Proof of Heaven

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-01-2014, 08:31 AM
RE: Proof of Heaven
(26-01-2014 08:14 AM)docskeptic Wrote:  Purely for fun: what's your ideal heaven? Mine's a giant library, with an attached cheese and coffee shop and the ability to terminate existence at any time I choose.

Old port and baroque horns.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
26-01-2014, 08:45 AM
Valinor
Find all posts by this user
26-01-2014, 12:11 PM
http://www.esquire.com/features/the-prop...he-prophet

Doc, this guy went to heaven too! A neurosurgeon was seriously ill for a week and he recounts his story in his new book!

Seriously though, that guy is probably laughing all the way to the bank.

Everyday is judgement day. Use your judgement, use reason.
[+] 1 user Likes Freethought's post
26-01-2014, 12:13 PM
(26-01-2014 08:45 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Valinor

Hobbitgirl,
What's Valinor like?
Doc
26-01-2014, 01:10 PM
(26-01-2014 08:31 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(26-01-2014 08:14 AM)docskeptic Wrote:  Purely for fun: what's your ideal heaven? Mine's a giant library, with an attached cheese and coffee shop and the ability to terminate existence at any time I choose.

Old port and baroque horns.

If heaven was a bar, and the trinity was Hendrix, Page and Gilmour....eternity might be worth reconsidering.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
26-01-2014, 01:37 PM
(26-01-2014 12:11 PM)Freethought Wrote:  http://www.esquire.com/features/the-prop...he-prophet

Doc, this guy went to heaven too! A neurosurgeon was seriously ill for a week and he recounts his story in his new book!

Seriously though, that guy is probably laughing all the way to the bank.

And he's probably a strong candidate for the Templeton Prize. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-01-2014, 12:01 PM
It would be cool if I could time travel beyond my own paltry time on earth and watch events happen. Not just specific events but "fast forward" through things like evolutionary changes or the birth of stars and galaxies. Also to be unconstrained by medium such as water so I could move through the ocean realm unobserved while doing all the observing...an aquatic voyeur if you will.

How interesting it would be to "will" a meeting with either specific people or sentient beings from other places or time in the universe.

"So...wassup?"
" 9834r c3585utjasdndecbq xu3e;xn"
"Yeah, I see your point"

Big Grin

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
27-01-2014, 12:35 PM
(26-01-2014 12:13 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  
(26-01-2014 08:45 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Valinor

Hobbitgirl,
What's Valinor like?
Doc

Catholic Olympos.

... this is my signature!
27-01-2014, 01:05 PM
(27-01-2014 12:01 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  It would be cool if I could time travel beyond my own paltry time on earth and watch events happen. Not just specific events but "fast forward" through things like evolutionary changes or the birth of stars and galaxies. Also to be unconstrained by medium such as water so I could move through the ocean realm unobserved while doing all the observing...an aquatic voyeur if you will.

How interesting it would be to "will" a meeting with either specific people or sentient beings from other places or time in the universe.

"So...wassup?"
"Yeah, I see your point"

Big Grin

FC,
I thought the same. To be able to travel in time and space would be heaven indeed. See you at the Restaurant at the End of the Universe. I'll be wearing a shirt.

Doc
27-01-2014, 01:28 PM
(27-01-2014 01:05 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  
(27-01-2014 12:01 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  It would be cool if I could time travel beyond my own paltry time on earth and watch events happen. Not just specific events but "fast forward" through things like evolutionary changes or the birth of stars and galaxies. Also to be unconstrained by medium such as water so I could move through the ocean realm unobserved while doing all the observing...an aquatic voyeur if you will.

"So...wassup?"
"Yeah, I see your point"

Big Grin

FC,
I thought the same. To be able to travel in time and space would be heaven indeed. See you at the Restaurant at the End of the Universe. I'll be wearing a shirt.

Doc

This sounds great. Although sounds like a curse too, since you can watch but not help.

Atir aissom atir imon