Prometheus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-06-2012, 05:28 AM
RE: Prometheus
(10-06-2012 08:41 PM)Discord.agent Wrote:  That line "I believe it because it's what I want to believe" made me and many of the other movie goers groan. I think Prometheus was a major let down, but if the sequel (provided one gets made) is good I think they could be a great addition to an already outstanding sic-fi franchise. Also, Prometheus in 3D was one of the greatest films in 3D I have ever seen. I typically don't like movies in 3D, but the reviews of it (even from anti-3D sites) were so good I had to try it out. SEE IT IN 3D!
I at least liked when David kind of poked fun at her faith. But yeah... the silly "I believe because it's what I choose to believe" was sorta silly.

That said... it was amazing in 3D.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
13-06-2012, 05:34 AM
If you come to the place that started the population of Earth, if you discover you true origin and you are a scientist who came to discover that exact thing, where do you leave a room for faith? What kind of a retard you have to be to put that in the movie and think it will not bother anyone??? I'm extremely disappointed to hear this, but I will have to go and see for myself, in 3D, if you say it is that great. I didn't find Avengers good at all, in 3D. I hated myself for going to see them in 3D.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
15-06-2012, 05:15 PM
(13-06-2012 05:22 AM)Filox Wrote:  Wait, believers survive, scientists die? WHAT kind of RETARD made this movie? Oh, the same guy that did Alien? Naaaaah, he couldn't have, this just sounds retarded to the bone. Retarded bone. Whoever came up with the idea of ever mentioning God ever, anywhere in a movie like this? I really wanted to see the movie, but now... Not so much, I am already disappointed, because I can smell the cheese in it... Stupid Christians, either they dictate the path of the movie, or the director wants to suit their needs, so we again go down the Christian path. Why can't sci-fi movies be just about movies not about religion in the background?
Maybe David should have killed all the believers(which is about two people) and let the scientist live?

[Image: boston-terrier-gets-scared.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes tazmin98's post
15-06-2012, 05:49 PM (This post was last modified: 15-06-2012 05:57 PM by FSM_scot.)
This guy has a theory about the film and it seems to make sense. its worth a read.
It doesn't explain the stupid shit like a biologist using the term darwinism. Or the geologist getting lost in the spaceship even though hes the one with a fucking map. That HE made.
[+] 2 users Like FSM_scot's post
16-06-2012, 12:38 AM
(15-06-2012 05:49 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  This guy has a theory about the film and it seems to make sense. its worth a read.
It doesn't explain the stupid shit like a biologist using the term darwinism. Or the geologist getting lost in the spaceship even though hes the one with a fucking map. That HE made.
Very interesting read, thanks Scotty Smile

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
16-06-2012, 12:45 AM
(16-06-2012 12:38 AM)aurora Wrote:  
(15-06-2012 05:49 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  This guy has a theory about the film and it seems to make sense. its worth a read.
Very interesting read, thanks Scotty Smile
totally random but I can never not read your username without thinking of the foo fighters song.

Anywho... back on topic.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
16-06-2012, 12:52 AM
Poo. I can't see what you've posted Weeping

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
02-10-2012, 04:31 AM
I just watched the movie and I really liked it. Sue, the thing with religion was 100% unneeded for the movie, in fact, it was the only thing that did not fit into the movie, considering the date and place where it all took place... Other than that, a great movie.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
02-10-2012, 07:25 PM
I didn't realize this was part of the "Alien" franchise until the day before I went to see it in theaters. Honestly, that knowledge kind of ruined it. Not to say the Alien movies are bad; I just don't personally care for them.

More than anything, though, what was ruined was my impression (about which I was very excited and intrigued) that it would be some sort of profound and epic sci-fi film. Unfortunately, it's just another run-of-the-mill monster flick.

However, I must give credit to the visual effects. They were stunning. In fact, amidst the terrible acting; the stupid plot-points; and the cheesy overall monster-movie theme; the way the film LOOKED it the only reason I'm going to buy it as soon as it comes out.

Plus, the "C-section" scene was pretty fuckin' gnarly in the best possible sense. Big Grin

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-10-2012, 10:35 AM
Bug RE: Prometheus
Ridley Scott pulled a George Lucas. He's either senile, greedy for money, or too weak to say no to executives. Nothing more. The movie was bad, and the creators should feel bad.
[+] 2 users Like PoolBoyG's post