Proof of (any) god.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-01-2015, 04:03 PM
RE: Proof of (any) god.
(24-01-2015 03:45 PM)The Drake Wrote:  
(24-01-2015 03:40 PM)The Drake Wrote:  Not the kind of magic I was looking for, but it would definitely expand my perception. I mean, what else would you expect from mushrooms growing in cow shit.

Not that I would ever try anything like that in my quest to perceive "ENLIGHTENMENT".

No no no, I am an practical
metaphysicist.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
24-01-2015, 04:04 PM
(24-01-2015 03:25 PM)The Drake Wrote:  I often hear from my evangelical acquaintances, "How can you deny God's existence, when the evidence is all around you ?". Yet all I see can be explained without (any) God. So my challenge is this. Prove to me that there is a God, without citing the beauty of the sky, motion of the cosmos, the chemistry of love, etc. which can all be explained. Don't quote passages from a book. I want to see God descending on a pillar of fire in his golden chariot.

I consider myself to be a creatheist by which I mean that I truly abhor all religions, after reading the holy books of each extensively, but I know from personal experience that there is some kind of mysterious intelligence influencing the lives
of at least some human beings. I cannot, in good faith, refer to this intelligence as "God," because this word is most often used to depict a supreme being that has singularly beneficent intentions.

This has not been my experience, either in my own life, or considering all of the truly horrible things that have happened to millions of people over the centuries.

Surely, the slaughtering and torturing of human beings by other human beings shows "God" in a bad light, especially because all religions make the claim that
"God" has the ability to do whatever it wishes.

Christians, for example, will say that God allows evil to exist so that humans will have a choice and free will.

However, if "God" is supremely powerful it could have figured out a way to allow free will without allowing the existence of evil and so much suffering.

Logically, "God" cannot control evil, it is not omnipotent; if it can control evil, but
chooses not to, it does not have singularly beneficent intentions for human beings
or other forms of life.

Similarly, evolutionists prefer to believe that the mechanisms of natural selection, mutations and genetic drift present a more reasonable explanation of the existence
and origin of life than creationism.

In my view, both paradigms are incorrect, and obviously so.

I will continue this reply and explain why I doubt the reliability of evolutioni or creationism if anyone expresses an interest.

Truman Green
Surrey, BC
Canada
24-01-2015, 04:08 PM
Quote:They didn't have the capacity to realize it was a journey to there own inner self (or to realize they were stoned to high heaven).

[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
24-01-2015, 04:33 PM
(24-01-2015 04:03 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(24-01-2015 03:45 PM)The Drake Wrote:  Not that I would ever try anything like that in my quest to perceive "ENLIGHTENMENT".

No no no, I am an practical
metaphysicist.

I've been "enlightened" so many times I can't count. Yet lately, the only thing I ever come away with is a headache, and a nagging sense that I've done something that I may regret...or not.

The second mouse gets the cheese.
[+] 1 user Likes The Drake's post
24-01-2015, 04:35 PM (This post was last modified: 24-01-2015 05:46 PM by GirlyMan.)
I am the passenger. And I ride and I ride and I ride. ... la la la la lalala la la la la lalala

I'm not a passenger, I am the ride.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
24-01-2015, 04:47 PM
(24-01-2015 04:35 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I am the passenger.

I'm not the passenger, I am the ride.

That is WOW. I used to share a rehearsal space with Iggy.

24-01-2015, 04:58 PM
Quote:I want to see God descending on a pillar of fire in his golden chariot.

Fuck me I wanna see that too, that would kick ass.
24-01-2015, 05:28 PM
(24-01-2015 04:58 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:I want to see God descending on a pillar of fire in his golden chariot.

Fuck me I wanna see that too, that would kick ass.

Yes it would. And yet there would likely be a scientific explanation. That wouldn't make it less awesome.
http://www.space.com/25567-spacexs-f9r-r...gZYO3x2SvI