F = Faith
A = Authority
R = Revelation
T = Tradition

That is all.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
08-03-2013, 07:03 AM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2013 07:38 AM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Proof? Whats hell is that!?
(08-03-2013 06:38 AM)DLJ Wrote:  There are 4 proofs for gods.

It's proof by Hot Air:

F = Faith
A = Authority
R = Revelation
T = Tradition

That is all.

That. Brilliant.

(05-03-2013 10:42 AM)Impulse Wrote:  That was such a leap, I'm surprised you survived the fall. ... Anything humans create is made of materials humans did not create.

That was quite a leap but your premise don't hold. How about all of mathematics and logic and all abstract concepts for that matter. And if they're conveyed orally, we don't even need any external material to share them.

(07-03-2013 12:58 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Feel free to "run the gauntlet" and either a) prove you exist

Nope. Can't do that one. Descartes tried and failed. Even Girly was able to pick apart the Cogito while still a teenager.

(07-03-2013 12:58 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  b) prove I exist

Can't prove a), no point trying to prove b).

(07-03-2013 12:58 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  c) give evidence there is no God

Got no negative evidence but can prove it.

If there was an omnipresent, omniscient, omnibenevolent deity responsible for all there was, all there is, and all there will be, it'd've shown itself by now instead of subjecting its children to confusion and dismay and doubt and cognitive dissonance and relying on irrational "faith" and all sorta other psychological trauma (being omnibenevolent and whatnot).
It ain't shown itself.
Ergo, there ain't one.

So which attribute of your God you wanna give up? KC gives up omnibenevolence. Fair enough but then naturalism would seem sufficient. Why posit additional external influences when they ain't necessary?

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post