016, 05:58 AM
(08-10-2016 04:51 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  My stance on abortion has hit something in the middle. If anything abortion should be measured on population of a country. For example, if you have a country with a small population, however this country doesn't need many people living in it, then abortion should be aloud in any context. In a country that has a large population but needs that large population to keep the country going, than abortion can only be aloud to under very little circumstances(i.e if giving birth to the baby will kill the mother, if the woman was raped, and if the family is too poor to take care of even one child).

I disagree. I couldn't care less about what society need or "need" when primary cost is being shouldered by individual in question.

Abortion should be freely available I think as world need not unwanted children. Mainly though women had right to decide and it supersede all others consideration in my opinion.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
08-10-2016, 06:37 AM

The word you want is "allowed".

But how about "No"? Individual rights are individual rights.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-10-2016, 07:19 AM
(08-10-2016 05:58 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  

I disagree. I couldn't care less about what society need or "need" when primary cost is being shouldered by individual in question.

Abortion should be freely available I think as world need not unwanted children. Mainly though women had right to decide and it supersede all others consideration in my opinion.

Well sometimes society does have needs, and sometimes they override individual rights, no different than individual rights override society. Plus you need a population(or at least a strong one) to keep a society up, as it is made up of people. I ain't against abortion, but sometimes we have to think beyond the individual, no different than we have to think about the individual.