Proof by Hot Air... FART

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-03-2012, 07:30 PM
Proof by Hot Air... FART
Inspired by the "Oh Yeah! Prove it!" thread and in celebration of my first lunaversary on this site I would like to start this thread to collect all the arguments you good people have come across, heard or (if you are a faither) used as proof of the existence of god(s).

I'm somewhat averse to word-walls so may a respectfully ask for adherence to the following format:

Each reply to be headed by one of the following categories:

FART!
1) Proof by Faith
2) Proof by Authority
3) Proof by Revelation
4) Proof by Tradition

For example:
3) Proof by Revelation:
God said so! So, shut up!

One proof per post, please... short and sweet (or sour).

I guess some would call them face-palm moments but I'd like also a few of the more traditional arguments (ancient and modern) and also, but not obligatory, any well thought through refutations of these.

Thanks, in anticipation.
DLJ

ps. by extension, I'm interested in seeing if there are 'proofs' that cannot fit into one of those four categories.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-03-2012, 07:36 PM
RE: Proof by Hot Air... FART
I was drawn into this thread by the word 'fart'. You got me here under false pretences!! Farts are funny and this thread isn't. ***sad face***
Tongue

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 4 users Like aurora's post
11-03-2012, 07:39 PM
(11-03-2012 07:36 PM)aurora2020 Wrote:  I was drawn into this thread by the word 'fart'. You got me here under false pretences!! Farts are funny and this thread isn't. ***sad face***
Tongue

Mwahahahaha! Oldest trick in the book.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
11-03-2012, 07:45 PM
(11-03-2012 07:39 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(11-03-2012 07:36 PM)aurora2020 Wrote:  I was drawn into this thread by the word 'fart'. You got me here under false pretences!! Farts are funny and this thread isn't. ***sad face***
Tongue

I'd send you to the naughty chair but you don't seem as compliant as Erx Big Grin

11-03-2012, 11:11 PM
(11-03-2012 07:45 PM)aurora2020 Wrote:  
Tongue

I'd send you to the naughty chair but you don't seem as compliant as Erx Big Grin

I'm not sure if I should take that as a compliment or not. Dodgy

DLJ, have you described yourself as "old" elsewhere. Does that make you an Old Fart?

Oh, by the way, that's Proof by Tradition...it's tradition to call codgers, Old Farts. Big Grin

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
11-03-2012, 11:26 PM
(11-03-2012 11:11 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
Tongue

DLJ, have you described yourself as "old" elsewhere. Does that make you an Old Fart?

Oh, by the way, that's Proof by Tradition...it's tradition to call codgers, Old Farts. Big Grin

Compliment, Erx Smile

'Old farts' are good, 'stale farts' are not so good Dodgy

[+] 2 users Like aurora's post
12-03-2012, 01:55 AM
(11-03-2012 11:26 PM)aurora2020 Wrote:  
(11-03-2012 11:11 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
Tongue

Compliment, Erx Smile

'Old farts' are good, 'stale farts' are not so good Dodgy

I'm kinda stunned at how quickly this thread was derailed but hey, c'est lavie (or "it's a toilet" as we translate in Brit-speak).

Erx, "old" is relative. I think I'm somewhere between Mr Woof and mysticjbyrd... which is perhaps a dangerous position to be.

I'll take "old fart" over "stale fart" anyday... proof by revelation from aurora

12-03-2012, 03:32 AM
Where to start, there are so many. I will start with a short one because I am running late.

Proof by (faked) Authority.

"Oh yeah, oh yeah, well what about Titus Josephus, there is contemporary evidence of Jesus"
Sigh.

"Belief means not wanting to know what is true"
Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Eternal's post
12-03-2012, 06:40 AM
uhmm... this doesn't fit in those categories, so I'll make this category up Big Grin

proof by derp logic:

Something can not come from nothing, hence everything came from god, who came from nothing of course!
[Image: genius.png]

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
12-03-2012, 07:45 AM
I don't know what type of fallacy this is (mainly because I don't feel like looking for it), but some of my arguments with a few of you have gone like this:

TTA Member: This Christian position is wrong!
Me: Well, no. Look what the Bible says abou...
TTA Member: THE BIBLE IS FALSE!!!!!!!1111
Me: -_-

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]