Proof and Evidence; Unilaterally Undeniable

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-09-2015, 09:42 AM
RE: Proof and Evidence; Unilaterally Undeniable
(17-09-2015 07:17 AM)ahp2015 Wrote:  
(17-09-2015 07:10 AM)unfogged Wrote:  Do you have any actual evidence that there is a god? You'd be the first.

Oki doke; forgive the misspelled transliterations - work with me, huh?

A'udhu billa minashatanir rajeem

I seek refuge with Allah from Satan the accursed.

Bismillah ihr Rahman ihr Raheem

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

Only one book on the planet that starts that way

Seriously? That's your evidence?
It was a dark and stormy night...
Call me Ismael...
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times....

The book is the claim, not the evidence. Many books claim many things but it makes no sense to just believe everything you read. Please provide verifiable evidence that supports your beliefs.

(17-09-2015 05:16 AM)ahp2015 Wrote:  When was it first noted of the existence of 7 layers to our atmosphere...?

There's a good starting point. When I search for "layers of the atmosphere" I find many sites that describe them. Most divide it into 5 layers, some 4, some 6. The fact is that the number of layers depends on what criteria you are using and what you are focused on. We break things down and label them for convenience but the reality is less ordered than that.

Once you've shown that there really are 7 layers we can look at whether or not your book is actually talking about that or if you are just interpreting it that way to make it fit your preconceptions.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
17-09-2015, 11:17 AM
The Koran also states sperm come from the backbone its no more enlightened or true than any other holy book as well as being highly misogynistic homophobic etc, listen fella we hear these tired old arguments and apologetics all the time so unless you have anything better this is a waste of your time and ours. You are not more enlightened you and your unsubstantiated beliefs are dinosaurs and you don't know any divine truth. I suspect that you are here to proselytize and wind up what you call kaffir which is insulting so put up or shut up
17-09-2015, 11:19 AM
(17-09-2015 09:38 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(17-09-2015 09:23 AM)ahp2015 Wrote:  حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ بَشَّارِ بْنِ عُثْمَانَ الْعَبْدِيُّ، حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، - يَعْنِي ابْنَ سَعِيدٍ - وَابْنُ أَبِي عَدِيٍّ عَنْ سُلَيْمَانَ، - وَهُوَ التَّيْمِيُّ - عَنْ أَنَسِ بْنِ مَالِكٍ، عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ، عَنِ النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ ‏ "‏ قَالَ اللَّهُ عَزَّ وَجَلَّ إِذَا تَقَرَّبَ عَبْدِي مِنِّي شِبْرًا تَقَرَّبْتُ مِنْهُ ذِرَاعًا وَإِذَا تَقَرَّبَ مِنِّي ذِرَاعًا تَقَرَّبْتُ مِنْهُ بَاعًا - أَوْ بُوعًا - وَإِذَا أَتَانِي يَمْشِي أَتَيْتُهُ هَرْوَلَةً ‏"‏ ‏.‏

That's a shame. I thought you were going to give me something substantial.

The writing's pretty cool. Angel

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
17-09-2015, 11:54 AM
ohhhh how did I miss this? No one sent me a PM? Angry

What have we here? What flavor of delusion are we experiencing this time? Sorry too busy to read to the end, and the first 20 posts he made are to nonsensical to make heads or tails....do I have a new muslim to thrash? Consider or Christian? Consider before I take my new chew toy to task I need to know which kool aid he is infected with...

Does he believe in the pedo prophet Muhammad or the fabricated hero-god construct of jesus?

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
17-09-2015, 12:01 PM (This post was last modified: 17-09-2015 12:11 PM by goodwithoutgod.)
(17-09-2015 07:44 AM)ahp2015 Wrote:  
(17-09-2015 07:39 AM)Banjo Wrote:  That is the straight and narrow. I can forgive the Yanks because they grow up immersed in this stupid shit. But an Australian? You are a moron. God is a product of ancient imagination and wishful thinking. I cannot forgive a modern Australian for believing such obvious BS. I am frankly ashamed of you.

Fuck off idiot.

Prove he does not exist...

Prove that he does. The presenter of the BS concept must present the supporting evidence. If I tell you that I have a purple bigfoot in my back yard, and you say, no way, it would not be the correct position for me to exclaim, "prove he doesn't exist".

We can sit around and make up shit all day long, the litmus test for truth isn't "prove he doesn't exist, if you can't that is because he does."

Norrg is the creator of all life, and resides in hollow Neptune, prove he doesn't exist....see how that works?

ahhhhh here we go...

(17-09-2015 08:32 AM)ahp2015 Wrote:  
(17-09-2015 08:21 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Mo said (allegedly) that everything was at the will of allah hence a deterministic faith evolved ... hence all the raping and killing ('cos y'know, allahu akbar etc.).

Can you elaborate? That's a very sharp statement from one with any knowledge. Do you have sources? Are they verified? Are existential proofs, available today, refutable? If so, how?

"Prophet make war on the unbelievers and the hypocrites and deal rigorously with them. Hell shall be their home." (Surah 9:73)

"Slay them wherever you find them...Idolatry is worse than carnage...Fight against them until idolatry is no more and God's religion reigns supreme." (Surah 2:190-)

"Believers, make war on the infidels who dwell around you. Deal firmly with them." (Surah 9:121-)

"Fight for the cause of God with the devotion due to Him...He has given you the name of Muslims..." (Surah 22:78-)

"Blessed are the believers...who restrain their carnal desires (except with their wives and slave-girls, for these are lawful to them)...These are the heirs of Paradise..." (Surah 23:1-5-)

""Muhammad is God's apostle. Those who follow him are ruthless to the unbelievers but merciful to one another." (Surah 48:29)

"Fighting is obligatory for you, much as you dislike it." (Surah 2:216)

"Believers, do not make friends with any but your own people...They desire nothing but your ruin....You believe in the entire Book...When they meet you they say: 'We, too, are believers.' But when alone, they bite their finger-tips with rage." (Surah 3:118, 119)

"Forbidden to you are...married women, except those you own as slaves." (Surah 4:20-, 24-)

Seek out your enemies relentlessly." (Surah 4:103-)

"Make war on them until idolatry shall cease and God's religion shall reign supreme." (Surah 8:36-)

"It ill becomes the idolaters [non-Muslims] to visit the mosques of God..." (Surah 9:17)

"If you do not fight, He will punish you sternly, and replace you by other men." (Surah 9:37-)

Anything else I can help you with?

I have a question in return...why follow a pedophile "prophet"?

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
17-09-2015, 12:22 PM
For hundreds of years during Islams Golden Age they welcome scientific knowledge then poof, it died off.

“The various Quranic injunctions and Hadith, which place values on education and emphasize the importance of acquiring knowledge, played a vital role in influencing the Muslims of this age in their search for knowledge and the development of the body of science.”

What a different world we would be living in if religious fanaticism hadn’t replaced what was started by Harun al-Rashid (pbuh).

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
17-09-2015, 12:52 PM (This post was last modified: 17-09-2015 12:56 PM by DLJ.)
(17-09-2015 11:54 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  ...
do I have a new muslim to thrash?

My reading is that you have a current or ex-druggie who has suffered much trauma and pain in his life and has found a spark of hope in the positive (revisionist) messages from a community of believers ... doing his best to learn what to think ... but no desire / will / ability to learn how to think.

There was a hint, which you may have missed, that he's only been studying the texts for 6 months i.e. a novice compared to you.

Go gently there bruiser.

Wink

ps. Then again, my reading of people is famously shit. Blush

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
17-09-2015, 01:15 PM
(17-09-2015 12:52 PM)DLJ Wrote:  ps. Then again, my reading of people is famously shit. Blush

Yea, it may be shit, but at least it's always generous.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
17-09-2015, 01:20 PM
(17-09-2015 07:34 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(17-09-2015 07:28 AM)ahp2015 Wrote:  What do you believe?

Quote:I believe an eleven bus will take me to Hammersmith. I don't believe it's driven by Father Christmas.

The Number 11 London Bus

That's all I got. Undecided

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
17-09-2015, 10:14 PM
(17-09-2015 04:28 AM)ahp2015 Wrote:  yet you failed comprehension...

You failed to write anything comprehensible you stupid fuck.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]