Proof of the Resurrection

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-03-2016, 09:30 PM
RE: Proof of the Resurrection
(27-03-2016 09:21 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(27-03-2016 09:02 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  I wonder if Paul placed the stuff. Consider

Some think that would explain his self-loathing, neurotic personality.

And him wanting to put Jesus in his mouth.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-03-2016, 09:36 PM
I need to read the third book Carrier mentions in that video ... about literary context. That alone is what rings so false to me about the whole thing. The themes and interests in the NT are consistent with those of later 1st Century, not 0-30 1st Century, and the theology is later than that. For example, the "Golden Rule" is what post-Diaspora Jewish Rabbis were concerned with, and wrote about. It's bizarre it shows up placed in the mouth of a preacher, while the temple is still standing.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
28-03-2016, 12:03 AM
(27-03-2016 09:30 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(27-03-2016 09:21 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Some think that would explain his self-loathing, neurotic personality.

And him wanting to put Jesus in his mouth.

[Image: 8071fe1685590e0a452b34b76ae34ff8.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 6 users Like EvolutionKills's post
28-03-2016, 07:33 AM
Thank you so much for all of the replies!!! I appreciate you all taking the time. I know it was a lot to ask and I do appreciate it.

I feel well read and well prepared when I talk to people about my deconversion. But with my husband, I feel very inadequate. He doesn't purposefully do that, he is just a very intelligent man. I am surprised that he isn't the one that deconverted because it seems so obvious that christanity is not true. But he reads people like Lane, McDowell, Lewis and those men ground him in his faith even more.

Anyway, I know I will be asking more questions later and I truly appreciate all of your help!
28-03-2016, 07:35 AM
(27-03-2016 06:14 PM)drymetal Wrote:  I'm not an expert in such things. I'm just a humble, cheeseburger eating guy that runs around Walmart like a chicken. This may seem strange, but it isn't. I'm really just interested in the response. That is what matters most. How do people react to a guy that acts like a chicken?

I had to stop reading this (I saved it for later)...my family was near by and I started laughing! I knew if I was asked, what is so funny, I couldn't show them!! haha!!
[+] 1 user Likes SallyBr0wn's post
28-03-2016, 07:59 AM
(28-03-2016 07:33 AM)SallyBr0wn Wrote:  Thank you so much for all of the replies!!! I appreciate you all taking the time. I know it was a lot to ask and I do appreciate it.

I feel well read and well prepared when I talk to people about my deconversion. But with my husband, I feel very inadequate. He doesn't purposefully do that, he is just a very intelligent man. I am surprised that he isn't the one that deconverted because it seems so obvious that christanity is not true. But he reads people like Lane, McDowell, Lewis and those men ground him in his faith even more.

Anyway, I know I will be asking more questions later and I truly appreciate all of your help!

I can take on anyone I have come across so far. I always screw it up with my wife though. You're not the only one. My wife is a huge Beth Moore fan.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
28-03-2016, 08:06 AM
(28-03-2016 07:59 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(28-03-2016 07:33 AM)SallyBr0wn Wrote:  Thank you so much for all of the replies!!! I appreciate you all taking the time. I know it was a lot to ask and I do appreciate it.

I can take on anyone I have come across so far. I always screw it up with my wife though. You're not the only one. My wife is a huge Beth Moore fan.

So good to hear!! lol. I have been invited to so many Beth Moore studies. No