Promoting this place a bit.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-08-2012, 05:07 PM
RE: Promoting this place a bit.
(18-08-2012 02:08 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(18-08-2012 01:49 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Done it once already, and I'll do it again if it's what's best for the forum.

Plus a plan for adding a co-admin is in the works. That way I am not a "dictator" so to speak.

There's nothing scarier than a dictator who doesn't recognize humor ... Laughat

Where's that irony font I keep asking about?

You are far too terse and deadly to take the risk that you are joking. Fuck, you even intimidate me, and I'm the one lugging around the ban hammer!

Just visiting.

-SR
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-08-2012, 05:14 PM
(18-08-2012 05:07 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(18-08-2012 02:08 PM)Chas Wrote:  There's nothing scarier than a dictator who doesn't recognize humor ... Laughat

Where's that irony font I keep asking about?

You are far too terse and deadly to take the risk that you are joking. Fuck, you even intimidate me, and I'm the one lugging around the ban hammer!

My apologies, Your Supreme Starkness. Bowing

The lines usually sound good in my head, but this is not the first time terse humor has gone unrecognized.

Note to all: if there is a smiley, the post is usually good-natured or at least well-intentioned. If there are multiple smileys, you can bet it is. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
18-08-2012, 05:19 PM
Anyway, about Seth and this place:

I think all of us would like it if he would mention us and promote us more. We need a fresh flow of new members to continue to keep this place growing. The members are, obviously, the reason why this place is so great, so I would hate for potential great members to not be here because they simply didn't know about it.

Not to mention, there are some great discussions here that are very podcast worthy. I just think there is a load of potential here for Seth to use.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
18-08-2012, 05:48 PM (This post was last modified: 18-08-2012 05:57 PM by GirlyMan.)
(18-08-2012 05:19 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Anyway, about Seth and this place:

I think all of us would like it if he would mention us and promote us more.

Not me. Seth's doing his own thing and tolerating us as squatters. Thanks brother. Thumbsup Someone comes to TTA they see there is a forum section. It should probably have a tooltip over the button which says "Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" but other than that I don't see a problem. You find your way here or you don't, no biggie either way, certainly no reason to advertise that I can see. Winding up here accidentally makes for a far more interesting story than a recommendation. ... At least that's how I found myself here.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
18-08-2012, 06:36 PM

I think all of us would like it if he would mention us and promote us more. We need a fresh flow of new members to continue to keep this place growing. The members are, obviously, the reason why this place is so great, so I would hate for potential great members to not be here because they simply didn't know about it.

Not to mention, there are some great discussions here that are very podcast worthy. I just think there is a load of potential here for Seth to use.

Might you be able to point me toward some specifics?
(also, did you run out of pictures of dogs in an upturned manner?)

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
18-08-2012, 06:57 PM
(18-08-2012 06:36 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  

lol too much of a good thing can be bad.

And, there is just so many deep conversations in A&T that it's hard to point you toward anything specific. The real life talks with theists are a good example, though.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
18-08-2012, 07:01 PM
(18-08-2012 06:36 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  

D'uh!

The Masturbation and Boobs threads... obviously!

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
18-08-2012, 07:16 PM
Promoting this place a bit.
(18-08-2012 05:14 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(18-08-2012 05:07 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  You are far too terse and deadly to take the risk that you are joking. Fuck, you even intimidate me, and I'm the one lugging around the ban hammer!

My apologies, Your Supreme Starkness. Bowing

The lines usually sound good in my head, but this is not the first time terse humor has gone unrecognized.

Note to all: if there is a smiley, the post is usually good-natured or at least well-intentioned. If there are multiple smileys, you can bet it is. Yes

What if your smile is ironic?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
18-08-2012, 07:18 PM
(18-08-2012 07:01 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(18-08-2012 06:36 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Might you be able to point me toward some specifics?

D'uh!

The Masturbation and Boobs threads... obviously!

Okay then... Confused
I suppose you did run out of dogs?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
18-08-2012, 07:42 PM
(18-08-2012 04:33 AM)DLJ Wrote:  The OP asked for promotional suggestions. It may be incidental but I've been involved in Marketing long enough to know that one should not let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Ah, yes; the real 1st commandment. Wink

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 2 users Like kim's post