Proof Moses was not instructed by God.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-05-2015, 02:04 AM
Proof Moses was not instructed by God.
Interesting proof that Moses was being instructed by God.
According to Numbers, Moses claimed that God instructed him to attack the Midianites and destroy them. They killed all including women children and infants except 2030 Virgins that they took ownership of. (they were listed in the spoils of war, along with the animals of course.)
So either;
1. God instructed Moses to destroy the Medianites to take their land animals and virgins. And he was ok with the slaughter of women and children, and lets face it the sexual assault of over 2000 virgins. (seriously, why save the virgins and kill the children and other women)
or
2. Moses was making it all up for his benefit and benefit of his people.

If a believer wants to believe the first they have to accept the God they worship has instructed horrible acts, and would be convicted as a war criminal today.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Eugryan's post
11-05-2015, 02:51 AM
RE: Proof Moses was not instructed by God.
Or believer can dismiss this particular story, or say that what Moses done should be looked in historical context, or say this was in the OT so it don't really matter as there is NT.

Also if believers can say that flood was nothing wrong, then such low body count probably won't matter to them.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
11-05-2015, 05:19 AM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2015 05:25 AM by TheInquisition.)
Everything YHWH did in the OT can be excused by Christians.

I find the ten commandments to be proof that this god didn't know what the hell he was doing.

Moses fled from Egypt after killing someone, why did he flee if no one was aware it was bad to kill someone? It seems the Egyptians were going to likely kill him for killing that guard that was beating the Hebrew slave. I guess they had their own set of commandments before YHWH wrote them on those tablets. Consider

The Egyptians had already figured out one of the most reasonable commandments of the original 10.

Odd that no commandments against slavery were issued from YHWH after the Hebrews had just fled from slavery in Egypt. Wasn't that what the whole plague thingy was about? And nothing reflected in the commandments about this?

But god made sure your weren't going to work on the Sabbath though!

Go home YHWH, you're drunk.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 6 users Like TheInquisition's post
11-05-2015, 05:43 AM
Ten Commandments is way too many.

You really only need one.

1. Thou shalt not be an asshole.

That pretty much covers everything, it's easy to remember - and you could put it on a t-shirt.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
11-05-2015, 05:56 AM
Virgins smirgins. Foreskins are more Tit-illating. Facepalm .. Weeping
1 Samuel 18:27 "David took his men with him and went out and killed two hundred Philistines and brought back their foreskins. They counted out the full number to the king so that David might become the king's son-in-law.

How many are you worth ? Rolleyes

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
11-05-2015, 07:20 AM
the bible really is bat shit crazy.
I am listening along with the podcast thomas and the bible. Dont think i could actually sit down and read it myself.
Reading (or to be pedantic listening to the bible being read to you) does make the best atheists.
[+] 1 user Likes Eugryan's post
11-05-2015, 07:26 AM
Proof Moses wasn't instructed by god:

1) There is no evidence for a god.

Problem solved.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
11-05-2015, 07:39 AM
(11-05-2015 05:19 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Everything YHWH did in the OT can be excused by Christians.

I find the ten commandments to be proof that this god didn't know what the hell he was doing.

Moses fled from Egypt after killing someone, why did he flee if no one was aware it was bad to kill someone? It seems the Egyptians were going to likely kill him for killing that guard that was beating the Hebrew slave. I guess they had their own set of commandments before YHWH wrote them on those tablets. Consider

The Egyptians had already figured out one of the most reasonable commandments of the original 10.

Odd that no commandments against slavery were issued from YHWH after the Hebrews had just fled from slavery in Egypt. Wasn't that what the whole plague thingy was about? And nothing reflected in the commandments about this?

Good points! I also find it interesting that the Code of Hammurabi (written at an earlier date) has some striking similarities to Moses and his commandments. Consider
11-05-2015, 07:44 AM
(11-05-2015 07:39 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(11-05-2015 05:19 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Everything YHWH did in the OT can be excused by Christians.

Good points! I also find it interesting that the Code of Hammurabi (written at an earlier date) has some striking similarities to Moses and his commandments. Consider

In the sense that everything carried the death sentence... Big Grin

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
11-05-2015, 08:23 AM
(11-05-2015 07:20 AM)Eugryan Wrote:  the bible really is bat shit crazy.
I am listening along with the podcast thomas and the bible. Dont think i could actually sit down and read it myself.
Reading (or to be pedantic listening to the bible being read to you) does make the best atheists.

It's just a book. Bloody and about hypocritical tyrant but still. Crazy would be person looking for morals there Wink

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.