Proof Moses was not instructed by God.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-05-2015, 08:26 AM
RE: Proof Moses was not instructed by God.
(11-05-2015 02:04 AM)Eugryan Wrote:  Interesting proof that Moses was being instructed by God.
According to Numbers, Moses claimed that God instructed him to attack the Midianites and destroy them. They killed all including women children and infants except 2030 Virgins that they took ownership of. (they were listed in the spoils of war, along with the animals of course.)
So either;
1. God instructed Moses to destroy the Medianites to take their land animals and virgins. And he was ok with the slaughter of women and children, and lets face it the sexual assault of over 2000 virgins. (seriously, why save the virgins and kill the children and other women)
or
2. Moses was making it all up for his benefit and benefit of his people.

If a believer wants to believe the first they have to accept the God they worship has instructed horrible acts, and would be convicted as a war criminal today.

or 3. Moses never existed in the first place.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
11-05-2015, 08:39 AM
(11-05-2015 08:26 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(11-05-2015 02:04 AM)Eugryan Wrote:  Interesting proof that Moses was being instructed by God.
According to Numbers, Moses claimed that God instructed him to attack the Midianites and destroy them. They killed all including women children and infants except 2030 Virgins that they took ownership of. (they were listed in the spoils of war, along with the animals of course.)
So either;
1. God instructed Moses to destroy the Medianites to take their land animals and virgins. And he was ok with the slaughter of women and children, and lets face it the sexual assault of over 2000 virgins. (seriously, why save the virgins and kill the children and other women)
or

If a believer wants to believe the first they have to accept the God they worship has instructed horrible acts, and would be convicted as a war criminal today.

or 3. Moses never existed in the first place.

Which according to the Wikipedia is more than possible.

However existence of Moses isn't proof for anything of substance.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
11-05-2015, 05:22 PM
(11-05-2015 08:26 AM)jennybee Wrote:  or 3. Moses never existed in the first place.

Dafuq you say?

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
12-05-2015, 02:27 AM
I heard from some jew in a video that gods laws only pertain to the Israelites or something like that. Also the original text said thou shall not murder jews or something like that.

So the 10 commandments do not pertain to the rest of us because they are for god's chosen people and regardless of what we do, since we are not the chosen people we go to hell anyway. lol.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
12-05-2015, 03:35 AM
(12-05-2015 02:27 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  I heard from some jew in a video that gods laws only pertain to the Israelites or something like that. Also the original text said thou shall not murder jews or something like that.

So the 10 commandments do not pertain to the rest of us because they are for god's chosen people and regardless of what we do, since we are not the chosen people we go to hell anyway. lol.

Well,
Quote: Judaism believes that observance of the Ten Commandments, and by extension, all the commandments of the Torah, are binding only upon the Jewish people. The only laws that non-Jews are required to observe are the seven Noahide laws, several of which overlap with the Ten Commandments.
at least according to Rabbi Ari Enkin.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
12-05-2015, 02:51 PM
Here is a short list of other people that said they've talked to god.

Melissa Miller
Melissa Miller, 41, was arrested for reckless driving after officials in Fort Pierce, Fla., clocked her doing 100 mph in a 30-mile zone. She told authorities God told her to drive that fast.

Levi Daniel Staver
Levi Daniel Staver was arrested for the fatal stabbing of his 76-year-old grandmother while she sat at her kitchen table during breakfast. He claimed the"Archangel Michael" made him do it.

Rachel Armstrong
Rachel Armstrong, 37, admitted to cops that she threw her 92-year-old grandmother to the ground and stomped on her because she feared the old woman was possessed by a demon.

Todd Bentley
Todd Bentley, the tattooed leader of Fresh Fire ministries, based in Florida, says God told him to kick a sick elderly woman in the face in order to heal her.
He also claims to have cured a man of cancer--and a broken sternum--by socking him in the chest.
At least one British Member of Parliament wants to ban the preacher from the UK for his violent "healing" tactics.

People make this clam all the time. It only matters when other people think you legit. and not bat shit crazy. It's that pack mentality we have. We don't want to be excluded from our group. Plus the motivation to see what happens when you don't side with them would keep even the most spiteful in line.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/news/god-t...-to-do-it/

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 5 users Like Commonsensei's post
12-05-2015, 06:57 PM
(12-05-2015 02:27 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  I heard from some jew in a video that gods laws only pertain to the Israelites or something like that. Also the original text said thou shall not murder jews or something like that.

I'll have to find links, but I've heard that for a while. Apparently we're not bound by the Commandments but by Noachide law.

Mostly the same shit.
12-05-2015, 07:09 PM
So either;
or

You're soon to encounter the Christian version of moral relativity -- the one which denies being relative even as it judges the acts of gods and men through different lenses.
13-05-2015, 10:12 AM
(11-05-2015 05:19 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Everything YHWH did in the OT can be excused by Christians.

I find the ten commandments to be proof that this god didn't know what the hell he was doing.

Moses fled from Egypt after killing someone, why did he flee if no one was aware it was bad to kill someone? It seems the Egyptians were going to likely kill him for killing that guard that was beating the Hebrew slave. I guess they had their own set of commandments before YHWH wrote them on those tablets. Consider

The Egyptians had already figured out one of the most reasonable commandments of the original 10.

Odd that no commandments against slavery were issued from YHWH after the Hebrews had just fled from slavery in Egypt. Wasn't that what the whole plague thingy was about? And nothing reflected in the commandments about this?

But god made sure your weren't going to work on the Sabbath though!

Go home YHWH, you're drunk.

Can we correct that to: "everything can be excused by the Bible" as that would be more accurate?

No, I'm not looking up the passage in question. Yes, I'm assuming they followed the 30-day mourning period before marrying the virgins as opposed to "assaulting them". Hey, Mars Needs Women, I guess the Israelites did as well.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-05-2015, 10:14 AM
(12-05-2015 03:35 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  

Well,
Quote: Judaism believes that observance of the Ten Commandments, and by extension, all the commandments of the Torah, are binding only upon the Jewish people. The only laws that non-Jews are required to observe are the seven Noahide laws, several of which overlap with the Ten Commandments.
at least according to Rabbi Ari Enkin.

BOTH testaments say in numerous places, "...Those who trust in the Lord will not be put to shame." Anyone who trusts God will be saved. The Bible doesn't say, "Those Jews who trust in the Lord will not be put to shame."

As an aside, verses like these indicate that not all Jews are saved. They have to trust in the Lord, same as the Gentiles. Take that, Rabbis! Angel

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user