Prometheus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-10-2012, 01:41 AM
RE: Prometheus
(13-06-2012 05:22 AM)Filox Wrote:  Wait, believers survive, scientists die? WHAT kind of RETARD made this movie? Oh, the same guy that did Alien? Naaaaah, he couldn't have, this just sounds retarded to the bone. Retarded bone. Whoever came up with the idea of ever mentioning God ever, anywhere in a movie like this? I really wanted to see the movie, but now... Not so much, I am already disappointed, because I can smell the cheese in it... Stupid Christians, either they dictate the path of the movie, or the director wants to suit their needs, so we again go down the Christian path. Why can't sci-fi movies be just about movies not about religion in the background?

I don't know about this. Yeah, there were a lot of references to god. Depending on how the sequal goes, maybe it will lead to the lead character losing her faith completely. Many of the religious/god questions were coming from the machine. If you read into it, I say it appears to be anti-theist. That being said, I dis-agree with the ending. If I were the survivor, I would have vented the atmosphere and hopefully anything that didn't belong on the ship into space and then plot a course for Earth. Upon arrival, I would contact the "company" and tell them the ship is theirs to reverse engineer as long as I get 50% of the profit they make. If not, I am sure I would have had enough time to get used to the weapons on board to fight my way to becoming a dictator.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Birdguy1979's post
11-10-2012, 09:12 AM
I rented it last night. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, but it wasn't the best either. As everyone else has mentioned, the Christian symbolism was just dripping from the film. I doubt religion would even be that prevalent on the heels of the 22nd-century. Most importantly, the movie had the DUMBEST scientists to ever grace the silver screen. No precaution for danger, no fear of contamination, no planning, no real scientific knowledge whatsoever. What idiot takes their helmet off in an alien environment (even when its breathable), pokes at random goo, or sticks their face right next to an unknown extraterrestrial species?

I believe this video was once posted in a different thread on the subject, but it bears repeating:

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post
15-10-2012, 02:49 AM
"Oh no, we are lost" - says the guy who made the bloody map of the place...

Yeah, this movie has the stupidest possible scientists I have ever seen.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
15-10-2012, 06:18 AM
In keeping with the "stupid scientists" theme; I bought the movie the other day, so I got to watch it again since it was in theaters. One thing that jumped out at me (as it did when I saw it the first time) was the "scientist" being asked for backing evidence of her claims, to which she responded "I don't know...but it's what I choose to believe."

In other words; she believes something far-fetched, despite the evidence to the contrary. Not very scientific; taking things on unfounded faith.

But then, it's a movie. Mindless entertainment for a fitting audience. Still looks cool as hell. Tongue

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user