Promise Keepers and my Brother

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-04-2013, 11:46 AM
Promise Keepers and my Brother
My brother attended "Promise Keepers" a couple of weeks ago, and he's come out of it thinking that he's not been a good father and husband, and now everything that he's posting on Facebook is about "Jesus Christ" and all of that. I've sent him private messages and told him that I'm disappointed to think that he's being brainwashed by them and want to talk to him about it all - but he won't take me seriously or engage me in the topic.

What advice can you guys give me about how to approach this? He doesn't really know the Bible. He's never been serious about religion. I went to Bible College and know both Greek and Hebrew and have read the Bible thoroughly, and he knows that I'm deeply knowledgeable regarding the Bible and the Christian religion.

Any pointers or help for the situation??

Thanks.

And this is how I feel about Promise Keepers: Censored
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-04-2013, 12:27 PM
RE: Promise Keepers and my Brother
Can't help thinking that he is not in a good enough place to hear "brainwashed" as anything other than an insult.

His actions are (in my professional opinion) just symptoms / incidents.

Your course needs to be an attempt to tackle (analysis, provide support, advice and guidance) the root cause.

In other words, he is using JC as a way of escaping responsibility (JC will make it all alright) and not searching for the reasons why he thinks "that he's not been a good father and husband".

For example, someone who may have had an affair is asking an imaginary friend to forgive them because they can't face the deed of seeking forgiveness from the actual people he has betrayed.

If this were the case... much irony... Un-kept Promises!

DLJ

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post