Proof Moses was not instructed by God.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-05-2015, 02:03 PM
RE: Proof Moses was not instructed by God.
(23-05-2015 01:09 PM)Matt Finney Wrote:  .
Also, if not god, then who is granting/denying permission?

Is that a serious question? Get god on the phone for me, I'd like to ask him permission for something. Or should I just ask you for your interpretation of what somebody thinks god might think about it?

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
23-05-2015, 02:16 PM
(23-05-2015 02:03 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Is that a serious question? Get god on the phone for me, I'd like to ask him permission for something. Or should I just ask you for your interpretation of what somebody thinks god might think about it?

I don't believe in the existence of any kind of God....I thought I made that clear.

I also don't believe in the existence of any kind of absolute/objective/ultimate morality. I think we all just make it up. If you do believe in some kind of ultimate morality, the onus is you to explain it.
23-05-2015, 02:32 PM
(23-05-2015 02:16 PM)Matt Finney Wrote:  
(23-05-2015 02:03 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Is that a serious question? Get god on the phone for me, I'd like to ask him permission for something. Or should I just ask you for your interpretation of what somebody thinks god might think about it?

I don't believe in the existence of any kind of God....I thought I made that clear.

I also don't believe in the existence of any kind of absolute/objective/ultimate morality. I think we all just make it up. If you do believe in some kind of ultimate morality, the onus is you to explain it.

Your facetiousness eluded me then . My apologies, next round is on me.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
23-05-2015, 02:38 PM
(23-05-2015 10:58 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(23-05-2015 10:45 AM)Kestrel Wrote:  For whom?

For those who believe that if there is no god then everything is permitted. Sadly there is quite a few of such peoples.

Your position as a non-believer, I understand.

Q's position as a believer, I'm curious about.

"If you're going my way, I'll go with you."- Jim Croce
[+] 1 user Likes Kestrel's post
23-05-2015, 02:43 PM
(23-05-2015 02:38 PM)Kestrel Wrote:  
(23-05-2015 10:58 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  For those who believe that if there is no god then everything is permitted. Sadly there is quite a few of such peoples.

I think Q's position is somewhat easy to understand - he was indoctrinated into believing that Bible is god word and whatever god says is good this is good.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
23-05-2015, 03:30 PM
(23-05-2015 02:32 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Your facetiousness eluded me then . My apologies, next round is on me.

My apologies. I could have used better wording. (not much of a writer lol)
[+] 1 user Likes Matt Finney's post
23-05-2015, 03:50 PM
Quote:As for evil itself, I like what William Lane Craig wrote:

You would. You're both assholes, he just makes a lot more money at it.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
23-05-2015, 05:28 PM
(23-05-2015 02:38 PM)Kestrel Wrote:  
(23-05-2015 10:58 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  For those who believe that if there is no god then everything is permitted. Sadly there is quite a few of such peoples.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG! YOU'RE BACK! I MISSED YOU! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING? DID YOU BRING ME CAKE?

[Image: giphy.gif]
23-05-2015, 11:20 PM
(23-05-2015 03:30 PM)Matt Finney Wrote:  
(23-05-2015 02:32 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Your facetiousness eluded me then . My apologies, next round is on me.

My apologies. I could have used better wording. (not much of a writer lol)

Nah, I was kinda just posting on the fly there. I didn't take the time to know where you were coming from so the bad is on me man. You're cool.

~ Umberto Eco
24-05-2015, 07:24 AM
(23-05-2015 05:28 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG! YOU'RE BACK! I MISSED YOU! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING? DID YOU BRING ME CAKE?

Thumbsup It's good to be back. Thank you!
I trust that you and yours are well?

(There was cake....but... Blush ) Laughat

"If you're going my way, I'll go with you."- Jim Croce
[+] 1 user Likes Kestrel's post