Proof of Jesus?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-08-2012, 12:09 AM
Proof of Jesus?
http://www.christianforums.net/showthread.php?t=44243

Just a christian Forum Site I am on, and currently in a discourse with these users.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
09-08-2012, 10:29 AM
RE: Proof of Jesus?
Hmm... I'm curious to see how the debate goes. I might learn a few neat tricks here and there Smile

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
09-08-2012, 01:20 PM
(09-08-2012 12:09 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  http://www.christianforums.net/showthread.php?t=44243

Just a christian Forum Site I am on, and currently in a discourse with these users.

To toy with his mind I suggest you remove the requirement that he not use the Bible. Instead, allow him to use any parts of the Bible written during Jesus' lifetime (none). That might help him wake up to the fact that all of these myths arose decades after Jesus' death.
[+] 1 user Likes Jeff's post
09-08-2012, 01:47 PM
They seem to be lacking realistic concept on what "writing" was all about in those days.

You can't draw parallels to 2012 where some people even know 4 languages.

People where ILLITERATE back then
Language was not a standard
It is EXTREMELY unlikely that anyone whose writing mattered even encountered the person(s) they called Jesus.

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
15-08-2012, 08:39 AM
Faith is something that can not be proven at any point, therefore a person of faith asking other hosts of faith for proof to declare victory in an argument against people like us who accept only proof to underline anything as fact is a faux follower and not worth debating with, you have already won. A two-faced backwards masked believer is already a loser.

Leviticus does not justify stupidity, but it is more than enough to define corruption of the human mind.

[Image: 24851795.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Matthew Laramore's post
15-08-2012, 01:05 PM
(15-08-2012 08:39 AM)Matthew Laramore Wrote:  Faith is something that can not be proven at any point, therefore a person of faith asking other hosts of faith for proof to declare victory in an argument against people like us who accept only proof to underline anything as fact is a faux follower and not worth debating with, you have already won. A two-faced backwards masked believer is already a loser.

I concur.

It's kind of like someone who presumes the non-existence of something without doing any research and then, when faced with evidence for the contrary, they lash out into absurdities and ad hominem until they're blue in the face.

No real arguments can come from people that don't actually research both for and against any claim.

“What you believe to be true will control you, whether it’s true or not.”

—Jeremy LaBorde
[+] 1 user Likes ideasonscribe's post
15-08-2012, 01:10 PM
(15-08-2012 01:05 PM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  
(15-08-2012 08:39 AM)Matthew Laramore Wrote:  Faith is something that can not be proven at any point, therefore a person of faith asking other hosts of faith for proof to declare victory in an argument against people like us who accept only proof to underline anything as fact is a faux follower and not worth debating with, you have already won. A two-faced backwards masked believer is already a loser.

I concur.

It's kind of like someone who presumes the non-existence of something without doing any research and then, when faced with evidence for the contrary, they lash out into absurdities and ad hominem until they're blue in the face.

No real arguments can come from people that don't actually research both for and against any claim.

How does your response relate to what he said?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-08-2012, 01:12 PM
Ha, good luck. Those pussies will ban you and delete your posts if it hurts their beliefs.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
[+] 1 user Likes Question's post
15-08-2012, 04:15 PM
I'm curious to see where this goes on the other board....
15-08-2012, 04:25 PM
Is this the same forum that banned Hughsie for no reason a few months back? if so the mods will get sick of you and ban you for having a different opinion.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]