Promoting this place a bit.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-08-2012, 09:11 AM
Promoting this place a bit.
I like the size of this forum.... its not too massive as to be swamped and hard to moderate and I think it affords a bit more community.

Now I myself consider me lucky that ive never had to go through any hardships concerning religion..... however there are I imagine thousands of people out there that are and would possibly benefit from a visit to this awesome site.

The other week I found out about Omegle.com through some of Vosurs threads and I have been having some good philosophical discussions with people and I allways recommend them dropping by over here and having a look....... so maybe we could all have one day a month where we all do something to promote the place?

Any effort could be considered worthy..... I have my own ideas as to what we could do but id also be interested to hear other peoples ideas how we could do this if everybody gives it the green light.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like bemore's post
10-08-2012, 09:26 AM
RE: Promoting this place a bit.
Good idea. Who's up for a pub crawl?

[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post
17-08-2012, 10:05 PM
More seriously (slightly), why not ask our lord Seth to do a podcast about this forum.

The can't be too many places where bipartisanship is encouraged, let alone practiced: i.e. a theist as a mod on an atheist honeypot.

Episode title could be.... The Enemy Within.

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
17-08-2012, 10:09 PM
Yeah, why doesn't Seth mention this place more? I know he may feel like it's too self promoter or he doesn't get much from this forum, but it seems it's helped a lot of people through transition or even for a sense of community, it could maybe help more.
17-08-2012, 10:37 PM
I've already started sending youtube Christians here. It's impossible to have a serious debate in a youtube setting, so I always throw out a dismissive taunt, followed by a "continue this discussion at thethinkingatheist if you want."

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
17-08-2012, 10:41 PM
I've been doing the same thing, bemore.

So far, 3 or 4 have joined.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
17-08-2012, 10:43 PM
(17-08-2012 10:05 PM)DLJ Wrote:  More seriously (slightly), why not ask our lord Seth to do a podcast about this forum.

The can't be too many places where bipartisanship is encouraged, let alone practiced: i.e. a theist as a mod on an atheist honeypot.

Episode title could be.... The Enemy Within.

Yeah, maybe Stark can suggest it to Seth.

17-08-2012, 11:03 PM
Suggesting now.....

Hey Seth, watcha think?

Just visiting.

-SR
17-08-2012, 11:09 PM
(17-08-2012 11:03 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Suggesting now.....

Hey Seth, watcha think?

-_-

We used to be lovers.

USED

18-08-2012, 02:01 AM
An interesting idea to be sure, already directed a couple of friends here, but haven't heard anything so far....

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.