Proof for God's existence

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-03-2017, 09:58 AM
RE: Proof for God's existence
(04-03-2017 02:03 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  Not Aquaman again. Someone on a previous forum was utterly obsessed with him, and parroted the 5 ways nonsense every chance he got. I endlessly pointed out all the problems with it, but he couldn't/wouldn't understand.

Most of all, he didn't understand that arguments are not evidence. Proofs are for abstract systems.

Hahaha! Henceforth Aquinas shall be called Aquaman, not the cool Jason Momoa one, the pathetic Super Friends one.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like TheInquisition's post
04-03-2017, 10:15 AM
Here's a thought. Don't let them start new threads until they come back to their Microphone drop drive by drivel, and at least try and address our questions.
[+] 5 users Like skyking's post
04-03-2017, 11:00 AM
(04-03-2017 06:33 AM)natachan Wrote:  I'm just gonna leave this here.

Awesome video, thanks!

I'm always stunned by people who think they can dictate to reality. "There can be no infinite regress! I won't allow it!"

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Robvalue's post
04-03-2017, 12:22 PM
The thing is, if "God" showed up and started interacting with us regularly, that would be evidence that "God" is real.

It wouldn't however be evidence that "God" is anything to do with the character in storybooks, or God as otherwise described by theists. There's nothing to compare "God" to, except extremely vague, often contradictory verbal accounts. Maybe this thing could confirm or deny any link to such accounts, although it would then need to provide evidence for any claims that it made.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Robvalue's post
04-03-2017, 05:10 PM
Robvalue Wrote:The thing is, if "God" showed up and started interacting with us regularly, that would be evidence that "God" is real.
Yes, thank you!!

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
[+] 1 user Likes Alla's post
05-03-2017, 03:30 PM
(04-03-2017 12:22 PM)Robvalue Wrote:  The thing is, if "God" showed up and started interacting with us regularly, that would be evidence that "God" is real.

Drinking Beverage

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
05-03-2017, 04:21 PM
The funniest part of me is these "proofs" for "God" always some pseudo-intellectual ramblings that if we even gave the benefit of the doubt would only "prove" the possiblity that there is some kind of higher power. It in no way ever proves the events recorded in the Bible or any specific "holy book" were real, yet it's almost always Christians that use these type of arguments and they always make the huge jump that these arguments = Jesus is real.
[+] 5 users Like ResidentEvilFan's post
06-03-2017, 01:56 PM
I'm still waiting for a "god" to instantly restore *lost* limbs, rather than simply change their length...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-P2w1B-rJo

The gullibility necessary to accept this hokum is breathtaking.

Disappointing theists since 1968
[+] 1 user Likes A. Secular Human's post
06-03-2017, 06:00 PM
If an undetectable god with unlimited power exists, then why can't two undetectable gods with unlimited power exist ?

If two exist, then why not more ?
Any reason why a billion undetectable gods with unlimited power can't exist ?

They all know what the others are going to do and each one cancels out any action that another might want to make, making their net effect on the universe, zero, just as if none of them existed in the first place.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
06-03-2017, 06:15 PM
(06-03-2017 06:00 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  If an undetectable god with unlimited power exists, then why can't two undetectable gods with unlimited power exist ?

Actually, if a God had all power, then there could be only one of him. More than one would have to split the powers. Of course if you think that way, then such an all-powerful God would actually be in control of everything we did and so couldn't blame us for any of it. Wink
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post