Promoting this place a bit.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-08-2012, 02:55 AM
RE: Promoting this place a bit.
I'd prefer not mentioning KC too much in promo materials, dunno what he thinks about it. But... I feel like that is kinda using him a bit. AFAIK he's a mod 'cos he's an awesome guy, the Christian stuff is unusual but incidental to the fact.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
18-08-2012, 03:22 AM
Some cool Ideas up to now people Smile

If there was enough interest maybe we could have a TTA video competition thingy, where people make there own little videos promoting the site, have a flood of videos hitting youtube Consider

I agree that maybe Seth should mention the forum a bit more on his podcasts.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
18-08-2012, 03:28 AM
(17-08-2012 10:05 PM)DLJ Wrote:  More seriously (slightly), why not ask our lord Seth to do a podcast about this forum.

The can't be too many places where bipartisanship is encouraged, let alone practiced: i.e. a theist as a mod on an atheist honeypot.

Episode title could be.... The Enemy Within.

It will discourage anti-theist atheists from joining.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-08-2012, 04:30 AM
(18-08-2012 03:28 AM)Red Celt Wrote:  
(17-08-2012 10:05 PM)DLJ Wrote:  More seriously (slightly), why not ask our lord Seth to do a podcast about this forum.

The can't be too many places where bipartisanship is encouraged, let alone practiced: i.e. a theist as a mod on an atheist honeypot.

Episode title could be.... The Enemy Within.

It will discourage anti-theist atheists from joining.

Won't that depend on how the podcast conversation flows? Some might be encouraged; they might smell blood.

18-08-2012, 04:33 AM
(18-08-2012 02:55 AM)morondog Wrote:  I'd prefer not mentioning KC too much in promo materials, dunno what he thinks about it. But... I feel like that is kinda using him a bit. AFAIK he's a mod 'cos he's an awesome guy, the Christian stuff is unusual but incidental to the fact.

KC has noted what he thinks of it in post #7.

The OP asked for promotional suggestions. It may be incidental but I've been involved in Marketing long enough to know that one should not let the truth get in the way of a good story.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
18-08-2012, 04:36 AM (This post was last modified: 18-08-2012 04:50 AM by Red Celt.)
(18-08-2012 04:30 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Won't that depend on how the podcast conversation flows? Some might be encouraged; they might smell blood.

This anti-theist is discouraged. It's like turning up at an AA meeting to find that it's being co-chaired by a pissed Oliver Reed*. I'm not unique. Other atheists will also be discouraged.

edit: *Fixed the spelling of his name.
18-08-2012, 04:40 AM
(18-08-2012 04:36 AM)Red Celt Wrote:  
(18-08-2012 04:30 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Won't that depend on how the podcast conversation flows? Some might be encouraged; they might smell blood.

This anti-theist is discouraged. It's like turning up at an AA meeting to find that it's being co-chaired by a pissed Oliver Reid. I'm not unique. Other atheists will also be discouraged.

That meeting would be hilarious. I would become an alcoholic just so I could attend.

18-08-2012, 04:48 AM
(18-08-2012 04:40 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(18-08-2012 04:36 AM)Red Celt Wrote:  This anti-theist is discouraged. It's like turning up at an AA meeting to find that it's being co-chaired by a pissed Oliver Reid. I'm not unique. Other atheists will also be discouraged.

That meeting would be hilarious. I would become an alcoholic just so I could attend.

Humour aside, imagine yourself as an atheist who has subsisted within a theistic world, who needs a life-raft to cling on to... free of theists... The Thinking Atheist isn't the place to come. Indeed, the forum name is a misnomer.

I'm intrigued to know what Seth's position is on this... and whether Stark Raving is singing from the same hymn-sheet as Seth.
18-08-2012, 05:58 AM
(18-08-2012 04:48 AM)Red Celt Wrote:  Humour aside, imagine yourself as an atheist who has subsisted within a theistic world, who needs a life-raft to cling on to... free of theists... The Thinking Atheist isn't the place to come. Indeed, the forum name is a misnomer.

I'm intrigued to know what Seth's position is on this... and whether Stark Raving is singing from the same hymn-sheet as Seth.

I don't care what they're singing, so long as it's in tune!
......Hell I'd listen to Seth singing that song about a little plastic jesus on cars dashboard that he mentions/sings every now and again...Big Grin

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
18-08-2012, 05:58 AM
Oh I sing from my own hymnal all together.

Just visiting.

-SR
[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post