Proof by Hot Air... FART

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-03-2012, 09:36 AM
RE: Proof by Hot Air... FART
(12-03-2012 07:45 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I don't know what type of fallacy this is (mainly because I don't feel like looking for it), but some of my arguments with a few of you have gone like this:

TTA Member: This Christian position is wrong!
Me: Well, no. Look what the Bible says abou...
TTA Member: THE BIBLE IS FALSE!!!!!!!1111
Me: -_-

It's a type of - false attribution fallacy. KC Wink
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2012, 09:36 AM
(12-03-2012 07:45 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I don't know what type of fallacy this is (mainly because I don't feel like looking for it), but some of my arguments with a few of you have gone like this:

But what are you expecting? That we have to believe in the bible to talk to you? Of course we think your position is wrong because the Bible is false. Or is it that they say it in CAPITAL letters that bothers you? Tongue

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
12-03-2012, 09:38 AM
(12-03-2012 09:36 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  

But what are you expecting? That we have to believe in the bible to talk to you? Of course we think your position is wrong because the Bible is false. Or is it that they say it in CAPITAL letters that bothers you? Tongue

No, it's the not holding the Shift Key all the way through is what bothers me.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
12-03-2012, 10:45 AM
(12-03-2012 06:40 AM)nach_in Wrote:  uhmm... this doesn't fit in those categories, so I'll make this category up Big Grin

proof by derp logic:

Something can not come from nothing, hence everything came from god, who came from nothing of course!
[Image: genius.png]

Good example, thanks.
I think that's Proof by Faith cos it takes a leap of faith to join the non sequitur.

12-03-2012, 10:47 AM
(12-03-2012 10:45 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Good example, thanks.
I think that's Proof by Faith cos it takes a leap of faith to join the non sequitur.

yeah! I didn't think of that, it would be a proof by faith you're right Big Grin

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
12-03-2012, 10:48 AM

Thanks.
I think this is Proof by Authority.
but there is a bit of Tradition in there too.
Had you said "look what the Quran says..." I think that would be Authority and Revelation.

Cheers

12-03-2012, 10:58 AM
I think y'all are misunderstanding me. People argue the validity of a theological belief based on what the Bible says and then say it's false if I use the scripture.

12-03-2012, 11:03 AM
(12-03-2012 10:58 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I think y'all are misunderstanding me. People argue the validity of a theological belief based on what the Bible says and then say it's false if I use the scripture.

Personally I have no objection to someone using scripture when it can be backed up by evidence. Using scripture as the only source for any argument or assertion is weak though.

"Belief means not wanting to know what is true"
Friedrich Nietzsche
12-03-2012, 11:05 AM
(12-03-2012 11:03 AM)Eternal Wrote:  
(12-03-2012 10:58 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I think y'all are misunderstanding me. People argue the validity of a theological belief based on what the Bible says and then say it's false if I use the scripture.

Personally I have no objection to someone using scripture when it can be backed up by evidence. Using scripture as the only source for any argument or assertion is weak though.

Evidence in what?

I'm talking in a theological stance: ie Calvinism / Arminianism

12-03-2012, 11:16 AM
(12-03-2012 11:05 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(12-03-2012 11:03 AM)Eternal Wrote:  

Evidence in what?

I'm talking in a theological stance: ie Calvinism / Arminianism

So, the distinction you are making is that a theological stance is not the same thing as proof... it's belief.
No argument from me.