Prometheus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-06-2012, 07:24 PM
RE: Prometheus
Special effects were good. Story wasn't great. There was too much Have some faith crap.

I think its been made purely to open up another branch of the alien universe, just to make more films. The ending makes it clear they plan to make a sequel. (I think it will be another set of Alien films)

To be honest i know a few people that have seen it and Ive not heard a good review from any of them.

My advice. Wait until it comes out on DVD and then pick it up when the price has dropped. Its really not worth the money.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
02-06-2012, 07:28 PM
Crap! ***sad fucking face*** Weeping

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
02-06-2012, 07:45 PM
That's just my opinion. If you really want to see it then don't let me stop you.

That being said it was one of my must see films right behind The dark knight rises.
09-06-2012, 03:03 PM
The film was okay all in all. Typical scifi horror. But, it had some incosistencies. At certain points it did seem like there were things happening just to push the story forward.

My biggest issue however, were the religious references. They were many and they were stupid!!! To think that you speak about aliens and still talk about the "year of our lord" and Jesus is a bunch of crap. All of these references were interesting only for theist and seriously, i doubt that any scientist looking for extra terrestrial life would be thinking about Jesus.

Definitely a DVD movie or even a TV just for the annoying references and scientific incosistencies.
09-06-2012, 04:35 PM
(02-06-2012 07:24 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  My advice. Wait until it comes out on DVD and then pick it up when the price has dropped. Its really not worth the money.

That just saved me $50US. Thanks, Scot. Thumbsup

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
09-06-2012, 05:21 PM
(02-06-2012 07:28 PM)aurora Wrote:  Crap! ***sad fucking face*** Weeping
My wife makes that face every time.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-06-2012, 05:47 PM
(02-06-2012 04:13 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  I saw it a few hours ago and can honestly say it was terrible.

What the hell? I really didn't need this, you know.
The only thing I have to enjoy in life is being the first to see the newest crappy movie and express to everyone my disappointment.

You have completely fucked up my weekend. Weeping

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
09-06-2012, 06:00 PM
(09-06-2012 05:47 PM)kim Wrote:  What the hell? I really didn't need this, you know.
The only thing I have to enjoy in life is being the first to see the newest crappy movie and express to everyone my disappointment.

You have completely fucked up my weekend. Weeping
If you're not fast you're last Big Grin
09-06-2012, 06:09 PM
(09-06-2012 06:00 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  If you're not fast you're last Big Grin
Weeping

Sadcryface2

No

Undecided

Oh well, I guess I'll have more time and money to drink, now. Shy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
09-06-2012, 07:07 PM
(09-06-2012 04:35 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  That just saved me $50US. Thanks, Scot. Thumbsup

Happy to help. Does it actually cost $50 to see a film over there? Ohmy

(09-06-2012 06:09 PM)kim Wrote:  Weeping

Sadcryface2

No

Undecided

Oh well, I guess I'll have more time and money to drink, now. Shy

have a free pint on me Big Grin
[Image: article-1294939358729-06A95837000005DC-2...23x335.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post