Prometheus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-06-2012, 12:08 AM
RE: Prometheus
(09-06-2012 05:21 PM)lucradis Wrote:  
(02-06-2012 07:28 PM)aurora Wrote:  Crap! ***sad fucking face*** Weeping
My wife makes that face every time.
Every time what? (and keep it clean Big Grin )

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2012, 06:56 AM
That would ruin the joke.
How would I know what faces she makes? All I can see is her ponytail.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like lucradis's post
10-06-2012, 03:14 PM
Anyone liked David? I did! Even though my friends didn't like him, I did because there was something sad about him. Even though he wasn't human and could understand human feelings but not feel them himself. He was like a child and eager to show how brilliant and how human he can be to other(if that makes sense?). That's the only good thing I found about the movie.
Micheal Fassbender FTW!

Bad thing:
The religious concepts. I mean after all the things Elizabeth Shaw went through, she still kept her faith. If it was me I would have traveled back home and try to forget everything. What annoyed me is that she didn't even notice the consequences of doing the exhibition.

[Image: boston-terrier-gets-scared.gif]
10-06-2012, 07:52 PM
I saw Prometheus last night in 'gold class' cinema (you know, in a lounge recliner - awesome) in 3D.

As this was the first time I've ever seen a 3D movie I was in awe of the effects! They were really cool Cool

As far as the movie's concerned, well, I enjoyed it but there was no suspense (which the Alien series dripped with), no horror and the main character (Elizabeth) was average. I did, however, enjoy the David character.

I think that if I saw it in 2D then I may have been pretty disappointed.

I didn't really give a crap about the religious side of the film but just thought she was a dumb-arse for still believing!

10-06-2012, 08:07 PM
The religious thing bugged me about that film. It shoves Christianity down your throat. The main character sees definitive proof that god didn't make humans but still clings to Christianity. The believer survives and the skeptics and unbelievers suffer horrible deaths. So many plot hole too.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
10-06-2012, 08:41 PM
That line "I believe it because it's what I want to believe" made me and many of the other movie goers groan. I think Prometheus was a major let down, but if the sequel (provided one gets made) is good I think they could be a great addition to an already outstanding sic-fi franchise. Also, Prometheus in 3D was one of the greatest films in 3D I have ever seen. I typically don't like movies in 3D, but the reviews of it (even from anti-3D sites) were so good I had to try it out. SEE IT IN 3D!
[+] 2 users Like Discord.agent's post
11-06-2012, 05:52 PM
And another thing...

There were 4 children in the cinema (with their parents) sitting in front of us and they must've been all of 8 years old! Half way through the film one of them had to leave as she was so scared! So her father went out with her. I was so close to telling them that was bordering on incompetence!!
I mean, how far up his arse is his head???

12-06-2012, 06:16 AM
I thought the movie was very well done. Didn't care for the protaganist too much but she served her purpose. I thought the dialogue flowed nicely, the plot had glimpses of classic Alien scenes, homage, and story progression. Acting was solid, Michael Fassbender and Idris Elba were solid as always. Slowly you notice things from the first 2 Alien movies and as it progesses you notice a lot more, all the way up to the last awesome seconds. I would reccomend it even if I am a slightly biased sci-fi nerd.

And yet another interesting topic I am not interested in.
12-06-2012, 07:26 AM
Doesn't even look download worthy. Don't want to waste the bandwidth.

The only reason I'm guessing that there was so much hype and whatever is because its directed by the same guy that directed those awful Alien movies.
If this was from some unknown director this would never get a second look, it would classed under the "this directors first set of bad movies" like all directors seem to have.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
13-06-2012, 05:22 AM
Wait, believers survive, scientists die? WHAT kind of RETARD made this movie? Oh, the same guy that did Alien? Naaaaah, he couldn't have, this just sounds retarded to the bone. Retarded bone. Whoever came up with the idea of ever mentioning God ever, anywhere in a movie like this? I really wanted to see the movie, but now... Not so much, I am already disappointed, because I can smell the cheese in it... Stupid Christians, either they dictate the path of the movie, or the director wants to suit their needs, so we again go down the Christian path. Why can't sci-fi movies be just about movies not about religion in the background?

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 3 users Like Filox's post