Proof and Evidence; Unilaterally Undeniable

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-09-2015, 06:32 AM
RE: Proof and Evidence; Unilaterally Undeniable
(18-09-2015 06:12 AM)ahp2015 Wrote:  
(18-09-2015 05:37 AM)ahp2015 Wrote:  as I said, it depends on what you are focused on and what criteria you use

http://ds9.ssl.berkeley.edu/LWS_GEMS/3/layers.htm - 6 layers: skips the magnetosphere
http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/sunear...yers2.html - same 6 layers
http://www.srh.noaa.gov/jetstream/atmos/layers.htm - 5 layers: skips ionosphere and magnetosphere
https://eo.ucar.edu/basics/wx_1_b.html - same 5 layers

What does your book actually say to define the 7 layers?

That it was, subjectively, written some 1436 years ago when science was unavailable to yield such an answer at the time. What of it? Or do the black and white facts escape you?

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...004AARXJgM

Nothing there describes the layers of the atmosphere or shows that the people that wrote that were attempting to describe those layers. They were incorporating older mythology about the seven heavens and what each contains into their own explanation of the universe as they thought it might be. You'd have to be extremely gullible to think that they were demonstrating knowledge of Earth's atmosphere and its immediate environs. It's a desperate claim from people unable to admit that their belief has no rational basis.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
18-09-2015, 06:32 AM
Special thanks to DLJ and houseofcantor.

I've been fortunate indeed to take a sample experience with those of different intellectual persuasions. An interesting experiment that I daren't repeat. In deed, a one off scalding to challenge my own beliefs against those with significantly more knowledge than myself. Individually and collectively.

Despite nearly turning myself inside out (more than I already am) in trying to understand new and foreign concepts, I've returned to my state of mind prior to contacting thinking Atheists. Entirely happy with the knowledge that I have that has withstood vigorous, intelligent, criticism.

I was indeed forced to think. Thank you.
[+] 2 users Like ahp2015's post
18-09-2015, 06:36 AM
Huh, well that's a new one. Undecided Go well ahp2015.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
18-09-2015, 06:39 AM
(18-09-2015 06:19 AM)ahp2015 Wrote:  
(18-09-2015 06:16 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Oh do you. BTW, where is hell?

Not sure, I can tell you how to get there though...

You can give instructions to find a fictional place? You should work at Disney!

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
18-09-2015, 06:41 AM
(18-09-2015 06:32 AM)unfogged Wrote:  Nothing there describes the layers of the atmosphere or shows that the people that wrote that were attempting to describe those layers. They were incorporating older mythology about the seven heavens and what each contains into their own explanation of the universe as they thought it might be. You'd have to be extremely gullible to think that they were demonstrating knowledge of Earth's atmosphere and its immediate environs. It's a desperate claim from people unable to admit that their belief has no rational basis.

What knowledge do you have of Arabic? Let alone Qur'anic Arabic.

Come back when you have the understanding of the original language. I'm 6 months in...
18-09-2015, 06:47 AM
(18-09-2015 06:41 AM)ahp2015 Wrote:  
(18-09-2015 06:32 AM)unfogged Wrote:  Nothing there describes the layers of the atmosphere or shows that the people that wrote that were attempting to describe those layers. They were incorporating older mythology about the seven heavens and what each contains into their own explanation of the universe as they thought it might be. You'd have to be extremely gullible to think that they were demonstrating knowledge of Earth's atmosphere and its immediate environs. It's a desperate claim from people unable to admit that their belief has no rational basis.

Come back when you have the understanding of the original language. I'm 6 months in...

I'm a qualified priest. Big woop.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
18-09-2015, 07:00 AM
(18-09-2015 06:47 AM)Banjo Wrote:  I'm a qualified priest. Big woop.

I'm a seventh generation onion-licker Smile

My whoop > your whoop

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
18-09-2015, 08:59 AM
I'll whip your whoop with my poop.

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
18-09-2015, 09:08 AM
(18-09-2015 08:59 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I'll whip your whoop with my poop.

You're disgusting Angry

18-09-2015, 09:10 AM
(18-09-2015 06:41 AM)ahp2015 Wrote:  

None, nor do I have any desire to learn it. If your god can't make himself understood in any language then it's not much of a god now is it? Arabic may have nuances that don't always translate well but the same is true for any language. Can you show that the book actually identifies each of the atmospheric layers using attributes that match it closely and accurately?

There is interesting, even profound, writings in many languages from many times. None of it demonstrates knowledge that a person of the time and place could not have had. It only seems that way when you approach it with the presupposition that that is the case.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post