Prolife???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-12-2016, 11:25 AM
RE: Prolife???
(17-12-2016 09:49 AM)theophilus Wrote:  Sexual activity can result in creation of a new life. Anyone who chooses to engage in such activity is accepting the responsibility for taking care of this new life.

No, they're not. They can get an abortion.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Gilgamesh's post
17-12-2016, 01:30 PM
In any case Theo, it's not really about life and the precious baby is it? It's about controlling women. How dare they strut about enjoying sex and carrying on like little sluts? They must be punished.

Fucken troglodyte.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
23-12-2016, 05:18 PM (This post was last modified: 23-12-2016 05:22 PM by Leerob.)
(17-12-2016 09:49 AM)theophilus Wrote:  When someone voluntarily engages in an activity he accepts responsibility for the consequences of that activity. Sexual activity can result in creation of a new life. Anyone who chooses to engage in such activity is accepting the responsibility for taking care of this new life. Anyone not willing to accept responsibility for caring for and bringing up a baby should refrain from doing anything that could produce a baby.

I know that you are trolling but for anybody who is not trolling and reading these things, I need to answer.

If I take the pill, use a condom, have the spiral, have the anti baby implant then that means that I do not want to have a baby. The reason why I might not want a baby at that time actually does not matter. I (a general I, not me personally, no one cares about me right now, ok I ramble, let's continue) took precautions. Sometimes those precautions fail.
When they fail, I need another option to get rid of whatever is growing inside of my body against my will.
This other option is abortion. Now if a country makes abortion illegal, the women either go to another country to have the procedure done there or they turn to the black market and get it done by unprofessional people and/or unfitting places. The few women in those situations, who do not get it done in another country or on the black market, they may choose to either do it themselves and risk their lives or they take poison or do other dangerous things. This is unacceptable.

Sex is a very basic human instinct and it is very strong. People like sex and saying that abstinence is the only acceptable way to not have babies is nuts.

All of that aside, from a purely practical point of view:
This planet is slowly but surely over-populating. I see no harm in slowing that process down by allowing abortions.
PLUS
People who want to have children will still have children. They simply want to plan when to have them.
PLUS
A pregnancy is a serious medical risk for many women - be it phsyically or mentally. Forcing them to carry to term is unacceptable.
PLUS
Not all sex is voluntary. Forcing a woman to carry to term in that case is absolutely crazy.

Here from my own experience and family:
My mother was 17 when she had her first pregnancy. Her father forced her to go and have an abortion. Abortion, at the time, were illegal in Germany so she had to get it done in another country. She did not want an abortion and to this day (35 years later) she is still traumatized by the experience. When she was pregnant with me, her father's comment was "Ok, I will pay one more but that is it" and she had to fight like crazy so she could carry me to term.
I am ready to start a family and I went off the pill and off other methods. But I am not the healthiest of people. I am not deadly sick but a pregnancy could cause me harm. I want to try and carry to term if possible but I want the option to abort if I see early signs of it being dangerous for me. I live in Ireland now and here abortion is illegal unless I am in grave danger (and even then it is not that easy). So I would have to fly to the UK or Germany to get it done if it needs to be done. I am not keen on trying out an abortion but I want the option to be there in case I need it. I am happy to pay for it myself, I don't need the tax payer to carry that cost. I don't think that I am asking too much. Do you?

Ok I am done now.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
[+] 1 user Likes Leerob's post
23-12-2016, 05:21 PM
I blame a lifetime of sexual deprivation for 47.3% of my psychological abnormalities Tongue

'Murican Canadian