Prolife???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-12-2016, 05:26 AM
RE: Prolife???
(14-12-2016 04:54 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  At work.

So you're pro-life at home? You scumbag! Angry

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-12-2016, 06:49 PM
(06-10-2016 08:49 AM)jason197754 Wrote:  Now as an atheist I am ok with contraception and birth control and abortion...... But Im confused about the issue of Personhood and wether or not a fetus....zygote is a person or not. But now I am more than prochoice....I am Pro-woman.....

From when on it is considered a person doesn't matter. If I am not allowed to sit in your belly against your wish (and I am definitly a person) then nobody and nothing else is allowed to sit in your belly against your wish. No matter if my life is threatened unless I sit in your belly, if you say no, then I will not be permitted to sit in your belly.
Does that make sense so far?

Ok so moving on to the pro choice / planned parenthood.
A lot of anti abortion people are simply pro birth. They don't care what happens after birth. They are not willing to pay more tax money to provide for the kid if the mother cannot provide, they are not willing to pay more tax money to provide for any serious medical harm that birth did to anybody. They just want the birth to happen. Hoorah (excuse my sarcasm)
Planned parenthood / pro choice means that the parent / the mother gets to choose and that is all. If I am not ready to have a child now, I should have the freedom to decide this. Abstinence is a laughable method and preventative methods can fail. I myself was conceived although my mother was on the pill. My brothers were conceived although my mother had the spiral in. Contraception can fail! And if it fails, the mother still should have the right to make a decision over her body.

Pro-woman? I have no clue what that is supposed to mean.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
[+] 6 users Like Leerob's post
16-12-2016, 11:40 AM
(06-10-2016 09:14 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  The reason for this is simple: there is no right to have one's life sustained by invading the bodily privacy or health/safety of another person without their express permission.

When a woman engages in sexual activity she knows that what she does could lead to the creation of new life within her body. By choosing to make it possible for this life to exist, she is giving it permission to exist inside her body and is taking on the obligation of caring for this life.

The information in ancient libraries came from real minds of real people. The far more complex information in cells came from the far more intelligent mind of God.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-12-2016, 03:15 PM
(16-12-2016 11:40 AM)theophilus Wrote:  
(06-10-2016 09:14 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  The reason for this is simple: there is no right to have one's life sustained by invading the bodily privacy or health/safety of another person without their express permission.

When a woman engages in sexual activity she knows that what she does could lead to the creation of new life within her body. By choosing to make it possible for this life to exist, she is giving it permission to exist inside her body and is taking on the obligation of caring for this life.

No she is not. She also knows that contraceptives, morning after pills and abortions are all legal so she is explicitly not giving permission to "new life" to exist inside her body. If she chooses not to undergo any such procedure, then maybe you can say she is giving permission.

Don't be a disingenuous fuck.

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
16-12-2016, 03:24 PM

By choosing to make it possible for this life to exist, she is giving it permission to exist inside her body and is taking on the obligation of caring for this life.

You're going to have to prove with logic that these statements necessarily follow from the other or else it's nothing but an unfounded assertion:
"By choosing to make it possible for this life to exist"
"she is giving it permission to exist inside her body and is taking on the obligation of caring for this life"
16-12-2016, 03:40 PM

On top of the other points made, what if she was raped?

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
17-12-2016, 12:35 AM
I think there should be a rule that if someone opposes abortion they must sign up to adopt kids too, or to give money to an adoption agency in the same way that a divorced parent would have to pay child support. If you really care about those lives, enough to support shooting a doctor or enough to legislate, then put your money where your mouth is. See how many of these fucks who're "only thinking of the children" are actually prepared to back up their pious crap with action. After all, they're willing to force people who don't want kids to have to bring them up, purely because of their religious authoritarian mindset, maybe they should experience a little forced child rearing themselves. Oh yeah, and maybe they should have a humiliating penis exam before they're allowed to vote for their anti-abortion bill just for shits and giggles, as some states force women to have an examination before they have an abortion.

[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
17-12-2016, 09:49 AM
When someone voluntarily engages in an activity he accepts responsibility for the consequences of that activity. Sexual activity can result in creation of a new life. Anyone who chooses to engage in such activity is accepting the responsibility for taking care of this new life. Anyone not willing to accept responsibility for caring for and bringing up a baby should refrain from doing anything that could produce a baby.

The information in ancient libraries came from real minds of real people. The far more complex information in cells came from the far more intelligent mind of God.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-12-2016, 09:56 AM
(17-12-2016 09:49 AM)theophilus Wrote:  When someone voluntarily engages in an activity he accepts responsibility for the consequences of that activity. Sexual activity can result in creation of a new life. Anyone who chooses to engage in such activity is accepting the responsibility for taking care of this new life. Anyone not willing to accept responsibility for caring for and bringing up a baby should refrain from doing anything that could produce a baby.

Repeating what you said doesn't make it more true. Why should we not remove the fetus/baby whatever you want to call it? If it can't live on its own it's not alive, is it? If it's a few cells it's not life. Should I pass a law requiring that you shall not trim your finger or toe nails?

[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
17-12-2016, 10:36 AM
(17-12-2016 09:49 AM)theophilus Wrote:  When someone voluntarily engages in an activity he accepts responsibility for the consequences of that activity. Sexual activity can result in creation of a new life. Anyone who chooses to engage in such activity is accepting the responsibility for taking care of this new life. Anyone not willing to accept responsibility for caring for and bringing up a baby should refrain from doing anything that could produce a baby.

Obviously anybody who surfs, or goes rock climbing, or hang gliding, or even drives a vehicle should not expect medical care in the event of a possible but unwanted accident. They accepted the responsibility for the possible consequences when they engaged in the activity and even if a relatively simple procedure can reverse the effect they should have to live with their injuries. Anyone not willing to accept the responsibility of living with injuries should refrain from doing anything that could result in an accident.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 5 users Like unfogged's post