Proof that God doesn't exist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-03-2017, 04:22 PM
RE: Proof that God doesn't exist
Jay Vogelsong Wrote:If God is limited by what is reasonable, as you have asserted, and what is reasonable is how nature actually behaves without any supernatural influences, then how can you still assume God can exercise any supernatural influences at all?
In which of my posts in this thread did I assume that God can exercise supernatural influence?
What is "supernatural" any way?
Isn't "supernatural" somebody's fantasy? Isn't "supernatural" something that never existed, doesn't exist and will never exists in REAL world?

So, if I assumed that real God exists, I would assumed He exists in real world. If for the argument sake this God claimed that He is omnipotent I would assume He meant that He has real power and not some kind of supernatural power that doesn't exist in real world.
I would assume that word "supernatural" doesn't exist in real God's dictionary.
I would assume that this is what God would mean if He said that He was omnipotent: "Anything that is realistic( can exist in real world) can be created by real Me, nothing real can limit real Me."

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Alla's post
24-03-2017, 04:58 PM
Bucky Ball Wrote:So your deity is not the "creator of all things".
1)I didn't say that I was talking about my deity. I could talk about someone's deity.
2)Words "creator of all things" can be taken out of context this is why I can not answer your question.

Bucky Ball Wrote:Physical bodies are neither perfect nor imperfect.
It depends on what "perfect physical body" means. I didn't say what I meant.

Bucky Ball Wrote:Every concept of any *existing* deity MUST participate in a larger Realty, and that Reality remains unexplained, even with a god.
I agree.
So, my question is this: is it possible for assumed God to claim that He is omnipotent meaning that He can create and do ANY thing that is possible in infinite and eternal Reality?

24-03-2017, 05:08 PM
(24-03-2017 04:58 PM)Alla Wrote:  1)I didn't say that I was talking about my deity. I could talk about someone's deity.

Irrelevant. Taking lessons from KellyAnn ? What deity ARE you talking about ?

Quote:2)Words "creator of all things" can be taken out of context this is why I can not answer your question.

Not an answer. Then PUT it in context. Just a loser response as you have none.

Quote:
So, my question is this: is it possible for assumed God to claim that He is omnipotent meaning that He can create and do ANY thing that is possible in infinite and eternal Reality?

No. There is no evidence for any of the gods. There is no coherent definition of the word "god".

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
24-03-2017, 05:12 PM
(24-03-2017 04:22 PM)Alla Wrote:  
Jay Vogelsong Wrote:If God is limited by what is reasonable, as you have asserted, and what is reasonable is how nature actually behaves without any supernatural influences, then how can you still assume God can exercise any supernatural influences at all?
In which of my posts in this thread did I assume that God can exercise supernatural influence?
What is "supernatural" any way?
Isn't "supernatural" somebody's fantasy? Isn't "supernatural" something that never existed, doesn't exist and will never exists in REAL world?

So, if I assumed that real God exists, I would assumed He exists in real world. If for the argument sake this God claimed that He is omnipotent I would assume He meant that He has real power and not some kind of supernatural power that doesn't exist in real world.
I would assume that word "supernatural" doesn't exist in real God's dictionary.
I would assume that this is what God would mean if He said that He was omnipotent: "Anything that is realistic( can exist in real world) can be created by real Me, nothing real can limit real Me."

Unfortunately for YOU, it DOES exist in YOUR dictionary.

"The fundamental revelation from God is the knowledge of good through the Light of Christ (John 1:9). The prophet Lehi taught his children that because of the choices made by Adam and Eve, their descendants receive supernatural knowledge of both good and evil, making a choice between the two necessary in fulfillment of the purpose of earth life. After mortality God returns to each human being eternally the good or evil each chose in life (Alma 41:1-5; 2 Ne. 2:27)."

http://eom.byu.edu/index.php/Revelation

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
24-03-2017, 05:48 PM
Bucky Ball Wrote:Unfortunately for YOU, it DOES exist in YOUR dictionary.
It is not true, word "supernatural" does not exist in my dictionary. It doesn't exist in the dictionary of God in whom I believe. Word "natural" does exist in my dictionary and in my God's dictionary.
P.S. Bucky Ball, this thread is not about my believes.

24-03-2017, 05:57 PM
You want proof that God doesn't exist in any form that make a fuc'n difference?
Confused
Let your daughter of 4.5 years old hang out where she can be kidnapped into a sex slavery ring until shes so mentally fic'n ill, she will jump off a 5 floor balcony to her peace with this soo dead azz god.

Would that degree of suffering by a totally innocent child would do it for you?
Or what in the world would it take to prove a loving god gives a smidgen of a chit enough to make a damn difference in this suffering scenario??

You have to be odd to be #1.
[+] 3 users Like BackSlider's post
24-03-2017, 07:13 PM (This post was last modified: 24-03-2017 07:20 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(24-03-2017 05:48 PM)Alla Wrote:  
Bucky Ball Wrote:Unfortunately for YOU, it DOES exist in YOUR dictionary.
It is not true, word "supernatural" does not exist in my dictionary. It doesn't exist in the dictionary of God in whom I believe. Word "natural" does exist in my dictionary and in my God's dictionary.
P.S. Bucky Ball, this thread is not about my believes.

So then, you're not a Mormon after all. Facepalm
There are no gods. Gods have no dictionaries. I don't think someone who calls "beliefs" "believes", should be talking about dictionaries.

I see, among many other things you know NOTHING about, is theology. Rather surprising, for someone who thinks she can talk about the gods. Weeping

There is a huge African drought. Right now. A million kids are about to starve. You want proof there is no god ? There you go. Right there.

[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
24-03-2017, 11:07 PM
Bucky Ball Wrote:So then, you're not a Mormon after all.
There are no gods. Gods have no dictionaries. I don't think someone who calls "beliefs" "believes", should be talking about dictionaries.
I see, among many other things you know NOTHING about, is theology. Rather surprising, for someone who thinks she can talk about the gods.
It is irrelevant to the thread.
Bucky Ball Wrote:There is a huge African drought. Right now. A million kids are about to starve. You want proof there is no god ? There you go. Right there.
Hmm...I think you confused me with someone else. I didn't ask for a proof of anything.

24-03-2017, 11:12 PM
Bucky Ball Wrote:I don't think someone who calls "beliefs" "believes", should be talking about dictionaries.
Really? Even about Russian and Ukrainian dictionaries?
I bet my English is way better than your Russian and Ukrainian.
May be even better than your Spanish. Smile

25-03-2017, 03:07 AM
There is one thing we agree on Alla, and that's the fact that "supernatural" is a useless term when talking about what is real. I think you're the first theist to ever side with me on that!

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Robvalue's post