Promoting this place a bit.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-08-2012, 07:46 PM
RE: Promoting this place a bit.
(18-08-2012 07:16 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(18-08-2012 05:14 PM)Chas Wrote:  My apologies, Your Supreme Starkness. Bowing

The lines usually sound good in my head, but this is not the first time terse humor has gone unrecognized.

Note to all: if there is a smiley, the post is usually good-natured or at least well-intentioned. If there are multiple smileys, you can bet it is. Yes

What if your smile is ironic?

Oh, c'mon. You know I'm not that smart or subtle.No

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-08-2012, 08:04 PM
(18-08-2012 07:18 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(18-08-2012 07:01 PM)DLJ Wrote:  D'uh!

The Masturbation and Boobs threads... obviously!

Okay then... Confused
I suppose you did run out of dogs?

Heh, do you really want more dogs?

[Image: vjp09.gif]
Find all posts by this user
18-08-2012, 08:11 PM (This post was last modified: 18-08-2012 10:37 PM by kim.)
(18-08-2012 10:29 AM)Red Celt Wrote:  What would happen if a lot of theists joined the forum? And by "a lot" I mean enough so that atheists were in the minority. What if 90% of those posting here were Christians who had been encouraged to join the ranks in order to evangelise the true meaning of Christ's love? A kind of mass-event, organised by a pastor somewhere who had decided that the internet just has too many atheists on it... and that this masterplan will get him closer to his God?

The place becomes so theist-infested that all of the atheists leave... apart from you?

Interesting. I've actually thought of this myself. And reading this causes me to smile such a naughty smile to myself as I recall my past battles on this very forum. And I'm only just approaching my 1st year anniversary here.

Anybody got a link to oh... shit... someone besides Abdelz -- OH!! Girly - remember that MegaMasterbater guy... the one who decided god was real because he kept scoring high playing some Yugio game? Oh godfuckingdamn - good times. Shy

Some of us live in a 90% Theist world which we leave to come here. I'm pretty sure we've staked our claim and would be hard pressed to give it up so easily.

A Theist infestation? Ha ha ha ha ... Bring it. Evil_monster

Like I said - good times. http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...7#pid54217

There is no shame in not knowing. The problem arises when irrational thought and attendant behavior fill the vacuum left by ignorance. ~ Neil deGrasse Tyson
Perception is up for grabs, and truth seems to be the one precious thing, that no one wants anyone to find.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
18-08-2012, 08:22 PM
Promoting this place a bit.
(18-08-2012 08:11 PM)kim Wrote:  
(18-08-2012 10:29 AM)Red Celt Wrote:  What would happen if a lot of theists joined the forum? And by "a lot" I mean enough so that atheists were in the minority. What if 90% of those posting here were Christians who had been encouraged to join the ranks in order to evangelise the true meaning of Christ's love? A kind of mass-event, organised by a pastor somewhere who had decided that the internet just has too many atheists on it... and that this masterplan will get him closer to his God?

The place becomes so theist-infested that all of the atheists leave... apart from you?

Interesting. I've actually thought of this myself. And reading this causes me to smile such a naughty smile to myself as I recall my past battles on this very forum. And I'm only just approaching my 1st year anniversary here.

Anybody got a link to oh... shit... someone besides Abdelz -- OH!! Girly - remember that MegaMasterbater guy... the one who decided god was real because he kept scoring high playing some Yugio game? Oh godfuckingdamn - good times. Shy

Some of us live in a 90% Theist world which we leave to come here. I'm pretty sure we've staked our claim and would be hard pressed to give it up so easily.

A Theist infestation? Ha ha ha ha ... Bring it. Evil_monster

Like I said - good times. http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...-Christian

And the reverse could happen. I used to know some paranoid folks who worried that outsiders would come en masse to join and take over a church. We might want to get together and do that sometime. Consider

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
18-08-2012, 08:27 PM
(18-08-2012 08:04 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(18-08-2012 07:18 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Okay then... Confused
I suppose you did run out of dogs?

Heh, do you really want more dogs?

Not entirely, but those poor, inverted dogs did bring an odd spot of light into my day.

The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries:
Number 14. "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?"
18-08-2012, 08:36 PM
(18-08-2012 08:27 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(18-08-2012 08:04 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Heh, do you really want more dogs?

Not entirely, but those poor, inverted dogs did bring an odd spot of light into my day.

I shall make a collection thread, then.

Smile

18-08-2012, 08:40 PM
(18-08-2012 08:36 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(18-08-2012 08:27 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Not entirely, but those poor, inverted dogs did bring an odd spot of light into my day.

I shall make a collection thread, then.

Smile

No, don't do that.
Less is more.
I like what you did before, using the inverted canines as punctuation; as a reality check... meaning "this thread is getting out of control". Too many and the impact will be lost.

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
18-08-2012, 08:46 PM
(18-08-2012 08:40 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(18-08-2012 08:36 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I shall make a collection thread, then.

Smile

No, don't do that.
Less is more.
I like what you did before, using the inverted canines as punctuation; as a reality check... meaning "this thread is getting out of control". Too many and the impact will be lost.

[Image: 226241_2043459243705_2953579_n.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
18-08-2012, 09:01 PM
(18-08-2012 08:46 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(18-08-2012 08:40 PM)DLJ Wrote:  No, don't do that.
Less is more.

[Image: 226241_2043459243705_2953579_n.jpg]

Point taken.

19-08-2012, 07:15 AM
Morning, my friends.

Of course I haven't forgotten my Forum peeps! But things are crazy. I'm trying to get the FreeOK2 speeches in and uploaded, working on the next podcasts, prepping for live speeches in Denver, Lexington and Little Rock, and I'm working on new video (that's giving me some trouble). So it's been crazy.

But I'm so glad you're here. I'm tremendously grateful for our forum admin, who keeps the machine purring and has been AMAZING for the TTA community. And I'll make sure and give my forum users a shout out on Facebook and in the next podcast.

All my best. And thanks again for being here. Smile

-Seth

Seth Andrews
TTA Founder and Host
YouTube Facebook BlogTalkRadio
[+] 15 users Like Editor-TheThinkingAtheist's post