Promised Land

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-04-2012, 11:45 AM
Promised Land
I'm so sick of theists. Why don't all us Atheists just move somewhere, kick out the theists, and claim it as a promised land of Atheism? Anyone got any good location ideas? We need someplace nice, but with lower real-estate values (so we can buy out the land quicker). Also, we need a place with either a decent number of existing Atheists or with a small population (so we can deport all of them easily).

Can you picture it? The rate of scientific advancement? The low crime-rate? The soaring grades in schools? Politicians that are elected based on their political beliefs instead of their religion? It would be amazing.

Maybe we should talk to the U.S. Government about this. They like taking land from majorities and giving it to minorities.

[Image: 553193_635722216633_1026343474_n.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2012, 11:46 AM
RE: Promised Land
[Image: Mr5x6.jpg]

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 6 users Like germanyt's post
02-04-2012, 11:59 AM
(02-04-2012 11:45 AM)Science Believer Wrote:  I'm so sick of theists. Why don't all us Atheists just move somewhere, kick out the theists, and claim it as a promised land of Atheism? Anyone got any good location ideas?

Well, you might find this hard to believe but this has been tried before.
The problem is that the kicked out theists are pretty pissed off about it.
They called this new state....
.... wait for it....
Israel!
"Israel’s Proclamation of Independence makes few concessions to the Almighty. The word ‘God’ does not appear, though there is a passing reference to trusting in the ‘Rock of Israel’. Israel, it decrees, will be a Jewish state, but the concept is nowhere defined. The state, it says, ‘will be based on the principles of liberty, justice and peace as conceived by the Prophets of Israel; will uphold the full social and political equality of all its citizens, without distinction of religion, race, or sex; will guarantee freedom of religion, conscience, education and culture; will safeguard the Holy Places of all religions; and will loyally uphold the principles of the United Nations Charter’.

Every student of modern Israel should reread the proclamation of May 14, 1948, at least once a year. It is a reminder of the secular vision of the founding fathers. Israel was to be a modern democratic state, an expression of Jewish nationalism rather than Jewish faith."

http://atheism.about.com/b/2006/07/23/is...-state.htm

02-04-2012, 03:14 PM
Need a good name to keep them out:
Atheistville
Godlessville
Godlessburg
Nogodton
Noreligionville
Notheistville
Secularville
The closest we have now in the States is Vermont and New Hampshire (only 23% religious) and Maine (25%)

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
02-04-2012, 03:15 PM
I would go more along the lines of using the power of science. Namely, building a bunch of badass starships and leaving this planet for good.

[Image: 221435NothingtodoHereGifMadethiscuzIwas2...1321553488]

[Image: s1hlsk.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes le_procyon's post
03-04-2012, 04:38 PM
(02-04-2012 03:14 PM)Thomas Wrote:  Need a good name to keep them out:

Um... how about Hell? It's simple, it's straight forward, and no Theist WANTS to go to Hell.

[Image: 553193_635722216633_1026343474_n.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Science Believer's post
03-04-2012, 04:56 PM
Japan? Sweden? From what I understand, they have very low crime rates, so we'd fit right in. But yeah, if the US doesn't change I'm movin' to the UK.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
03-04-2012, 08:13 PM
I thought that was the point of Atheist forums. Have I not reached the promised land?

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-04-2012, 08:14 PM
Re:the promised land ...
We can just use the biblical paradigm, and send our prophet up the mountain, and decide for ouselves what property that belongs to other's, we want to appropriate, as our promised land. There are some good coastal mountains in Cali that overlook nice property. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
03-04-2012, 10:38 PM
We need a land flowing with milk and honey... Build a dairy farm around a honey processing plant?

Under Repair.