Promoting this place a bit.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-08-2012, 10:45 AM
RE: Promoting this place a bit.
(18-08-2012 10:38 AM)Red Celt Wrote:  
(18-08-2012 10:21 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I'm also not taking a shot at anyone, nor am I addressing anyone specific, so I apologize if I came off that way. I simply wish to explain what this forum is about.

And for further clarification, I'm not trying to be a rabble-rouser. I just have thoughts that I tend to share. They're not always popular thoughts, but honesty has always trumped popularity to me; so I ask questions that some might not want asked. Try not to hate me... too much.

Hate you?? Quite the opposite. I like that you're not afraid to challenge. If no one asks the less than popular questions, we'll never get any answers.

Keep it up my friend.

[Image: StarkLord01.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
18-08-2012, 11:08 AM
(18-08-2012 10:43 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  It has gotten here under my philosophies, and with the input of all the members to some degree. I lean hard on the staff here to keep me in check and reasonable. But how we would handle a situation like you described above has yet to be seen. I suppose it's a "cross that bridge when we come to it" kind of scenario.

It's safe to say that you've done a good job so far.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-08-2012, 11:11 AM
(18-08-2012 09:28 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(18-08-2012 09:22 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Without the theists, how would Chas, Bucky, Buddy et al get their regular therapeutic cathartics?

Well, I'd still have Luminon. Drinking Beverage

It seems to me you're the reason he sticks around. It's kind of like you're Batman and he's Joker. You both need each other to exist.

[Image: Batman-and-The-Joker-batman-1420986-1280-1024.jpg]

Or should I have said you're the Joker? Consider

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
18-08-2012, 01:42 PM
(18-08-2012 10:43 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I do promise one thing to you all......if I fuck this place up, tell me and i'l walk away. First and foremost, I want this forum to be a success, regardless of any personal agenda I may have.

Oh sure. You say that now, but when it comes time to actually give up power ... Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
18-08-2012, 01:49 PM
(18-08-2012 01:42 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(18-08-2012 10:43 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I do promise one thing to you all......if I fuck this place up, tell me and i'l walk away. First and foremost, I want this forum to be a success, regardless of any personal agenda I may have.

Oh sure. You say that now, but when it comes time to actually give up power ... Consider

Done it once already, and I'll do it again if it's what's best for the forum.

Plus a plan for adding a co-admin is in the works. That way I am not a "dictator" so to speak.

[Image: StarkLord01.gif]
18-08-2012, 02:06 PM (This post was last modified: 18-08-2012 02:22 PM by GirlyMan.)
(18-08-2012 10:29 AM)Red Celt Wrote:  What would happen if a lot of theists joined the forum? ...

Just curious.

Most wouldn't have a fucking prayer of lasting here. They would quickly be reduced to tears muttering something about "silly childish intolerant fascist vulgar barbaric human trash garbage" (had to use the search function to find that gem from the late, not so great AbdelZ Wink ).

(18-08-2012 01:42 PM)Chas Wrote:  

He's done it once already. Evil clown that took up the mantle didn't like the job any better than Stark does. It's a thankless task.

(18-08-2012 10:38 AM)Red Celt Wrote:  And for further clarification, I'm not trying to be a rabble-rouser. I just have thoughts that I tend to share. They're not always popular thoughts, but honesty has always trumped popularity to me; so I ask questions that some might not want asked.

All opinions are welcome here. There's no question which can't be asked. Those which require introspection are especially useful.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
18-08-2012, 02:08 PM
(18-08-2012 01:49 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(18-08-2012 01:42 PM)Chas Wrote:  Oh sure. You say that now, but when it comes time to actually give up power ... Consider

Done it once already, and I'll do it again if it's what's best for the forum.

Plus a plan for adding a co-admin is in the works. That way I am not a "dictator" so to speak.

There's nothing scarier than a dictator who doesn't recognize humor ... Laughat

Where's that irony font I keep asking about?

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
18-08-2012, 02:09 PM
(18-08-2012 02:06 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Most wouldn't have a fucking prayer of lasting here. They would quickly be reduced to tears muttering something about "silly childish intolerant fascist vulgar barbaric human trash garbage" (had to use the search function to find that gem from the late, not so great AbdelZ Wink ).

Well, yeah, but if you happened to be offline at the time...? Wink
18-08-2012, 02:21 PM (This post was last modified: 18-08-2012 02:28 PM by GirlyMan.)
(18-08-2012 02:09 PM)Red Celt Wrote:  
(18-08-2012 02:06 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Most wouldn't have a fucking prayer of lasting here. They would quickly be reduced to tears muttering something about "silly childish intolerant fascist vulgar barbaric human trash garbage" (had to use the search function to find that gem from the late, not so great AbdelZ Wink ).

Well, yeah, but if you happened to be offline at the time...? Wink

Pretty sure there's always someone vulgar logged on here, Celt. Wink

(18-08-2012 02:08 PM)Chas Wrote:  Where's that irony font I keep asking about?

I found it for you once already. I agree it's not particularly visually satisfying.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
18-08-2012, 03:13 PM
(18-08-2012 02:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(18-08-2012 02:09 PM)Red Celt Wrote:  Well, yeah, but if you happened to be offline at the time...? Wink

Pretty sure there's always someone vulgar logged on here, Celt. Wink

(18-08-2012 02:08 PM)Chas Wrote:  Where's that irony font I keep asking about?

I found it for you once already. I agree it's not particularly visually satisfying.

How did I post that post? Very funny stuff.

But, yeah, I think we need something with more oomph.